Guardians virtual queue.

I wonder if they’d let you go thru the regular queue instead of the LL if you wanted to see the whole thing.

On the other hand, the less time you spend in the queue, the less opportunity that it’ll go down while you are in line.
Honestly the VQ aka standby line isn’t “worth it” IMO. Getting on quick and seeing the preshow sets you up for a great ride! When you don’t wait long, you are more likely to be “pumped” and not “tired” for the experience.

Not sure about the “rude” stuff going on. I’ve only had great posters help me. I also am glad to help where needed.

Just wondering if you changed your park reservation after securing the VQ, would it let you? I don’t know if someone would do this but say you reserve EP just to ensure you can join the VQ (the only reason you have that park scheduled) You join the VQ then change to another park. Wondering if it would cancel your VQ.
As far as anyone knows - it shouldn't cancel your VQ. I did this when Remy had a VQ - scored it, then switched to another park, went to Epcot after 2pm.

I don't know if anyone here has actually tried it with GOTG. I think riding the ride has been the higher priority so far.

We rode last week twice, once with ILL and once with VQ. Our VQ was 69 and we ended up getting called around 12:30. We were able to pick a time for our ILL and picked a time around 4pm as we wanted to be in that park for dinner anyway (we started in a different park that day and hopped to EP).
Let me ask it a different way...can you buy an afternoon ILL in the morning?? Or do you have to wait for 1pm to do so? I imagine all BGs in the am drop will be < 1pm?

As far as anyone knows - it shouldn't cancel your VQ. I did this when Remy had a VQ - scored it, then switched to another park, went to Epcot after 2pm.

I don't know if anyone here has actually tried it with GOTG. I think riding the ride has been the higher priority so far.
Right now we only have one “planned” Epcot day bug have hoppers. I wouldn’t be beyond giving it a shot.

You can select the time you want for an ILL (assuming it stays the same while you pay for it.) The 7AM and 1 pm drops are for the virtual queue, not paid ILLS. As far as the virtual queue goes, you don't really have a say as to when your boarding group is called. It will vary according to how fast they can cycle guests in and out. Ride downtime will increase the wait.

Let me ask it a different way...can you buy an afternoon ILL in the morning?? Or do you have to wait for 1pm to do so? I imagine all BGs in the am drop will be < 1pm?
We paid for the ILL all for 4 days of opening weekend. For our Epcot days we got times before 12. For our hopper days our times were after 2p. They didn’t go too fast so you could refresh and try for a later time if needed. We wanted afternoons because we wanted to be at MK in the evening,

I will be going to FL for work next week. Monday is a travel day, and I plan to take an early flight and go to Epcot and try to ride Guardians and Remy. At 7am I'll be in the air, so probably not able to try for a VQ spot. The plane lands in Orlando around 8:30am, so I can try to buy an ILL then. I can arrive at Epcot by 9:30, so I can try to get the 1pm VQ while I'm in the park. Remy is the only other attraction that I'm interested in, so I don't plan to buy Genie+.

On Tuesday, my work starts around noon, so I can be in Epcot until about 11am. I can try for a VQ at 7am, but if the return time is after 11am I guess I'm out of luck. In that case I can try to buy an ILL for prior to 11am, or maybe for after work is done after around 4 or 5pm. I can rope drop Remy's that morning.

Other days are full work days, so I only have the evenings to go to the parks. I have reservations for Epcot on Wed and Fri and DHS on Thurs, but I'll play it by ear depending on when work ends, weather, etc. I might go to Universal on Wed evening.

Does this sounds like a good strategy to ride Guardians on Mon or Tues?

If I do buy Genie+ what are the odds of getting a Remy's Lighting Lane if I can't try to book it until after 8:30am?

They give you one when your group is called, but if you show up after that, tell them you couldn't report at that time. consensus seems to be you can go in later than the time your group is called, but not earlier. The VQ is fluid and the time a group is called can depend on several factors.

Is there any place or person that is attempting to track the daily VQ drops to analyze how long they have been lasting, at both 7 and 1 (and even 6pm on Mondays)?

Would love to know and follow along to see if it has gotten or will get better, time wise, the further we get away from opening weekend.

For example, @WDW Stats on Twitter sometimes posts them, but the last time I saw a specific GotG VQ post was from Wednesday (June 8th). According to them, the 7am drop lasted 5 min and the 1 pm drop lasted 50 min. Granted, that's a Wednesday (when more people are probably at MK for EMH) and I'm not 100% sure exactly how accurate it may be.

Really? I thought you had a 1 hour window to check in.
The tech is designed for an hour return, but it hasn't been enforced. If you scan in late, the reader will blink like there's a problem, but the CM will clear you through. (With Remy's VQ, the sign would say "Groups 45-60", but the CM would announce "Groups 60 and under".)

I think the issue is mainly the unpredictability of the return time. The VQ really wasn't designed to fill up at 7am - that's just been what's happened. When they initially tried to strict-enforce with ROTR, it caused a lot of headaches when it inevitably screwed with people's dining reservations and other plans - easier and safer to just let people show up whenever they can, as long as it's not before their group is called.

Is there any place or person that is attempting to track the daily VQ drops to analyze how long they have been lasting, at both 7 and 1 (and even 6pm on Mondays)?

Would love to know and follow along to see if it has gotten or will get better, time wise, the further we get away from opening weekend.

For example, @WDW Stats on Twitter sometimes posts them, but the last time I saw a specific GotG VQ post was from Wednesday (June 8th). According to them, the 7am drop lasted 5 min and the 1 pm drop lasted 50 min. Granted, that's a Wednesday (when more people are probably at MK for EMH) and I'm not 100% sure exactly how accurate it may be.

That information is included here:

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/guardiansofthegalaxycosmicrewind/

I see on that page when boarding groups are called and you can ride. But I don't see where it shows anything about how long the VQ has boarding groups available to book at 7:00 and 1:00. Am I missing something?
Sorry, you're correct. It shows how long ILL$ are available for purchase but not how long the virtual queue LL are available with each drop. Thrill-data is my go-to for stats. Hopefully someone can point you to where that data may be being collected as it does not appear that Thrill-data captures that stat.

FYI - if you were in EP right now, you can still join the VQ, a full 30 minutes after 1pm (and counting). Waking up at 5am in the mountain time zone is too early for me to test the first drop of the day though. I'm sure that goes much much quicker.

Would really be interested in how Monday is different, since it is the EMH day, but this is very encouraging and not reminiscent of ROTR at all, really. Granted, this still doesn't guarantee a ride as you could get stuck with a time/group that doesn't get called, but it's encouraging that there's no five second rush and they are gone scenario.

Attachments

• IMG_7004.PNG
    IMG_7004.PNG
    98.7 KB · Views: 6
FYI - if you were in EP right now, you can still join the VQ, a full 30 minutes after 1pm (and counting). Waking up at 5am in the mountain time zone is too early for me to test the first drop of the day though. I'm sure that goes much much quicker.

Would really be interested in how Monday is different, since it is the EMH day, but this is very encouraging and not reminiscent of ROTR at all, really. Granted, this still doesn't guarantee a ride as you could get stuck with a time/group that doesn't get called, but it's encouraging that there's no five second rush and they are gone scenario.
Honestly, this is a lot like Remy. I'd have to go back through the thread to be sure, but I vaguely recall the 1pm lasting until after 2pm within three weeks of it opening. (Obviously, excluding busy days / weekends.)

With so many people having motion sickness issues (one and done), it should just keep easing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter