Guardians Will Open with VQ and ILL

Nobody else has a phone or tablet? If not, you'll have to decide which to try first on the one device. But multiple people can be logged in to one account on different devices if you have access to another device (and another user).
Ah, my daughter has a tablet-but she’s 9 so no MDE account that allows scheduling. But if she can be logged into mine at the same time as I am, then we’ll do that. I’ll have to get schooled up in how to work the ILL. (Probably less stressful than VQ)

We usually use both devices to try for the VQ. Based on ILL for past attractions such as Rise, do we think there will be enough time for an on-site guest to still purchase a ILL for Guardians right after an unsuccessful attempt for the VQ?
I would certainly think much of the focus will be on the free VQ right at 7AM. If that doesn't work, then you just need to contend with resort guests for ILL - have to think you'd have a decent chance. Guess it really depends on the throughput of the ride and how many they're allowing for VQ and how many for ILL.

I would certainly think much of the focus will be on the free VQ right at 7AM. If that doesn't work, then you just need to contend with resort guests for ILL - have to think you'd have a decent chance. Guess it really depends on the throughput of the ride and how many they're allowing for VQ and how many for ILL.
Thank you. We may have to lessen our shot at the VQ and have only one of us try for that while the other tries to purchase ILL. Will obviously be watching closely when the ride opens:)

Another question—right now we have park reservations at Epcot for all three days, under the assumption to get VQ or ILL you have to have an Epcot reservation and we won’t know which day we’ll get lucky. This is seriously limiting my mental planning, though. Is that the limbo I’ll have to live with?

If you don’t want to pay and wish to ride yes if Epcot is still open to park passes definitely swap

VQ drops 7am (from anywhere I’ve personally pulled from 30 miles away at home for rise and ratatouille) and possibly 1pm (you have to be physically inside Epcot or of tapped in earlier in the day so park pass is a must)

ILL drops at 7 if on site or park open if off site hoppers May book one so long as it’s after 2
So you don't need to be in the park for the VQ, at least for the morning drop? (I thought I remembered having to be in park when ROTR first came out) I may need to add another Epcot reservation day to try for VQ before $ILL

So you don't need to be in the park for the VQ, at least for the morning drop? (I thought I remembered having to be in park when ROTR first came out) I may need to add another Epcot reservation day to try for VQ before $ILL
Originally you had to be in the park but that has changed.:)

They changed the rules for the Rise VQ a few times. At one point, they had three signup periods!

Ah, my daughter has a tablet-but she’s 9 so no MDE account that allows scheduling. But if she can be logged into mine at the same time as I am, then we’ll do that. I’ll have to get schooled up in how to work the ILL. (Probably less stressful than VQ)
It may matter what tablet you have. I know you can use an iPad, or at least one that can download the most recent version of MDE. But I've an old Amazon Fire and there is no way that I could use that.

Originally you had to be in the park but that has changed.:)
I know pre pandemic I think you had to be in park for first drop for rise…. I however went on rise post reopen in November 2020, January & July 2021 (July was from home other two were from pop)

For the 7:00 VQ drop, can you get a VQ reservation for after 2:00 if you plan to park hop to Epcot? It seems that with the second VQ drop at 1:00 (and being required to be in the park to get that one), that means that you can't park hop to Epcot and try to get one of the 1:00 drops

We're staying in a Disney Springs hotel that participates in early entry, but doesn't qualify for early ILL, from what I understand here. We have Epcot reservations on 5/31. I know nothing is for sure yet, but what options would we likely have? Just VQ? At 7?

For the 7:00 VQ drop, can you get a VQ reservation for after 2:00 if you plan to park hop to Epcot? It seems that with the second VQ drop at 1:00 (and being required to be in the park to get that one), that means that you can't park hop to Epcot and try to get one of the 1:00 drops
IF the VQ process is the same as it was for RotR & Remy, you’ll have to have a reservation for Epcot to try for a VQ at 7:00, and you’ll have to be inside Epcot to try for a VQ at 1:00. That’s IF the process is the same. Yes, that means “No Epcot Reservation” = “No VQ for GotG.” Sorry.

Last edited:
We're staying in a Disney Springs hotel that participates in early entry, but doesn't qualify for early ILL, from what I understand here. We have Epcot reservations on 5/31. I know nothing is for sure yet, but what options would we likely have? Just VQ? At 7?
Assuming the rules are the same as they were when Remy opened, your options are VQ at 7:00, VQ at 1:00 (assuming you've entered Epcot by then), or buy an ILL after they sell out. ILLs do appear from time to time many days despite originally selling out. Unfortunately, many people are looking for them, so you have to be fast and lucky to get one. But it is possible. It's like refreshing for a Genie+ LL, only harder.

So it looks like you will need a park reservation for the VQ. Do we know if a reservation is needed to purchase ILL?

So it looks like you will need a park reservation for the VQ. Do we know if a reservation is needed to purchase ILL?
It will probably work like the ILLs for the other rides. You will need a park reservation for a park that day. If your ticket allows park hopping, your park reservation can be for another park and you will be allowed to buy an ILL for Guardians for a time after 2:00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter