• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

Next question…how long do we expect them to have virtual queue in place? We are visiting in August, is it likely to be still using this?

This is very disappointing news as far as I'm concerned.

What actually happened to turning up at a theme park and having a level playing field to get on the attractions?

It's obvious that both Disney & Universal will continue to use the virtual queues - just another reason to be looking at your phone every 5 minutes and taking more fun out of the day.

Very disappointing yet totally expected.

I watched the RoR virtual queue problems, and I'm nervous because I really want this ride.

Our trip is in December now, so I'm hoping those months between launch and our arrival make it easier. I'll glue myself to my phone for VQ and will try to get lucky with LL, but I want to ride this!

I’m very sad to hear this. I was really hoping to use the evening hours to ride it. I was able to get a place in the virtual queue last summer for Rise, but I’m sure this will be so much more competitive. I may just have to give up a thought of riding it this summer, because there’s no way I’m gonna pay extra for ILL
To be fair, I'm guessing based on Remy (etc). Remy opened October 1st and didn't go to EEH until early December.

Next question…how long do we expect them to have virtual queue in place? We are visiting in August, is it likely to be still using this?
Anyone answering would be guessing, but I can't imagine they'll be rid of it that quickly. If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be in place until after Labor Day, at least.

The VQ better open to offsite people at the same too
They've never limited the VQ. The ILLs are limited, but they've never done that with the VQ.

This is very disappointing news as far as I'm concerned.

What actually happened to turning up at a theme park and having a level playing field to get on the attractions?

It's obvious that both Disney & Universal will continue to use the virtual queues - just another reason to be looking at your phone every 5 minutes and taking more fun out of the day.

Very disappointing yet totally expected.
The virtual queue is twice a day - so you're really not staring at your phone all day.

I know there's not agreement on this, but I honestly think this is (almost) the most fair thing that they can do. The 7am drop means you could potentially change parks if you didn't get a spot, the 1pm means you don't have any further reason to hang around. (To me, the most fair thing they could do would be a straight-up lottery at 7:15am and 1:15pm, and any remaining spots stay open after the pull. That would take most of the tech challenges out of the equation.)

Four-hour lines for rides like this don't help anybody. It's a waste of a park day, and even the best ride in the world will feel less so after a four-hour wait. And not everyone is physically able to wait four hours. (And I would wonder if there's enough room anywhere in that area for four-hours-worth of people.)

Last edited:
I read the DFB guide ride review, and the queue sounds like a HUGE part of the story of this ride. If you do VQ or $ILL, I know with other rides there can sometimes be portions of the queue that you skip. How does that work for rides that don't have standby? Surely they won't have people just breeze past chunks of the story for the $ILL, right?

I read the DFB guide ride review, and the queue sounds like a HUGE part of the story of this ride. If you do VQ or $ILL, I know with other rides there can sometimes be portions of the queue that you skip. How does that work for rides that don't have standby? Surely they won't have people just breeze past chunks of the story for the $ILL, right?
Good question! How was this handled with VQ for Rise? At Disneyland, iirc, we walked through the whole que.

queue.jpg

Btw - in the discussions about lines and whatnot in this thread:

From the pictures of the loading area (and what we saw in the concept art), it looks like the trains have ten rows of two. (Five pods of four.) If that's the case, and there's not a second loading area, that would mean that the hourly capacity of GOTG would be on par with Slinky Dog. (Maybe gently higher.)

That would be roughly half of Remy's hourly capacity.

So, consider what the lines and LL situations are like with Slinky Dog now, and remember that it's been open for four years.

That's why I don't expect anything "easy" with this ride this summer.

Good question! How was this handled with VQ for Rise? At Disneyland, iirc, we walked through the whole que.
The VQ replaces the standby line, so you get the full queue there.

For the most part, the newer rides have the LLs drop in after the queue but before anything important in the ride. For example, ROTR drops in right before the pre-show. Having said that, the LL for Flight of Passage skips the entirety of the lab. Remy's LL drops in before you pick up your glasses, so you miss the "outdoor" piece and the artist studio.

I'd be very, very surprised if they had people skip something that was key to understanding the ride.

So I guess this means at 7am you have to split resources with half plugging for VQ and the other half LL. My anxiety is growing :worried::hyper:.

So I guess this means at 7am you have to split resources with half plugging for VQ and the other half LL. My anxiety is growing :worried::hyper:.
So we’ll end up with some people getting both a VQ and paid LL and some people with nothing. It’s a terrible system and they could at least stagger the times so their IT system doesn’t inevitably fall over from demand.

So we’ll end up with some people getting both a VQ and paid LL and some people with nothing. It’s a terrible system and they could at least stagger the times so their IT system doesn’t inevitably fall over from demand.
I didn't think they would allow that to happen. Was it that way when Remy had both? You could get both VQ and LL? That is one of my fears...by 7:03am I'll get to be disappointed twice.

I didn't think they would allow that to happen. Was it that way when Remy had both? You could get both VQ and LL? That is one of my fears...by 7:03am I'll get to be disappointed twice.
Think you can get both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter