Gruesome banner?

I use Chrome on my laptop. It has an extension "Adblocker Plus" that apparently works VERY well. I don't think it's a proprietary Chrome product though, but I sure don't know.
You still need to add/install an extension. PP said they thought Chrome has it's own ad blocker. I believe Chrome has it's own POP UP blocker. But that's not the same as an ad blocker.

Now it‘s ads for Pinocchio, Nightmare Before Christmas themed clothing, and the moment I got to the last page: wall to wall ads for assisted living centers.

Desktop with ad-blocker, no ads. Mobile device, a totally different story. Especially with the moving and jumping ads. If I go to type a post, the ad jumps in the way and I wind up on the asinine ad site. Or, the ads slowly lower from the top and block access to needed links at the top of the forums. It is a nightmare on mobile. I have to be finger quick to dodge hitting the ads.

And yes, sickening ad content. I often wonder what type of people create such trash and garbage, and then distribute it on a 'family friendly' web site. The ads are overwhelming. Wish Android had an ad-blocker

There is an "Ad Blocker Plus" for Samsung Android phones.

I am running adblocker,,and I still see adds, but at least they are just bras and furniture!

I finally figured out how to personalize & configure AdBlock Plus to block even MORE stuff on a page. :cheer2: I have been able to get rid of ads on the DIS completely and even the section of Disney Headlines and all the social media icons on the bottom of the page. Essentially the extra 3 inches of stuff that shows up at the bottom of every page. The more stuff that is blocked, the faster a page loads. :thumbsup2

Instructions:
Once AdBlock Plus is installed, there will be a little red icon in the toolbar (address bar) at the top of the browser page. Click on that. A pop-up box for AdBlock Plus shows up. Scroll down and click on the blue box saying "Block element." Then use your cursor (mouse) to scroll around the page. You will see sections of stuff turning pink. (Sometimes it's huge sections and sometimes you can refine it further to just exclude a little section within the bigger section. Click on the pink area you want blocked. (You can later undo it if you want it back.) Repeat for every section/item you want blocked. :thumbsup2

Sometimes you have to click on the same item and block it a second time before it disappears, as maybe there is an extra code or something that needs to get blocked. For the DIS ads at the bottom of the page, I had to click on each ad box separately, and possibly the larger section too, to finally remove them all.

I did this for YouTube too. There are usually suggestions for other videos to watch that appear near the end while watching a video. Those boxes often block the view of what's going on in the video. I blocked each suggestion box and now, they only appear as an outline of a clear box, to show there was something there and I can watch the whole video unencumbered.

Last edited:

I finally figured out how to personalize & configure AdBlock Plus to block even MORE stuff on a page. :cheer2: I have been able to get rid of ads on the DIS completely and even the section of Disney Headlines and all the social media icons on the bottom of the page. Essentially the extra 3 inches of stuff that shows up at the bottom of every page. The more stuff that is blocked, the faster a page loads. :thumbsup2

Once AdBlock Plus is installed, there will be a little red icon at the top of the browser page. Click on that. A pop-up box for AdBlock Plus shows up. Scroll down and click on the blue box saying "Block element." Then use your cursor (mouse) to scroll around the page. You will see sections of stuff turning pink. (Sometimes it's huge sections and sometimes you can refine it further to just exclude a little section. Click on the pink area you want blocked. (You can later undo it if you want it back.) Repeat for every section/item you want blocked. :thumbsup2

I did this for YouTube too. There are usually suggestions for other videos that watch that appear near the end of the video. Those boxes often block the view of the end of the video. I blocked them out and now, they only appear as an outline of a clear box, to show there was something there.
Woah, thanks for that bit of positive news, Imzadi. Very good!

Instructions:
Once AdBlock Plus is installed, there will be a little red icon in the toolbar (address bar) at the top of the browser page. Click on that. A pop-up box for AdBlock Plus shows up. Scroll down and click on the blue box saying "Block element." Then use your cursor (mouse) to scroll around the page. You will see sections of stuff turning pink. (Sometimes it's huge sections and sometimes you can refine it further to just exclude a little section within the bigger section. Click on the pink area you want blocked. (You can later undo it if you want it back.) Repeat for every section/item you want blocked. :thumbsup2

Sometimes you have to click on the same item and block it a second time before it disappears, as maybe there is an extra code or something that needs to get blocked. For the DIS ads at the bottom of the page, I had to click on each ad box separately, and possibly the larger section too, to finally remove them all.

I did this for YouTube too. There are usually suggestions for other videos to watch that appear near the end while watching a video. Those boxes often block the view of what's going on in the video. I blocked each suggestion box and now, they only appear as an outline of a clear box, to show there was something there and I can watch the whole video unencumbered.

Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter