GTY

Sinderelly

Princess
We are ready to book! Some categories only have GTY available. We need 2 cabins will DCL keep us together with a GTY status? we don't care about location etc but keeping the 2 cabins together is important. :)

We are ready to book! Some categories only have GTY available. We need 2 cabins will DCL keep us together with a GTY status? we don't care about location etc but keeping the 2 cabins together is important. :)

If you must have the 2 cabins together, do NOT do GTY or (*GT). They will NOT guarantee that the cabins will be together. If you must have them together, you need to pick alternate categories which will allow that.

If being together is most important, you should book a category that allows you to select specific rooms. Otherwise you run the risk with GTY of getting different floors and/or forward/aft.

Enjoy your cruise!

Reading through the GTY/*GT postings, it seems many--maybe even most--got cabins nearby one another. With that in mind, we took the gamble on two IGT rooms for huge savings and found out we are just 3 doors apart. Thrilled considering we could've been on different decks on opposite ends of the ship. But we would've survived and felt it was worth the savings had it not worked out. Frankly, I wouldn't be on DCL if we hadn't gotten the IGT rate. I'd probably be in connecting verandas on Norwegian.

Reading through the GTY/*GT postings, it seems many--maybe even most--got cabins nearby one another. With that in mind, we took the gamble on two IGT rooms for huge savings and found out we are just 3 doors apart. Thrilled considering we could've been on different decks on opposite ends of the ship. But we would've survived and felt it was worth the savings had it not worked out. Frankly, I wouldn't be on DCL if we hadn't gotten the IGT rate. I'd probably be in connecting verandas on Norwegian.

They will try - especially if they are linked - but there is simply no guarantee. And unlike other lines where GTY is really just a "suggestion" and people call up and whine about their assigned cabin to get it changed, with DCL it's pretty much "you get what you get".

Because there is no guarantee they will be close and the OP indicated that the cabins MUST be close, the OP should not consider any GTY or *GT but select a category that will allow her/his needs for cabins together to be met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter