Group is leaving the resort choice up to me

Let's say you're with a group (all adults who have never been to WDW) who you keep asking where they'd prefer to stay for your trip and they just keep saying "I don't care, as long as it's in Disney!!" Which resort would you book to really blow them away?

I'm thinking CBR (I stayed there and loved it!), Port Orleans, AKL savannah view or WL. I'm saying all moderates because personally I really care about luxury amenities and spend quite some time at the resort and pool, enough to care.

Do you want to stay in a moderate? If so, that excludes AKL and WL from your list. Those are deluxe. I wouldn’t stay at CBR right now due to construction.

Both Port Orleans resorts are fine, but if you’re willing to go deluxe, I’d pick WL. It’s a great resort, and the boat transportation to MK is a lot of fun.

WL or POFQ. The lobby at WL is so awe striking when you first walk in, it stole my heart our first visit! The location is great and taking a boat to Magic Kingdom is a great way to start the day. POFQ is extremely charming and so small, lots of little details to make it unique too. Both of those would be awesome choices to make a great first impression on first timers!

The most visually stunning and unique experience is at AKL. Restaurants are amazing too. Get a savanah view it’s well worth the added expense. If you plan to rent points it is one of the easiest DVC resorts to get a reservation at and a 2br villa will sleep 9 with 3 beds, and pull outs.

Unless they get a studio or 2 bedroom lock off at Old Key West. Studios there have 2 queen beds and all of the villas are some of the largest on property. But I’m guessing the op and crew would probably prefer an Epcot resort, so it’s probably a moot point, just want to make sure the correct info is out there. :)
True, I based my answer on just the 2 (WL & AKL) that the OP mentioned.

Beach Club! The location is fantastic! Quick walk to Epcot and the Boardwalk.

If you can't afford BC/YC or BWI then stay at the Dolphin! We switched to Dolphin a couple of trips back due to the cost of the Epcot resorts being outside of our budget. There are frequently good deals at S/D or for my upcoming trip I purchased a Costco Travel pkg which is saving me $700 over the POFQ stay I had originally booked.

Would you recommend the princess rooms? We are all adult women who are fanatics over Disney princesses... most of our trip will probably be spent chasing characters, haha
FWIW, my sister and I are kicking ourselves for not jumping at the chance to stay here on any of our trips! From what you've said (you want to blow them away; they don't care as long as it's in Disney; you're all princess fanatics), the Royal Rooms fit the bill perfectly!

We would be renting through DVC if we got a deluxe! That's why it's so affordable for us ;) but yeah, I've showed them all the options and laid out pricing, with a percentage increase on guesses for how much it'll go up next year. They just really want the best vacation they can get and I trust them to follow through as they have in the past with vacations.
I was thinking of a deluxe, especially if I'm going with first timers Poly might be easier on them with the monorail right there? Price isn't too much of an issue tbh (anything pricier than Poly I would say no though)
If you go deluxe, I think BCV sounds right for you, as you mentioned that pool time is important. The wow factor for your friends there would be the pool area and the ability to walk to Epcot. That being said, the Poly, to me, says 'classic Disney' (and might have slightly more relaxing pools)! There's the monorail, fireworks on the beach, Trader Sam's, and I heard the studios have 1.5 bathrooms...

We have become very attached to staying at the Swan/Dolphin.

You’d have to give up Magical Express and the ability to purchase the Dining Plan, but the “Wow” factor is totally there.

If price really isn't an option and for an all-adult trip I'd absolutely stay at Yacht Club or Beach Club. Best pool at Disney, good table service restaurants, and you can walk over to Epcot for food and/or a drink. The ability to walk to a park (or walk/boat to Hollywood Studios) is a really awesome perk for us.

If you can't afford BC/YC or BWI then stay at the Dolphin! We switched to Dolphin a couple of trips back due to the cost of the Epcot resorts being outside of our budget. There are frequently good deals at S/D or for my upcoming trip I purchased a Costco Travel pkg which is saving me $700 over the POFQ stay I had originally booked.

What is S/D?

Let's say you're with a group (all adults who have never been to WDW) who you keep asking where they'd prefer to stay for your trip and they just keep saying "I don't care, as long as it's in Disney!!" Which resort would you book to really blow them away?

I'm thinking CBR (I stayed there and loved it!), Port Orleans, AKL savannah view or WL. I'm saying all moderates because personally I really care about luxury amenities and spend quite some time at the resort and pool, enough to care.

Thanks! I was considering WL. It was my favorite as a kid and I want to relive some of that lol.

I forgot to mention the trip isn't until June 2019 so hopefully the construction will be long done by then. The buses weren't terrible for me last time, with the occasional Uber if the lines were awful. I was thinking of a deluxe, especially if I'm going with first timers Poly might be easier on them with the monorail right there? Price isn't too much of an issue tbh (anything pricier than Poly I would say no though)

Would you recommend the princess rooms? We are all adult women who are fanatics over Disney princesses... most of our trip will probably be spent chasing characters, haha

Just a few thoughts:

- FYI AKL and WL are not moderates
- CBR may or may not be done construction by your dates with the tower/gondola
- POR Royal Rooms are great, even for adults, but relaxing by pool may not happen as they stay crowded and kid focused
- AKL and WL will give you lovely pool areas and deluxe amenities

If I wanted deluxe amenities and something that would WOW the others = AKL SAVANNA rooms.

My second choice would be WL, stunning resort and pool, food/lounge by the lake, boat to MK with easy access to monorail resort eats/drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter