Guardians of the Galaxy name?

Thom72

Mouseketeer
Dsny is reporting the rumor new name of Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be "Infinite Universe". Supposely it will be a launch style coaster housed in a separate building behind UoE building. I do like the name and concept with UoE being a large queue area. Curious what interactions the queue will have. Anyone else hear anything on this rumor?

Clearly it should be named "Guardians of the Galaxy: The Search for Stupid Judy" .... in reality the rumored name seems fine and also has a reference to the upcoming Infinity Wars movie that the Guardians will be in

That's great. Epcot could use another E-ticket attraction. That's a net gain for Epcot considering what it was replacing. Having a "coaster" in every park now really helps divide the crowds out between all the parks, though I still feel Epcot suffers from "small children" rides and probably will continue to do so until Ratatouille (or other unknown projects).

I like the idea of a queue building. Some of my most memorable moments at WDW wasn't the ride itself but the queues (where you spend MORE of your time in) .. whether it was the stretching room at Haunted Mansion or the dark, "scary" caves of Pirates or the long tunnel to get into Space Mountain ..

The name .. ehh.. doesn't matter what they call it.

Dsny is reporting the rumor new name of Guardians of the Galaxy ride will be "Infinite Universe". Supposely it will be a launch style coaster housed in a separate building behind UoE building. I do like the name and concept with UoE being a large queue area. Curious what interactions the queue will have. Anyone else hear anything on this rumor?
The name fits in with the Epcot theme more than Guardians of the Galaxy.

not sure if it was intentional or not, as the name itself sounds like a good fit for Guardians, but having universe in the name could also e a bit of a throwback to Universe of Energy's name too

The name kind of gives some indication how it ties into Epcot with the idea of exploring outside our realm, even if it's been done before elsewhere in future world. I know I'm in the minority but I'm looking forward to this! Hope there's tons of Epcot references just like breakout has tons of parks references and the movies have a lot of marvel references

I really am interested in what the plot is and how much the Peter Quill/Epcot Center connection will be played upon.

me too - I really hope that tease from D23 is just the beginning of the connection they have planned rather than the full extent of it

I'd love it if Peter has explained to them what EPCOT is (but it is what EPCOT was when he was there as a kid) and then you get some smart-alec comments from Rocket about the lack of Horizons, etc.

If it's a coaster though, how much time will you really have to devote to EPCOT references and such?

If it's a coaster though, how much time will you really have to devote to EPCOT references and such?

depends what type of coaster - could be a coaster but with slow periods as well like 7DMT or Gringotts, etc.

That would be better, but I'd prefer more of an Indy-type ride for Guardians. I think that might be a good fit for their "universe".

Remember, this is going to be basically two buildings. The existing UoE is going to be all Que and such, with the second building that will be built housing the ride. So while the ride may be short, the overall experience may be better with the extended que

Remember, this is going to be basically two buildings. The existing UoE is going to be all Que and such, with the second building that will be built housing the ride. So while the ride may be short, the overall experience may be better with the extended que

That's true, and I assume the exit would go through the UoE building as well, so could be stuff in the queue to explain the story, then some pre-show with animatronics (like the Rocket one at Mission Breakout) and then the coaster part, and then a exit show on the way out as well

YEa I'm hoping coaster wise it will be something more along the lines of Gringotts with an immersive story. As much as I would enjoy a big thrilling coaster like RnR I can jsut go to an amusement park liek Cedar Point to ride those anytime, but when I take a trip to Universal or Disney I want an immersive expereince.

YEa I'm hoping coaster wise it will be something more along the lines of Gringotts with an immersive story. As much as I would enjoy a big thrilling coaster like RnR I can jsut go to an amusement park liek Cedar Point to ride those anytime, but when I take a trip to Universal or Disney I want an immersive expereince.
If it is something like Gringotts, then maybe let it be a little bit more thrilling and the ride vehicles would be a spaceship

Agree like a little more thrills with it, which I think given Guardians it could be. And maybe some animatronics and not just screens. But could have some sections where you are launched to "fly" through space and have screens around the track to make it look like you are being chased by ships. But then have slower sections with animatronics of the guardians too.

Agree like a little more thrills with it, which I think given Guardians it could be. And maybe some animatronics and not just screens. But could have some sections where you are launched to "fly" through space and have screens around the track to make it look like you are being chased by ships. But then have slower sections with animatronics of the guardians too.
I was going to say if you're going to wish for gringotts I hope you're wishing for a more physical version and not the screen filled version! If they do screens, hopefully they do like they did for shanghais pirates where it is just the background

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter