Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

In my cruise group, some people have gotten their VGT room assignments, some have not. I'm the group that hasn't, yet (1/10 Dream)

For the general VGT, this is not unusual (or general IGT or OGT).

For the specific category - which many upthread are (the ones that are saying VGT 7A for example - it is actually a 7A GTY which is not a VGT and not at a reduction in price) - guaranties they are often assigned earlier.

For the specific category - which many upthread are (the ones that are saying VGT 7A for example - it is actually a 7A GTY which is not a VGT and not at a reduction in price) - guaranties they are often assigned earlier.
Aha! That works! I got my assignment this morning! Posting report after this.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B deck 7
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 19
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Honestly, I'll take it!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 2:00am and 6:45am
9. What month is your cruise? January

I have only ever booked FL discount and they are always a category GTY like 5A GTY or 7A GTY and I usually see my room assignment after IGT/OGT/VGT because it's a much steeper discount.

OK, that's a different thing though - a FL Resident discount more than a "GTY" for those of us who don't live in Florida. But since they use the same thing, perhaps in this thread it should be something like FL 7A GTY or something to specify and avoid more confusion than necessary.

Most category Guarantee (5A GTY, 7A GTY, etc.) are put up before the discounts and are NOT discounted.

2. What category and room # did you get? 4A Deck 10 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very pleased! Anything that was a proper non-navigator's Verandah was going to be make me very happy considering the discounted rate, and getting a family sized room is the cherry on top. I have seen some say Deck 10 is unideal for noise and small overhang, but cannot complain at all for the price honestly.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Early morning

Thanks to everyone who contributes in this thread, it was super helpful for my own planning, so I had to give back with my own report!

It's definitely not clear cut. I'm one of those recent VGT people who got their room assignment at 31/32 days, although my previous VGT room assignment came out at 13 days. I know it's VGT and not GTY because I booked with an interline discount.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 8536
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 35 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Yes!! Very happy!!
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 10am Easter time.
9. What month is your cruise? February
10. When did you book your cruise? 12/17/2021

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10010
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?": This is awesome - I just wish I weren't terrified now about the variant.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
10. When did you book your cruise? 12/2/2021

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 10010
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?": This is awesome - I just wish I weren't terrified now about the variant.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown
10. When did you book your cruise? 12/2/2021

Same boat.. just a few weeks behind you... Booked but wondering now about how things will go. Not as worried about catching it, as I'm vaccinated and in good health. But being positive before or after boarding could really be an issue for what is suppose to be vacation time. We purposely booked a three night with not ports of call other than CC.

2. What category and room # did you get? 7A 5638
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy! I would have been even happier with a 4A (ha!), but the Navigator Verandah seems different and interesting.
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 4 and 7 pm.
10. When did you book your cruise? 12/22/2021

2. What category and room # did you get? 05A 7046
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 27
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" The room is directly across from the mid ship elevators but was much less than the secret porthole room we had originally booked. Happy to be mid ship since this is our first cruise and I have no idea if anyone gets seasick.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning, checked at 8:30, was not assigned the night before.

2. What category and room # did you get? 7530 Cat 5
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 27
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Super happy! We are traveling with family on a linked reservation and they gave us adjoining rooms. Love deck 7.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Not booked together but linked and they are adjoining
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? In the morning

I have never booked a cruise so last minute can someone help me with this?
Reservation #:Dining:SECOND
Cruise Itinerary:4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New OrleansCategory:VGT
Embark Date:14-Feb-2022Stateroom:GTY
Debark Date:18-Feb-2022Description:Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions
Ship:Disney Wonder

Does this mean that I will get my stateroom number sometime between now and embarkation?

Will I not get get a "navigator's verandah"? But possibly restricted "view"?

Also, any help with CZ50 and CZ38 Cozumel Dolphin excursions is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You will get at least a 7A category room assigned to you at sometime in the the future. It could be as early as 30 day (or before) or as late as when you arrive at the port. If you go through this thread you can see when others have gotten their room assignments. (I got mine at 27 days.) A restricted view means you could have a whitewall verandah vs a plexiglass verandah. On the Magic and Wonder staterooms with a navigators verandah only sleep 3. If your party is larger than that you will not be assigned that stateroom.

I like to go to the travel section of Costco's website and look at which rooms are available while waiting for my VGT stateroom to be assigned, just to see which room could possibly be mine.

You will get at least a 7A category room assigned to you at sometime in the the future. It could be as early as 30 day (or before) or as late as when you arrive at the port. If you go through this thread you can see when others have gotten their room assignments. (I got mine at 27 days.) A restricted view means you could have a whitewall verandah vs a plexiglass verandah. On the Magic and Wonder staterooms with a navigators verandah only sleep 3. If your party is larger than that you will not be assigned that stateroom.

I like to go to the travel section of Costco's website and look at which rooms are available while waiting for my VGT stateroom to be assigned, just to see which room could possibly be mine.
I don't know anything about the Wonder and this was a spur of the moment purchase when I was bored the other night. We are only about 5 hrs from New Orleans.

This will be my 2nd DCL cruise and my adult daughter is on this cruise with me.

Do you happen to know where I can see the opening day prices for this cruise so that I can see if I got a decent price for 2 people. $1699 plus taxes and insurance.

2. What category and room # did you get? 5646 6A
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Leftover. I know it's a gamble with a VGT, but I feel like we lost this time. This is a solid wall verandah that is really narrow.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure

The reason I got a verandah was so I could sit and watch the water without being in the crowds, and I can't do that from this room. I would rather have saved my money and booked an Oceanview. We are going to try to upgrade at the port I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter