Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 04A Deck 10 AFT
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 09
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" very happy
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? between 1-4pm
9. What month is your cruise? July
Same cruise, same aft upgrade just deck 8 :)

What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 08B Deck 8 AFT
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" definitely happy
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2-adjoining!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning
9. What month is your cruise? August

Room 1

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 4E
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 5
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Very Happy (Got Connecting Rooms)
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connected - Interior (and will Open Balconies)
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
9. What month is your cruise? July 28
10. When did you book your cruise? 07/19/2022

Room 2

Exactly the same as Room 1 above (we assigned 1 Adult + 1 Child to each Room; and connected the Reservations online in the DCL App prior to the Rooms being assigned in case that is helpful).

Update Post Cruise: The connecting Rooms and the connecting Extended Verandahs (Rooms 5658+5660 - AFT on the Dream) were amazing; absolutely zero noise issues on the Dream, and the View of Atlantis and Castaway Cay was great.

Last edited:
Ok, I know I am just whining here. Everyone on my cruise was getting their cabins assigned from VGT and getting amazing cabins 4A, aft extended balconies, etc. We then get ours and is basic - I mean, it is not terrible, but really basic VGT room.
I understand. It’s hard to prepare yourself and try to keep the bar low. Been there.

Don’t know really but I’m on now and there are 1100, I’ve heard about the same for the next cruise, then 85% full for the following. There’s space. They’re also selling upgrade onboard.

What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT, OGT and VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11b 6002, 9a 6010 and 5c 6034
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I’m happy with our 9a and that my parents 5c is a full verandah. Think the 11b isn’t ideal for my sister’s family of 4 but that’s the chance they took.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Close together considering 3 different categories
6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Midday

What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT, OGT and VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 11b 6002, 9a 6010 and 5c 6034
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" I’m happy with our 9a and that my parents 5c is a full verandah. Think the 11b isn’t ideal for my sister’s family of 4 but that’s the chance they took.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Close together considering 3 different categories
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Midday
I have to say, they really put a lot of effort into getting you guys near each. Wow.

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 7024 and 7026
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? It seems like a good room, but much further forward than I would choose. I am slightly concerned about sea sickness. I wasn't expecting forward deck 7. There were lots of aft deck 9 and 10 left and I thought we might get that area Of course was hoping for a Deluxe family room lol!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms adjoining!
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon

2. What category and room # did you get? 4B 8106 MID
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? Super happy. I got a deluxe family stateroom, although there are only two of us (I won't ever say no to extra space). It's basically in the middle of everything and a mid-aft location, so I'm not complaining.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening
9. What month is your cruise? September

I’m waiting on a VGT room assignment. This is the first time cruising in about 10 years and our first guaranteed room. Does Disney send an email notifying you of your room assignment or do you just have to keep checking your reservation online?

I’m waiting on a VGT room assignment. This is the first time cruising in about 10 years and our first guaranteed room. Does Disney send an email notifying you of your room assignment or do you just have to keep checking your reservation online?
You have to keep checking your reservation. They will not notify you.

What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 6537,6539,6542
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? I am happy that Disney put all all together which is great as we have two of the rooms with first time cruisers. However, I do like the split bath and would have loved a little Pixie dust especially being Platinum. We are just excited to be on the ship and explore new places with wonderful friends. I also like the six deck as it is easy to get to everything.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? All three cabins are next to each other. Wow!
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Evening

Attachments

• 1660334648301.gif
    1660334648301.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 4
  • 1660334648339.gif
    1660334648339.gif
  • 1660334648375.gif
    1660334648375.gif
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 10B 2063 & 2065
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 19 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? Happy but I wish it had just been a little further from the elevators!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon EST

I am ~12 days out from my Disney Magic VGT cruise and still waiting for a room assignment!
It’s both stressful and exciting at the same time waiting for your room assignment. We are 50 days out and already I check multiple times a day knowing I’m likely still 5-6 weeks away from room assignment.

I don’t know if this will make you feel better or worse, but I’m 8 days out from my Dream cruise and don’t have a room assignment still.
Depending on your room assignment, are you going to inquire about an upgrade at the port?

2. What category and room # did you get? 5A
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 19 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? Ehh... deck 10 right under Cabanas -- worried about noise from above. Not thrilled.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter