Grumpy Challenge 2017.... A Marathon Weekend TR (Updated 3/19 Final Thoughts)

thank you for your trip report. really enjoyed reading it. thank you too for the kind words and tips for my first 5k.
Thanks for reading! If you need anymore tips or have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

Great trip report, Ryan, and congratulations again on a great race weekend! Hope I get to meet you in person during Dopey 2018.

P.S. Congrats to your Badgers on the huge win over Villanova. What a huge win and an exciting game. It blew up my husband's brackets, but it was still pretty cool.

Great trip report, Ryan, and congratulations again on a great race weekend! Hope I get to meet you in person during Dopey 2018.

P.S. Congrats to your Badgers on the huge win over Villanova. What a huge win and an exciting game. It blew up my husband's brackets, but it was still pretty cool.
Thanks! I hope we get to meet in 2018 as well.

It was pretty awesome, and luckily I picked them to win. Some other teams busted my bracket though.

Oohhh...Disneyland in 2018! That's awesome. You will absolutely love it. Feel free to ask for advice from those of us that have done both coasts! (The main thing is you do NOT need to come up with the $$$ to stay on-site.)

Interesting to hear about your solo trip plans. I am not sure I would enjoy a solo trip so much, but if there was a bunch of DIS meets involved it would be a fun time!

Great trip report! Congrats on the 1st Marathon! I don't know that I'll ever run a full, but your trip made it look a little less daunting (in a good way!). I'd also suggest Blaze fast-fired pizza at DS, we love it!

I enjoyed reading about your last day and want to say what a great report!

You had a nice low-key last day at Disney Springs.

I have never eaten at Wolfgang Pucks, but everyone says how good it is.

My boys, especially Ben, were hooked on Legos. We have lots of Star Wars sets, Harry Potter and almost all of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit ones. I don't think they would be interested in the Lego castle, but I wouldn't mind having it!!!

Congrats again on your marathon and the other runs, too. Sounds like you have some exciting running trips in the works. Like the others have said, Disneyland is fantastic and the Star Wars themed run sounds like a lot of fun!

Congrats on the Badgers win- nothing better than when your home team takes one!

:cheer2:

Oohhh...Disneyland in 2018! That's awesome. You will absolutely love it. Feel free to ask for advice from those of us that have done both coasts! (The main thing is you do NOT need to come up with the $$$ to stay on-site.)

Interesting to hear about your solo trip plans. I am not sure I would enjoy a solo trip so much, but if there was a bunch of DIS meets involved it would be a fun time!

Not for sure yet but pretty certain. I'll be sure to ask questions if needed.

Right now it's a solo trip but who knows what will actually happen.

Great trip report! Congrats on the 1st Marathon! I don't know that I'll ever run a full, but your trip made it look a little less daunting (in a good way!). I'd also suggest Blaze fast-fired pizza at DS, we love it!

Thanks for reading! It really was a lot of fun and I do hope to get to Blaze.

I enjoyed reading about your last day and want to say what a great report!

You had a nice low-key last day at Disney Springs.

I have never eaten at Wolfgang Pucks, but everyone says how good it is.

My boys, especially Ben, were hooked on Legos. We have lots of Star Wars sets, Harry Potter and almost all of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit ones. I don't think they would be interested in the Lego castle, but I wouldn't mind having it!!!

Congrats again on your marathon and the other runs, too. Sounds like you have some exciting running trips in the works. Like the others have said, Disneyland is fantastic and the Star Wars themed run sounds like a lot of fun!

Congrats on the Badgers win- nothing better than when your home team takes one!

:cheer2:

Thanks Dee!

Definitely recommend Wolfgang puck express. I do want that lego castle!

I'm so excited for the future trips I have in the works, I wish it was 2018 already.

That win was awesome! I hope they can go further.

Hey, BTW - we have a non-Disney connection. That Badgers win against Villanova was here in Buffalo! Didn't go to the game myself, but one of the years I'll head down for the NCAA tourney.

Hey, BTW - we have a non-Disney connection. That Badgers win against Villanova was here in Buffalo! Didn't go to the game myself, but one of the years I'll head down for the NCAA tourney.
Yes it was!

I went to the NCAA games in Milwaukee this year.

Thanks for sharing another great trip report!!

And congrats on your running accomplishments - already looking forward to the next report! After running my first rundisney event last month I know how addictive that are!

Happy running!

Thanks for sharing another great trip report!!

And congrats on your running accomplishments - already looking forward to the next report! After running my first rundisney event last month I know how addictive that are!

Happy running!
Thanks for following along! Congrats on your race!

Thanks for writing up this TR - I really enjoyed it. Loved reading about the races but also the fun your family had together outside of the races

I hope things work out and you get to do the coast-to-coast races

Thanks for writing up this TR - I really enjoyed it. Loved reading about the races but also the fun your family had together outside of the races

I hope things work out and you get to do the coast-to-coast races
Thanks for reading Phil! I hope so too.

I just finished getting all caught up on your report! I did look for you at the Star Wars dessert party, but now it makes sense why I didn't see you! I think I also looked for you on the bus back to SSR after the fireworks, but again, makes sense I didn't see you since you went to Epcot afterwards. That's awesome that they gave you such a huge box of treats to go though - some of those things were really tasty!

Great pictures of Illuminations!

You mentioned that you are already signed up for the Dopey in 2018 - I'll be running the 5km and my fiance will be in the 5km and the full. We should try to plan to meet up at some point!

I just finished getting all caught up on your report! I did look for you at the Star Wars dessert party, but now it makes sense why I didn't see you! I think I also looked for you on the bus back to SSR after the fireworks, but again, makes sense I didn't see you since you went to Epcot afterwards. That's awesome that they gave you such a huge box of treats to go though - some of those things were really tasty!

Great pictures of Illuminations!

You mentioned that you are already signed up for the Dopey in 2018 - I'll be running the 5km and my fiance will be in the 5km and the full. We should try to plan to meet up at some point!
Thanks for reading! Yeah that night was crazy. Hopefully we can meet next year.

HI Ryan!:wave2:

I know I am obviously very late to this TR.As a fellow college student, you must know how busy school gets with all the work and stuff. But, I am finally back on the DIS and I was able to finish your entire TR today. I really enjoyed it.::yes::

I have also stayed at SSR a couple times, and I totally agree with your review. It is really nice - the pools and proximity to DS is great, but the BC is my favorite resort as well!:thumbsup2

I loved reading your reviews on the ADRs you had this trip. I am heading to the Boathouse this summer, it will be my first time as well so I'm excited to try it out!:)

All your park posts/pictures were great. It seems like you were able to get a lot accomplished over your 9 days!

And of course, congratulations on completing your first marathon. It was a lot of fun reading your experiences through each race! I loved all the character photos and seeing backstage ares and such. Also, those metals are beautiful!:goodvibes

That is so exciting you already have some plans for 2018. If you decide to do a TR I will definitely be reading along!

Overall I really enjoyed your TR and look forward to hearing more of your adventures in the future!

-Alison:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter