Group rate for rooms?

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
We are in the beginning stages of planning a Disney Springs Paddlefish wedding. We would be booking a grand villa at AKL through DVC, but would also need additional cash rooms. I believe there is a 10 room minimum for a group rate, but before I call, does anyone have an idea of what kind of discount Disney offers for this?

There are mixed reviews on this. We were going to use the room block mainly because of the free nights, but that might just be a perk for Disney wedding couples. The discount they offered seemed substantial enough to be worthwhile for us. I've heard that sometimes discounted room rates are better value than group rates (or people prefer free dining which doesn't apply to group rates). For us and our group, we would have just wanted to get everything booked and locked in, and not have to worry about continually checking for discounts and wondering whether something better would come along etc. General opinion is that the room block is far more worthwhile at peak times where room availability may be a problem and they aren't likely to offer any discounts.

^^THIS. The minimum is 10 room NIGHTS, not 10 rooms, which makes it a bit easier (since one family could fill the whole requirement if they stayed long enough). But, generally, the discount available via the room block is not great—usually no more than 15% at a non-convention-hotel like Animal Kingdom Lodge. The discounts available to the general public are almost always better.

The minimum is 10 room NIGHTS, not 10 rooms
I think this might only apply to Disney wedding couples?

This is from the Disney website:
To be eligible for a group rate at Walt Disney World, you are required to book 10 rooms or more.

I know I was not still offered a group rate for our stay of 14 nights once we decided not to proceed with the Disney wedding 😉

Since you’re getting married in Disney Springs, why not book a block of rooms for your guests there? It seems like it would be more convenient for your guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter