Guadrian's opening date...maybe

no I’m not saying it is. I was just asking if anyone knew if soft openings are normally for DVC and AP. I’m not to sure, I just had a feeling they were, can anyone confirm as we are in Disney 6-22 May
From past experience, you just have to be lucky in the right place at the right time. Cast members will quietly come up to some people and ask them if they want to test the new rides. This is within 2 weeks before opening/reopening rides.

This was over 20 years ago, so I’m not sure if they still do it that way.

Last edited:
Is this the traditional way to introduce a ride? If so, in the recent past, do you have to secure your spots in some way with your DVC and/or AP memberships?
Im not sure, probably? I just know that’s what they did for Remy. They had some sort of website to book spots, if you look up “AP preview Remy” or “DVC preview Remy” you should be able to find info. FWIW, it sounded like DVC had fewer opportunities than AP, but maybe someone here has more info about that.

I'm just hoping they do a soft opening for AP or DVC like they have for other rides. Sadly, if they do, I suspect our trip will be too early to take advantage of that.

From past experience, you just have to be lucky in the right place at the right time. Cast members will quietly come up to some people and ask them if they want to test the new rides. This is within 2 weeks before opening/reopening rides.

This was over 20 years ago, so I’m not sure if they still do it that way.

These days the invitation comes through the app; you get a text offer to ride within a certain time frame if you are already in the park.

I tried to copy the news link in and it was being fussy. But it looks like Guardian's might be opening on Memorial Day weekend based on Geoff Morrell's posted and subsequently deleted tweet.
I suppose it's also possible that he got the opening date wrong and that's why they deleted it. But I'd love to see it open for my June trip and I'd love some info on how intense it is--a height requirement would help this ride chicken gage it 😉.
Also hoping it will be open for my summer trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter