Guardians compared to Rock n Roller Coaster?

I can't do RnR because of the inversion. I don't like Everest because the launch backwards for 20 seconds scares the hell out of me. It's too much like falling. That's also why I don't ride ToT.

But Guardians of the Galaxy is my favorite ride. I've been on it 12 times so far. I've yet to get everybody wants to rule the world as my song. But it is truly thrilling. Very smooth but you move very fast. And it's all downhill. You feel the g-force is pulling you and I swear there's a part where I definitely feel like I'm coming off the seat. But the restraint is very comfortable and secure. So this is a ride I can just sit back and enjoy.

I have done Tron three times. It's not nearly as intense as guardians or Everest. In fact I thought seven dwarfs was more intense because of all the swinging. Tron has a super fast launch which is the most thrilling part. It's extremely smooth. Smoother than guardians. But very short. You slow down when you get inside the building. And it only lasts 58 seconds total. Makes me wish there was another big drop inside the building for one last thrill. But that's not how they designed this ride.

People who are prone to any motion sickness or have any health issues or not going to like Guardians of the Galaxy. Even though the vehicle is not constantly spinning, the fact that it does turn while you're going up and down throws people off. Several people in my family are one and done.

I don't think the same is true for Tron. Because it's so smooth and short, you really don't have time to get unbalanced.

The actual ride vehicle is so much more comfortable on Guardians vs. RnR. You have a lap bar and not a pull-down bar. the latter, my head hits back and forth no matter how much I remember to keep my head back. The vehicle is also roomier. As far as intensity, I don't tend to get motion sickness, but I can get a headache post-RnR from my head going back and forth against the safety bar.

Rock n Roller Coaster is a no go for me. Rode it once and it about killed me. 😅 How is Guardians compared to RnRC? Makes one sick? Smoother or better or not?
In my experience (someone who has to take Dramamine on a cruise -pills+chews) it was more nauseating vs space mountain (slightly dizzy sea leg type unless it has the Halloween overlay and darkness) or RnRC (love it and can ride multiple times). For reference at Six flags I can ride Super man with no dizziness but Batman makes me nauseous and dizzy for a good 30 mins and I have to sit down.

The second time I rode GoTG on an empty stomach and waved my hands and moved with the ride not trying to focus on anything and let my body move with the ride, I didn’t feel nauseous but was slightly dizzy (like sea legs). For me it comes down to when I try looking at something/focusing too much it makes me more nauseous. Also if I’m in a car I can’t read while the car is in motion (causes nausea).

I wonder if the Dramamine ginger chews would help

Ok great. Yeah I don't like RnRC launch to much. Glad to know that. How does it compare with Everest?
The launch is the best part. It's why RnRC is my favorite coaster at Disney. It still doesn't top my favorite coaster, Maverick at Cedar Point. It's launch is 70 mph in 3 second

I went on RNR once and that was it for me, the launch was too intense. That being said I love Guardians, it’s now my favorite ride at Disney. The launch is fast but not as jolting at RNR, it’s so much smoother whereas Rockin’ feels like your head is snapping back. The same is true for Tron, it’s a fast launch but smoother. I think RNR goes from 0-60 in 2 seconds, Guardians and Tron take a little more time to get to speed so you don’t feel like you are slamming into a wall. I don’t know if that makes sense but for me Tron and Guardians were much better. Also I know those launch numbers probably aren’t accurate and I’m sure someone will correct me, but I was just using them as examples.

We are going to try to get a boarding group for this in May for our trip. But not sure if we will all want to get on it. Is it scary at all? Any drops? Anything popping out at you? Is it in the dark? To compare, we have all done test track, big thunder, seven dwarfs but rock n roller or tower of terror is too much.

We are going to try to get a boarding group for this in May for our trip. But not sure if we will all want to get on it. Is it scary at all? Any drops? Anything popping out at you? Is it in the dark? To compare, we have all done test track, big thunder, seven dwarfs but rock n roller or tower of terror is too much.
There is a lot of very helpful information if there have shared in this thread. Reading previous answers will be helpful while waiting for others to answer your questions.

Is RnRc still the only ride in Disney that goes upside down? Does Guardians or Tron go upside down?

This is funny bc a family asked me how I felt about this bc one of their kids was uneasy and the questions they asked weren’t exactly reflecting the uniqueness of the ride. The kid didn’t like drops, and pointed to Slinky Dog as a comparison, and I was like “well…”. I hated drops growing up and I don’t think this has anything that bad as far as drops go. However…

(I’m going to spoil some aspects so if anyone cares about that they should stop reading but if you’re here you’re probably not concerned about spoilers 🤷‍♂️)

- It launches backwards
- It then shoots you upward while you’re still going backwards, and then turns you nicely so you’re facing forwards. However, it continues to tilt back and forth as the cars turn.
- Yes, it’s in the dark. I’d describe it as the evolution of Space Mountain in many respects, to the point where I feel like SM should be in for a long refurb eventually. It’s now my favorite ride in all the parks, including Uni.

I can’t say this enough, it’s a VERY smooth ride. Doesn’t feel as intense as RnRC. No loops. But I couldn’t say definitively whether or not that kid should ride it, mostly bc I was the same kid (I’m not sure what they ended up doing). The only way you find out is if you decide to give it a go. Something I recommend if you’re uneasy is to watch POV clips to get a sense of what the ride is like, so I’m linking a vid that I’ve watched since going on it, it’s dark but gives you a bit of a feel of what it’s like.

As for Tron, it’s very similar to Hagrid, maybe a bit more intense at the beginning. But if you can handle Hagrid I think you can handle Tron.

Drops, speed quick takeoffs do not really bother me much. But, going in circles, a lot of swiveling and virtual screens bother me more. I have no issue with RnR and love GOG, even though the twisting car does get me a little queasy LOL
Our family also really likes Tron and have no issues riding it. To us Tron is way to short and we wished it would have more time outside. I do not agree with it being similar to Hagrid, other than they both have 'motorcycle' type vehicles. We found Hagrid more fun and intense, and more comfortable to ride. Riding in and out of the forest is so much better than going through the Tron gates inside the building. Plus, I believe it's over 3 times longer at around 3-1/2 minutes, not the very sad 1 minute Tron length:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter