• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

What category GTY cabin did you book? 06A GTY
2. What category and room # did you get? 05A
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy with midship, was hoping for 04A tbh,
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Next to each other but they're not connecting rooms
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? early afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? April

We are sailing on the Dream over Memorial Weekend (May 27-30) and we booked a while ago - GTY is what our stateroom currently shows on the app and the details read "Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions" I have no idea what we'll end up in - but I looked at how many verandah staterooms were left open and there were 201 at my last count - so we truly could be placed anywhere on the ship! Deck 10 has the most open verandah rooms, followed by decks 7, 6, 9, 8. Deck 5 only had ten open verandah staterooms. Getting nervous as we are only two weeks away from our online check in ... hoping we have a stateroom assigned quickly!
I also booked this cruise as VGT and have the same “guaranteed verandah stateroom with restrictions” wording in the app. I hadn’t taken the time to see what rooms were available, so thank you for posting. Here’s hoping we get an assignment soon!

I also booked this cruise as VGT and have the same “guaranteed verandah stateroom with restrictions” wording in the app. I hadn’t taken the time to see what rooms were available, so thank you for posting. Here’s hoping we get an assignment soon!
Still waiting! We hit 30 days next week - hope we know soon!

We are sailing on the Dream over Memorial Weekend (May 27-30) and we booked a while ago - GTY is what our stateroom currently shows on the app and the details read "Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions" I have no idea what we'll end up in - but I looked at how many verandah staterooms were left open and there were 201 at my last count - so we truly could be placed anywhere on the ship! Deck 10 has the most open verandah rooms, followed by decks 7, 6, 9, 8. Deck 5 only had ten open verandah staterooms. Getting nervous as we are only two weeks away from our online check in ... hoping we have a stateroom assigned quickly!
Remind me how you can see the open rooms left for a particular category on a sailing?

Remind me how you can see the open rooms left for a particular category on a sailing?
If there is a special way - I don’t know it! I just went into each verandah category and counted manually. If there is a better way to do it - I’d love to hear about it! Cause it is tedious! 🤣

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B - Deck 8, MID
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? YES - Connecting cabins
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 12:00pm
9. What month is your cruise? May

2. What category and room # did you get? 05B - Deck 7
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" After the last 2+ years, I'd sleep on the floor in the kitchen. We are happy to be forward since this is the Fantasy and everyone seems to prefer the more forward rooms over aft.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? a Not sure, it was there when I woke up.

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B - Deck 7
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" After the last 2+ years, I'd sleep on the floor in the kitchen.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? a Not sure, it was there when I woke up.
Can I ask when in May you are sailing? We are sailing end of May and still don’t have our VGT assigned yet. 😢

Can I ask when in May you are sailing? We are sailing end of May and still don’t have our VGT assigned yet. 😢
We're on the May 14 Eastern cruise.

Someone else a few pages back had theirs assigned a few weeks ago for the same cruise. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is.

We're on the May 14 Eastern cruise.

Someone else a few pages back had theirs assigned a few weeks ago for the same cruise. Not sure what the rhyme or reason is.
Interesting! We sail May 27, so I assume we won’t know for a while yet!

2. What category and room # did you get? 05B - Deck 6 MID
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy. Deck 6 Midship is not close to anything but also not far from anything. Stateroom reports mention it's quiet. Just happy not to get 07
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? -
6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unsure, I checked in daily and it just happened to be there one day
9. What month is your cruise? 16th May - First Alaska Sailing

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT, VGT, IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B, 05B, 11B
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 26
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, received connecting veranda rooms and inside room directly across the hall. Cabins are over the edge of the theater. hopefully this won't be an issue.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, connecting & across the hall
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? evening

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT, VGT, IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05B, 05B, 11B
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 26
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, received connecting veranda rooms and inside room directly across the hall. Cabins are over the edge of the theater. hopefully this won't be an issue.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes, connecting & across the hall
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? evening
We are 24 days out and still no assignment on the Dream. Starting to think we may be one of those families who find out the day we sail!

What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 09C Deck 2 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy to get a room with one large window instead of two small but concerned about being on deck 2 (I thought deck two was for quarantine).
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A

What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 09C Deck 2 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 21
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy to get a room with one large window instead of two small but concerned about being on deck 2 (I thought deck two was for quarantine).
We are only 17 days out and still no room assignment. Every time someone posts I get so excited hoping today will be the day ours is updated. Congrats on your room assignment!

2. What category and room # did you get? 05B 7162
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very happy, love aft
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? 1p

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 05C 6544
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Don't feel like we got a leftover, but I know a lot better rooms were available. Was hoping for Cat 4, but oh well!
6. What ship are you sailing? Disney Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around 12:00 pm CST

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter