Guardians wait times throughout the day

planningsummer

Earning My Ears
Hey! So on my last trip, I received a pretty early boarding group for Guardians, but didn't end up joining the queue until around 11:00AM. At that time, the line was really backed up and I ended up waiting around 55 minutes. I went and had a snack and then came back to use the ILL I had also purchased to be able to ride it twice, and I saw that the standby line was WAY shorter. I'd love to ride it twice during the day on my upcoming trip, but I really don't want to have that long wait again. It just got me wondering if anyone had noticed if there are better times of day (post-lunch lull? afternoon? dinner-time?) for getting in the virtual queue line. Thanks for any opinions!

In my experience, unless you have an early BG, the line is at least 45 minutes. We only do ILL$ for GotG now. Worth it for us not to stand there and be relagated to the opposite of the room as the exit doors in the preshow.

Unfortunately there is no real pattern as guests can arrive anytime after their VQ has been called. We’ve arrived at the same time and one day waited 75 mins and the next, 20 mins.

Another time we arrived to a short line but the attraction stopped and didn’t move at all for 20 mins so line grew greatly behind us.

The average time when joining the line with a VQ is approx 45 mins but sometimes more and sometimes less.

I honestly don’t think there is a pattern other than if you get an early return time, going as soon as you’re called will almost always be a shorter wait than later in the day.

For what it’s worth, our experience with Tron was the same and they enforce the return time. VQ will still mean a wait once joining the queue.

The only way to avoid most waiting for either attraction is to purchase an ILL$.

Because they allow people to use their BGs anytime after their times have been called the GotG standby / VQ line is going to get longer as the day goes on. If they would actually make people use them within the hour window then it would cut down on wait times.

The two times I had a boarding group in the 60s or higher my wait was about 20 minutes, but that was in November when the parks weren't super crowded. The third time I got Group 1 and I went right there at rope drop and had no wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter