Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 04B Deck 7 AFT
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, prefer extended verandahs on deck 5 but this will do nicely as we prefer starboard side aft
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2
6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning
9. What month is your cruise? September

What category GTY cabin did you book? OGT (2 rooms)
2. What category and room # did you get? 08B Deck 7 AFT
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 15
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"We are thrilled. Two Family deluxe OV cabins with round tubs, connecting and starboard side aft. We wanted 2 cabins so the teens could have their own cabin. Did not want verandas, but was hoping at least connecting. So got what we wanted and much, much more. Perfect!!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? connecting
6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? afternoon/evening

2. What category and room # did you get? 05C Deck 6 Midship
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 6
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy :). Starboard side is our favorite side to be on!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning
9. What month is your cruise? August

2. What category and room # did you get? 04E Deck 5 FWD
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 9 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Nice to get an extended verandah
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning

2. What category and room # did you get? 04E #7688
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"
I feel they tried to wow us with a large verandah... But, I didn't realize I could get a room without a bath tub. My mistake for booking this VGT, going to Pay to upgrade or change room at Port. (Our Friends last week were able to upgrade a VGT at the port in the terminal) Thank goodness we have early Port arrival time. Yes 7688 has a giant verandah seen on YouTube videos of this exact stateroom ( we have had a 1 bedroom suite before larger verandahs are nice) but the vibe and layout of this room is off for me, and I take nightly relaxation baths so the no bath tub is the deal breaker. While the stateroom is not listed as Handicapped/Accessible the layout and bathroom resembles this. Just for reference we usually book deck 9 midship 05A, or concierge suite for special occasions, this will be our 10th Disney cruise and 1st time ever booking VGT. It was a $1,200 saving so we thought it was worth a shot. It's a lesson learned for us to just pick our room as we usually do. It will work out in the end and so excited for our Disney Cruise ...Platinum here we come!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? late Afternoon 3:45 EST

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 04E #7688
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?"
I feel they tried to wow us with a large verandah... But, I didn't realize I could get a room without a bath tub. My mistake for booking this VGT, going to Pay to upgrade or change room at Port. (Our Friends last week were able to upgrade a VGT at the port in the terminal) Thank goodness we have early Port arrival time. Yes 7688 has a giant verandah seen on YouTube videos of this exact stateroom ( we have had a 1 bedroom suite before larger verandahs are nice) but the vibe and layout of this room is off for me, and I take nightly relaxation baths so the no bath tub is the deal breaker. While the stateroom is not listed as Handicapped/Accessible the layout and bathroom resembles this. Just for reference we usually book deck 9 midship 05A, or concierge suite for special occasions, this will be our 10th Disney cruise and 1st time ever booking VGT. It was a $1,200 saving so we thought it was worth a shot. It's a lesson learned for us to just pick our room as we usually do. It will work out in the end and so excited for our Disney Cruise ...Platinum here we come!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? late Afternoon 3:45 EST
I’m thinking we are on the same cruise. ive had this room. It’s huge, but the bathroom as you described.

I’m thinking we are on the same cruise. ive had this room. It’s huge, but the bathroom as you described.
Heck ya we are on the same cruise as I see in your signature. If you see us say hi, we will be the two 50 year olds acting like 5 year olds singing Disney tunes and having a Blast! Hope you have a Magical cruise.
49B40EA2-6DCD-4C61-ACB8-98882693BE22.jpeg

2. What category and room # did you get? 04B Deck 7 Aft
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 22
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy! Looks like the room is more midship which is where I was hoping to be.
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Friday or Saturday?
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Friday evening or Saturday very early morning

Hi,

We are looking to book our first Disney Cruise (Dream). When looking to book there are these two options for Guaranteed Verandah Rooms:

Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom with Restrictions

and

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah-Guaranteed

There is only a $17 difference between the two. I've looked through this thread but can't figure out what is the difference between the two. Is there a benefit to one over the other?

Thanks for you help :)

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 7024 and 7026
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 16 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover? It seems like a good room, but much further forward than I would choose. I am slightly concerned about sea sickness. I wasn't expecting forward deck 7. There were lots of aft deck 9 and 10 left and I thought we might get that area Of course was hoping for a Deluxe family room lol!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? 2 rooms adjoining!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Afternoon
We are back from our cruise and loved our room I would book it again. I was worried about its being to forward but it was great, very little motion.

Hi,

We are looking to book our first Disney Cruise (Dream). When looking to book there are these two options for Guaranteed Verandah Rooms:

and

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah-Guaranteed

There is only a $17 difference between the two. I've looked through this thread but can't figure out what is the difference between the two. Is there a benefit to one over the other?

Thanks for you help :)
The first one is considered a VGT and it has a lot more restrictions on the reservation, like you can't move the room, can't make changes on the room, and you can't cancel, etc. The guaranteed room is GTY, which means that disney assigns the stateroom but there are less restrictions on the reservation. You may be able to change room, etc. with the VGT you can get assigned any verandah room anywhere, with the GTY room you are guaranteed on at least getting that level of category.

The first one is considered a VGT and it has a lot more restrictions on the reservation, like you can't move the room, can't make changes on the room, and you can't cancel, etc. The guaranteed room is GTY, which means that disney assigns the stateroom but there are less restrictions on the reservation. You may be able to change room, etc. with the VGT you can get assigned any verandah room anywhere, with the GTY room you are guaranteed on at least getting that level of category.
Now I am confused between GTY and VGT. See below. My reservation has both on it for our Oct sailing on the Dream.

Your Stateroom: GTY​

4 Guest:

Category: VGT
Deck: To Be Assigned

2. What category and room # did you get? 06B 7184
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 11
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Really disappointed to be honest. Happy for the most part (photos I originally saw were from a different ship, mislabeled)

Last edited:
2. What category and room # did you get? 06B 7184
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Really disappointed to be honest.
Will you be trying for an upgrade at the Port to get another room? Main disappointment being that you are all the way at the aft of the ship?

Will you be trying for an upgrade at the Port to get another room? Main disappointment being that you are all the way at the aft of the ship?
Were gonna ask! Being at the aft actually doesn't bug me really, the white wall verandah was the one thing I was hoping to avoid lolol
I know well have a good time either way, I was just in my feelings for a minute haha

Were gonna ask! Being at the aft actually doesn't bug me really, the white wall verandah was the one thing I was hoping to avoid lolol
I know well have a good time either way, I was just in my feelings for a minute haha
We will be on the Dream in Oct out of Miami on a VGT rate so we will find out our stateroom in about 3 weeks or so. Fingers crossed. Also, good luck with the upgrade and let us know how it works out. Either way I’m sure you will have a great trip!

Mini update: After searching through a billion different stateroom photos I found out that the "solid white wall" on the Dream isn't from deck to railing like a lot of places list it as, its only about knee high! So we might not even ask about upgrading :) I'm much happier now that I figured that out!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 4A
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Happy, I think! Upgraded to Deluxe Family, and on a high floor that will help avoid waiting on elevators (I hope)
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
10. When did you book your cruise? June 30, 22

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? VGT
2. What category and room # did you get? 5C 6520 Forward
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover?" Nervous, I'm afraid I'll get seasick on Forward
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, we have 3 rooms right next to each other
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
10. When did you book your cruise? June, 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter