Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

I read that this has two loading areas. Do they ride on the same track or different like Space Mountain? (I heart SM right!)

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to Have 7am, 1pm, and 6pm (Select Dates) Virtual Queue Openings

Disney has released more information regarding the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind virtual queue. Here’s the latest:

How to enter the virtual queue

Beginning at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation, guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT will be able to check for an available boarding group via the My Disney Experience app* and request access to the virtual queue. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or on your way to the park.
At 1 p.m., there will be another opportunity to join the virtual queue for anyone who wasn’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Keep in mind, guests must be inside EPCOT to access this second virtual queue opportunity.
In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to save the galaxy, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours. Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

Virtual queue during extended evening hours

Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

How to purchase individual Lightning Lane entry

Guests with valid park admission and a park reservation can purchase individual Lightning Lane entry in the My Disney Experience app* via the Disney Genie service on the same day of their visit, subject to availability. To learn more about Lightning Lane entrance access at Walt Disney World, visit disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/.

Virtual queue and individual Lightning Lane entry are only accessible via the My Disney Experience app*. If you have questions or need assistance registering for virtual queue or purchasing an individual Lightning Lane entry, look for one of the Guest Experience Team cast members throughout the park, who will be happy to assist you with your plans.

Last edited:

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind to Have 7am, 1pm, and 6pm (Select Dates) Virtual Queue Openings

Disney has released more information regarding the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind virtual queue. Here’s the latest:

How to enter the virtual queue

Beginning at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation, guests with a valid ticket or pass and a Disney Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT will be able to check for an available boarding group via the My Disney Experience app* and request access to the virtual queue. This can be done before you leave your Resort hotel or on your way to the park.
At 1 p.m., there will be another opportunity to join the virtual queue for anyone who wasn’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Keep in mind, guests must be inside EPCOT to access this second virtual queue opportunity.
In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to save the galaxy, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day during regular park hours. Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

Virtual queue during extended evening hours

Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time.

How to purchase individual Lightning Lane entry

Guests with valid park admission and a park reservation can purchase individual Lightning Lane entry in the My Disney Experience app* via the Disney Genie service on the same day of their visit, subject to availability. To learn more about Lightning Lane entrance access at Walt Disney World, visit disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/lightning-lane/.

Virtual queue and individual Lightning Lane entry are only accessible via the My Disney Experience app*. If you have questions or need assistance registering for virtual queue or purchasing an individual Lightning Lane entry, look for one of the Guest Experience Team cast members throughout the park, who will be happy to assist you with your plans.
I’m happy that it sounds like the same process as Remy, with the oh-so-very-welcome addition of the special opportunity for DEEH!

thanks @mrsap.

Sounds like the 6pm option is only for Deluxe guests on the M or W or whenever the EP extended nights are, not for the others.

And for the paid LL, you still have to have an EP reservation? rather than having another park reserved and intending to hop to EP. For one, the LL could be much earlier than 2pm, the earliest you can hop.

I know these seem obvious, sorry, I just want to make sure I have right.

thanks @mrsap.

Sounds like the 6pm option is only for Deluxe guests on the M or W or whenever the EP extended nights are, not for the others.

And for the paid LL, you still have to have an EP reservation? rather than having another park reserved and intending to hop to EP. For one, the LL could be much earlier than 2pm, the earliest you can hop.

I know these seem obvious, sorry, I just want to make sure I have right.

I'm curious about the paid LL access, too. If I need an Epcot reservation to try for those I think I may want another Epcot day on my trip 🤔

“ Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours”

Since it says “additional” do you think that means we can get a second VQ if we stay for extra evening hours? Or do you think they just mean there is an additional “drop” at 6pm. Either way this is great news that it is open and running guests during extra evening hours, but I would really like a chance to ride it twice!

“ Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours”

Since it says “additional” do you think that means we can get a second VQ if we stay for extra evening hours? Or do you think they just mean there is an additional “drop” at 6pm. Either way this is great news that it is open and running guests during extra evening hours, but I would really like a chance to ride it twice!

Wondering the same thing, but it seems to indicate riding twice as an option!

Can someone please clarify-
Can anyone (onsite or offsite) purchase ILL for Cosmic Rewind or is it just for onsite guests at 7am and offsite when park opens? (I'm finding conflicting information)
Thanks in advance

I'm curious about the paid LL access, too. If I need an Epcot reservation to try for those I think I may want another Epcot day on my trip 🤔
I'd think you would need an EP reservation for the paid LL since the announcement states "Guests with valid park admission and a park reservation can purchase individual Lightning Lane." It's probably just us questioning "a" park reservation as a possible "any" park reservation. Don't we currently need an EP reservation to purchase Remi or HS reservation for purchasing Rise? I don't actually know the answer to that since I've never bought one. But it seems like that would give us the answer. And can you buy a ILL and also snag a BG. Does that mean potentially 3x in a day for a Deluxe or certain hotels like Swan/Dolphin guests.

Last edited:
Can someone please clarify-
Can anyone (onsite or offsite) purchase ILL for Cosmic Rewind or is it just for onsite guests at 7am and offsite when park opens? (I'm finding conflicting information)
Thanks in advance
I think it's been on property guests only at 7am for the paid LL, park opening for offsite. I'd imagine it'll be the same for GotG. Offsite guests could still make Genie+ selections at 7am, and that's where people get confused on paid LL.

I'd think you would need an EP reservation for the paid LL since the announcement states "Guests with valid park admission and a park reservation can purchase individual Lightning Lane." It's probably just us questioning "a" park reservation as a possible "any" park reservation. Don't we currently need an EP reservation to purchase Remi or HS reservation for purchasing Rise? I don't actually know the answer to that since I've never bought one. But it seems like that would give us the answer. And can you buy a ILL and also snag a BG. Does that mean potentially 3x in a day for a Deluxe or certain hotels like Swan/Dolphin guests.

I haven't tested this because it hasn't come up for me yet but I was under the impression if you had park hoppers linked, you could make ILLs for parks outside your reserved park. But I genuinely don't know.

We have a trip planned for this July and would like to go to Epcot on our arrival day. I don’t plan on buying genie+ but I would like to purchase LL+ for GotG. Is it true I can purchase LL+ at 6:00am (central time) while at the airport for later in the day? We are staying on property. Thanks

You can do that - for park-hoppers, the earliest available ILL time that comes up is 2pm.
Thanks. We may actually consider buying a ILL for the 1st time, as long as not outrageous prices. We've only used G+ w/ RD/last ride. Or in the case of something like Mine Train, just before fireworks.

I'm not a religious guy at all, but I'm still PRAYING that they drop the VQ before our planned ten day WDW trip this October! I can just see us coming out of ten full park days without even getting one ride on the new coaster...

If I want to play the damn lottery, I'll buy a scrath off ticket!

As for ILL, I just know they'll all be gone in 1.4 seconds. So what are the odds that we'll have a standby line by October?

I'm not a religious guy at all, but I'm still PRAYING that they drop the VQ before our planned ten day WDW trip this October! I can just see us coming out of ten full park days without even getting one ride on the new coaster...

If I want to play the damn lottery, I'll buy a scrath off ticket!

As for ILL, I just know they'll all be gone in 1.4 seconds. So what are the odds that we'll have a standby line by October?
I would say very low. I don't think they will even consider it till atleast a year out. I am hopeful for you tho and hope I am very wrong.

Have Epcot reservations for May 28th. Staying onsite. Which, VQ or ILL , will I have better luck getting for a time before 2pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter