Group Costume 2025 MW Thread

Which race day(s) are you interested in group costumes? (up to two choices)

• Total voters
I like the Epcot CM flag shirt idea the best, especially because the 10k spends so much time in World Showcase. I also think everyone having the same(-ish) shirt would really unify us as a group.

I also love the nostalgic sports outfit idea since it fits with the weekend's theme. We could even stretch this to sports chipmunk costumes, if some of us are feeling more adventurous.

Honorable mention: I am willing to run as a penguin at any time, just say the word. I love penguins!

1. CM old school Epcot shirt!
2. Maybe FOTLK animals

Or penguins.
Like @superchime mentioned, I think something with the same shirt would better tie us as a group together.

Hey y'all! Late to the discussion. I was worried about overheating or chaffing for some of the ideas*, but a 10K may be short enough not to worry too much about it.

Can other runners get in on the group costume so we can wear it at a meet-up?

*Name tag pin chaffing especially. A running buddy recently completed a half-M and had so much chaffing on his chest we could see a bloody outline of a sensitive area on his shirt.

*Name tag pin chaffing especially. A running buddy recently completed a half-M and had so much chaffing on his chest we could see a bloody outline of a sensitive area on his shirt.
I've worn a name tag for a couple of half marathons and had no issues BUT I did order the magnet option. The inside was just a small, thin, flat bar and I put it between my shirt and sports bra. They also make patch versions that could be sewn or ironed on.

Edit to add: You could easily put a strip of masking/packing/duct tape over the magnet for extra protection, but sounds like there are a lot of variations that don't require anything on the inside of the shirt.

Last edited:

During our previous DISer race meetups the idea of group costumes has come up many times, but we just never got organized enough to do it. So @Herding_Cats and I decided to finally make it happen. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier, and friends/family running with you are absolutely welcome to join.

I just realized I never "voted" yesterday. It was definitely a Monday. My favorites are the Epcot CM and the Football ideas. I also told DH about the board doing a group costume, and he's in for either of those ideas as well.

Hey y'all! Late to the discussion. I was worried about overheating or chaffing for some of the ideas*, but a 10K may be short enough not to worry too much about it.

If you are late to the party you are absolutely still welcome!!! I think we want to keep it DisBoard participants/their friends/family, but one reason we are planning ahead is so that others can join in if they are not a frequent lurker/poster or join before MW. "At a meet-up" do you mean our usual pre-race meetup, or do you mean like HH (I mean, that would make it really easy to find, right?)

I'll preface all of this with the statement that the Epcot CM costume is winning the voting right now. (Aaaaaand I see that @The Expert has added information about her experience with nametags.)
I had also considered the potential for chaffing with name tags when I started thinking about using a magnet instead of a pin (and my brain said whoa a magnet could be so much worse!) but I did also find a listing on etsy that was a sticker CM name tag. Adhesive velcro or double-sided tape could also be an option, depending on weight. Or just foregoing a nametag altogether!

ETA: chaffing/potential for people who do more involved/accessorized costumes is one of the reasons we thought the 10k might work the best.

Last edited:
I think we want to keep it DisBoard participants/their friends/family, but one reason we are planning ahead is so that others can join in if they are not a frequent lurker/poster or join before MW.
Yes -- this!

If you are late to the party you are absolutely still welcome!!! I think we want to keep it DisBoard participants/their friends/family, but one reason we are planning ahead is so that others can join in if they are not a frequent lurker/poster or join before MW. "At a meet-up" do you mean our usual pre-race meetup, or do you mean like HH (I mean, that would make it really easy to find, right?)
Thank you!! I'm excited about group theme-wear!!! For a meet-up, I meant HH or any other future group/ meet-up event.

For name tags, I've found them REALLY helpful at large group meet-ups and conventions. My costuming clubs have members from all over the world, and it's really great to identify them via name tag. They use the magnetic back so it doesn't hurt whatever fabric I'm wearing that day. I never put my last name on the tag. I use my first name and username/forum name. That's all for walking / standing though... I don't know that I would want extra block of plastic on me for running.
I love the location as DisBoards, but we may need to be mindful of IP/trademark use.

It looks like the half is gaining steam! Kerry had expressed interest (and maybe his daughter would too?) which would put you at 9. I could participate as well, depending on the costume (I’m trying to cut back on big purchases for those this year.)

Not to complicate matters, but we could do two races and use the top two vote-getters as the themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter