"Guess who`s back"...3 Return for 3 Weeks @ RPR. Parks, KSC with lots of good food and fun...A May 2023 TR

You had another wonderful day! A fantastic start with that lovely breakfast — it is wonderful when you just get chatting and don’t even realize time is passing 🥰

The Andretti place does look like fun for the guys. I think guys are generally much more competitive than I am. I love they had multiple things to do together 🎉 Like you, i’d be all over an adult beverage 🍷

And I love that Kyle enjoyed driving here! I would be terrified to try driving on the other side of the road. I know I would cause an accident 😚

Isn’t it amazing how time flies like that when you’re having fun!

The Andretti place is very good, yes being competitive is boring to me, so maybe that’s why I never win at bowling or whatever……lol……yes, gimme a glass of wine anytime.

He did love it and said it was so easy, we’d been telling him that for years though. I think you’d find it easier than you think to drive on the “wrong” side of the road. I think in 16 years of driving over there, we almost made an error once, so that’s not too bad. I do get very frustrated with tourists though (I know….I know) when they don’t know you can turn right on red unless it tells you otherwise of course…….lol…….

LOL, I figured that's what happened. No problem. I just wait a little bit and contact you! But I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. Hopefully it's fixed this time:)

I’ll reply today :thumbsup2…..I’ve gone through the contact list and there doesn’t seem to be a reason why you and Robbie went to spam???

Yes, hopefully that’s it fixed!

Lol I’ve thot the same thing, would be a nervous ’wreck’.

Another great installment Carole. Will say, those sunny side up eggs look perfectly cooked, usually more of a miss than a hit in restaurants.

I do think it’s easier for us to drive in the USA compared to others driving on some of our roads for the first time, but it is fun driving there!

Those Loews chefs are very good I have to say, Tom has ordered eggs several times over the years and RP/Sapphire have never been anything other than perfect.

Kyle loved driving here! We could tell as within a few seconds he was very comfortable behind the wheel, and of course we had a new designated driver after today.......

None of us were overly hungry when we got back home, but we did want something to nibble on to keep us going till dinner.

Tuk Tuk is very nice, they have plenty of meal and snack options as well as a variety of drinks, hot, alcoholic and non alcoholic. It`s empty this afternoon, but some mornings it`s completely mobbed for breakfast, we`ve never seen it as we`re never in the lobby at this time, but have heard from others the line can go out the door, but they get through lines very quickly I`m told.

They do have some seating around the other side but again, I imagine it`ll be very busy.

i-wRDqbXT-X2.jpg

i-ggF2VFd-X2.jpg

i-K7mbRK8-X2.jpg

I`d had one of the chicken caesar salads on a previous trip and it was lovely, just the right amount of everything......and very fresh, I`d get one again.

Sandwiches, wraps, salads, parfait and fruit are just some of the cold options available but there are plenty of hot options too.

i-JKGQN2N-X2.jpg

i-tSLM8KM-X2.jpg

I was disappointed to find this was Gelato and not ice cream when they opened, we`re not big Gelato fans but do enjoy a very good ice cream.

i-8kqMDGw-X2.jpg

And plenty of adult libation choices!

i-5bN3PBr-X2.jpg

Kyle made a beeline for the dessert counter of course, Tom and I were going to share muffin like dessert and he chose 2 little chocolate cakes which did look nice.

i-swJjRdr-X2.jpg

i-ZBbRPwM-X2.jpg

i-zLT5BLz-X2.jpg

I nipped along to the Club Lounge and was delighted to see Alex was working tonight.....we`d be back down later and always looked forward to chatting with her a lot, I made Tom and I some tea and took it back to the suite to enjoy it with the shared muffin which was actually very filling, not sure where the picture of our muffin went, but this was Kyle`s cakes which he gleefully devoured and enjoyed every mouthful of them!

i-d7DGfNM-X2.jpg

Kyle took my ipad and looked up the run on Saturday and sure enough there were still places you could book, so he signed up and paid the cost, which wasn`t expensive at all, but included getting a teeshirt, medal, glow stick, food and drinks including margaritas....sounded good!! He got the confirmation through very quickly, so now we knew what we would be doing on Saturday night and we looked forward to that.

We got changed and headed down to the lounge early, mainly to chat to our Alex of course and we did manage a good catch up today, she did bring someone over to introduce to us. We had seen him around for several years and he said the same about us but another who said he had heard a lot about us.....always makes us nervous as we hope it`s all good.....so far it has been!! Jake was the Director of Housekeeping he sat down and chatted for a while and we did have a good old giggle at a few things, he was very nice and it was lovely to finally meet him.

The hot offering in the lounge tonight was one of their nicest dishes, Beef Bulogi and Jenn had added a vegetable lo mein to go with it, so of course we had to try it. The beef we`ve had before and it is very nice, but the lo mein was equally as nice and a lovely addition to the dishes on offer. And looking at the guests, it was extremely popular.

i-L33qfD4-X2.jpg

i-wQvVgTb-X2.jpg

Kyle came down to join us for a time before we headed over to Sapphire, I had asked Fernando if we could get a table for the five of us around 8pm, so we knew even if they were really busy, we were sorted.

Takes us around 10 minutes to get to Sapphire and Strong Water is not too busy.....Fernando greets us immediately and it`s always a joy to see him. He is one of life`s gentlemen and genuinely cares about his guests and also has a stong affection for the staff in there and they all know how much he values them which is such a nice environment to work and be in, we love the place.

I had just sat down when the lovely Maggie who is absolutely a mind reader, delivered me my first Carole`s Punch of the evening.....she just knows.....lol.......

i-zrnMhcb-X2.jpg

Kyle got a non alcoholic strawberry something or other, but he did enjoy it and I think he had another later too, Tom ordered his favourite Fountain of Youth.

i-qgKTw2Z-X2.jpg

D&J arrived as soon as we got our drinks, so Maggie popped over and I introduced them to Maggie although she had met D before on the night before my birthday last year, but it had been a while.....also introduced our friends to Fernando as I wasn`t sure they had met him before and they too thought he was just adorable.

D of course ordered Carole`s Punch and I think J ordered the Fountain of Youth too.

i-kT69wgW-X2.jpg

We of course got chatting about rum, of course and Fernando brought over a lovely rum for us to do a tasting and yes, even Kyle took a taste of this one too. Fernando is amazingly knowledgeable about anything to do with rums and he has taught the folks in Strong Water all he knows too, so you will get an informed answer to any questions usually.

We were yet to see Lenny and Anthony this trip, one was off and the other only works certain times, we`d see them both soon. But, for now, this rum was not for me.....and D thought I was very polite saying not for me as opposed to I really didn`t like this one! Tom and J liked it as did Fernando and I was quite impressed Kyle could explain which flavours he didn`t like in this one. I think this was the first I had disliked from here.

i-8V87xfR-X2.jpg

We then finally got around to ordering some food and I think we all chose really well......

The menu is one we really love, so many choices whether you are in the mood for seafood, chicken or beef.....spoilt for choice....

D ordered the dish I had never tried and I don`t know why as I love everything in it, the Jerk Chicken which was chicken on the bone in a spicy marinade but it wasn`t really spicy, the only rice I like which is coconut rice and it came with a little side of mango chutney.

i-GQXpHjX-X2.jpg

I ordered one of my favourite dishes which is off the menu now, but it is a guava bbq pork dish with a garlic mojo pepper sauce and served with Tostones.....gorgeous!!

i-4bcqzGk-X2.jpg

Tom got the newest ceviche which included whitefish, scallops, shrimp in coconut, onions, peppers, cilantro and a mofongo crumble. We obviously got the dish minus cilantro and they didn`t have the mofongo crumble which was fine with us and it was a beautiful dish.

i-4G8CGXd-X2.jpg

i-tFfD95v-X2.jpg

J opted for the Tuna Tiradito which is just beautiful and Kyle went for his usual dish here, the sliders. He does like burgers!

i-Txp2SbJ-X2.jpg

This was a lovely evening......I swear we laughed so much at one point I thought we were all going to burst!! D and I crack each other up with just a glance at times, it`s so comfortable with them and the same with J although we had only met him once, we felt very much at home in his company too. And having several lovely drinks with good food, family and friends, it doesn`t get much better.

At one point D asked what we our plans were over the next days ahead and I went over a couple of things and then she looked at me funny and asked....what is Muzzle Mania.......I did look a bit bewildered but laughed when I realised the way I said Mall at Millenia sounded like Muzzle Mania......lol....so that`s what it became, everytime we went, we laughed at Muzzle Mania! My Scottish accent does get some funny looks at times!

I asked Maggie as she passed if we could order Kyle a dessert while we decided what we wanted, but she smiled mysteriously and said she was working on something......hmmmm.

1687185347133.png

We didn`t have long to wait.....and Maggie and Chef Carlos as always, came up with something rather lovely.

i-fnDwrtR-X2.jpg

i-G9pWzVh-X2.jpg

Kyle of course eyed up the chocolate cake and I think we all knew that one belonged to our boy!!

We all shared the rest of it which was a mix of Coquito Cheesecake, Banana Bread Pudding with rum n raisin ice cream, Guava and Cheese Pastelitos and a coffee ice cream.

There was a lovely selection of desserts for us, as I don`t like banana desserts I more or less stuck to the Coquito Cheesecake and did have one of the Pastelitos....but we all had a taste of all of it and it was gorgeous. Chef Carlos came out to say hello too and he is another who is the nicest man, and he has a wicked sense of humour too!!! We like him a lot.

And of course we finished off the evening with a picture...... 🥰

i-bXm9Rn4-X2.jpg

Of course saying goodbye to friends is never easy, it would be a while before we saw them again, but thank goodness for modern communications that we can keep in touch!! First we had to say goodnight to Maggie, Fernando and the crew which always takes a time, but we`d be back over of course.

D & J were leaving in the morning and they were in Sapphire tonight and they had a suite with the balcony so they were going to go enjoy that for a time before they headed to bed, so goodnight`s were said and we headed back over to RP talking about what a lovely evening it had been.

It was late when we got back and finally got into bed as we just chatted some more in the room, but eventually Kyle kicked us out to our room as he was tired, so we dutifully disappeared and Tom was asleep in a matter of minutes, I sat at the window for a time just watching the lights of the park opposite and marvel at how busy the I-4 is almost 24 hours a day......but eventually I hopped into bed and looked forward to some park time tomorrow.

What a wonderful evening! I love how your drink arrived before you even asked ☺️ They know you all so well! The dessert platter was scrumptious, and Kyle had a winner with that cake 😋

I’m glad you had the chance for a fabulous meal with friends. Spending time with people we care about is precious! 🥰🥰🥰

What a wonderful evening! I love how your drink arrived before you even asked ☺️ They know you all so well! The dessert platter was scrumptious, and Kyle had a winner with that cake 😋

I’m glad you had the chance for a fabulous meal with friends. Spending time with people we care about is precious! 🥰🥰🥰

lol…..they do know me so well!!

The platter was lovely and they had chosen some perfect desserts for all five of us, so it worked out well and as always it was just so thoughtful to present that to us.

Oh lord yes, spending time with friends is priceless and it really was a lovely evening and we were so glad they got to meet Kyle too as they had both heard so much about him.

1) Finally caught up-work has been crazy!

2) Did not realize the Andretti experience had bowling (my dad always wants to go kart but I would rather just be in an open area to drive as fast as i want lololol! Although he is still shocked I want to do Top Golf :rotfl2: )

3)I have heard mixed about Amistista's but that breakfast looked delicious!

4)Tostones are always a win

5) that dessert OMFG a coquito cheesecake :love:

FRIDAY MAY 5TH

And we are wide awake again as early as we usually are, yep, even on vacation we don`t ever sleep late, for us, Kyle included it`s such a waste of the day to sleep when you could be out having fun so once we were showered and dressed, it was a quick breakfast of our usual items and then we were back in the room to get our usual lathering of sunscreen before we go anywhere.

I saw Kyle over by the window putting on his cream and I think what the heck is that on your back!! He turns and he has 6 large circular bruises on his back, 2 were horrible, the others were not just as bad, but holy crap on a cracker where the heck did he get them.

Simple answer, the race car simulator yesterday. He did say it was very uncomfortable sitting in it but, these were like 6 circles, 3 down each side from his shoulder down to about just above his waist!! Good thing though, they didn`t hurt him, but they looked so bad!

Today was IOA so we always walk when we go there and it is so beautiful again this morning. The walkway is never usually busy and there are a few folks way in the distance as we near the security check, by the time we get there, we manage to walk straight through with no waiting which is usual, if it`s busy you don`t generally wait too long.

We head to the left and go through the AP entrance and we`re glad of it as there are some large lines this morning, I was also surprised when I glanced over to the Guest Services area and holy moly, the line was mahoosive!!! We were glad we were not having to deal with that!

First stop this morning was The Hulk and it wasn`t overly busy despite the lines coming in although the entrance to the ride always seems congested and folks crowd around the test seats which is maybe a little off putting for folks wanting to try them out, they are right at the entrance so you can`t miss them, but they do get used as seats for folks hanging around at times.

i-MH9SMSG-X2.jpg

The lockers are something we always see folks complain/comment that they are an issue at times. But, the few occasions we need them, they have never taken more than a few seconds to deal with. Gringotts lockers can certainly be congested especially the front ones when folks forget they can go further back and they don`t have to be so crushed.

They are really easy to use and are free when you are on the ride, we`ve never used the pay option but there are plenty of lockers and we only have the camera, hats, my cross body bag and Tom`s waist pack, they all fit in the lockers easy.

i-sn8BCfT-X2.jpg

i-sgQ82w4-X2.jpg

The Hulk is not my favourite ride, however, that launch and first half of the ride are excellent and the last part for me, is just too rough and knocks my head about too much, the front row is slightly better, but the back row is also very good for airtime although it`s been years since we`ve been on the back.

The line gets a lot of flack for mixing EP and non EP riders, but it`s usually fine for us and today it`s getting busier by the minute bit not overly so.

I go on once and they want to go on another few times, so I head out and retrieve the items from the locker and go try and snap a picture of them on the ride. The first ride I missed as they were on so fast, but I did manage their second or third ride on their own, they got the front row on all their rides this morning.

i-Fr3DqCs-X2.jpg

After about 15 minutes I wandered down to the where Storm Force Accelatron is as Kyle had said he`d do this one today to knock it off his list of doing every ride, I think I had said we have never ridden this one in all our visits. For me it`s too spinny, but I did wonder if they had gone on at some point way back in the early trips, but both couldn`t remember ever going on it.

They came off the Hulk beaming as they had really enjoyed it and I was glad Kyle`s bruises hadn`t given him any problems, I think they looked painful but they really weren`t.

i-pjnpB74-X2.jpg

I had a pass for this one as I just can`t cope with anything spinny anymore, I was never very good when I was younger either with things like roundabouts, so I would happily miss this one out, I would however take pictures of them on it.

i-4kLKzTM-X2.jpg

i-FbSWZD8-X2.jpg

I`m not sure what Kyle is actually thinking here as he glances in my direction......maybe I was being too much of a "mum" with the pictures, but it was a look for sure.....so cute though!!!

i-WjZRjwm-X2.jpg

Heck this one spins and goes faster than I realised!! They were loving it as they both spun and laughed their way round!

i-7C8bJsG-X2.jpg

I think we were all surprised how much fun that was for them.....I was getting dizzy just watching them, things that spin are not for me.

An old favourite time again.......

i-RbLFvZH-X2.jpg

Dr Doom gets a lot of criticism for being short and dull, but we love it!!! Not much to it as it is a short ride, no denying that, but so much fun and today we had the guys who do the fake countdown before it goes up which is nothing much, but we love it, and before you know it, you`re being shot up in the air and the views are so good, swift, but good. This is one ride Tom hates and loves at the same time and again but wouldn`t miss it, I watch as they go on again and again and it was getting busier now so there were maybe 8 folks in front of them for one ride. Not bad at all.

i-fLq3dVz-X2.jpg

i-xchLxWw-X2.jpg

Once they had their fill of Doom for today we headed to do Spider-Man and we were surprised to see the regular line was really, really long......when we wandered through the Express line we were stopped just after the filing cabinets lined up, this was the furthest back we had ever been stopped for the longest time with Express. But, it was moving quickly and we got on the ride in around 5 minutes.

This is ride you cannot miss!!

As the line was long, we only did it once and headed back the way to do the first show today of Poseidon`s Adventure....... ::yes::

We saw this show in 2007 and hated it.....really, really hated it......but looking back to all those years ago on our first visit, we hadn`t yet found the joys of Royal Pacific and EP. We were staying in a Downtown Disney hotel, Buena Vista Palace and looking back I think it had been a long day, it was blazing hot and we wandered in ready to sit down for a cool show out of the heat, emphasis on sitting down!

So, you can imagine our severe disappointment and having to wait around 25 minutes before we even got in to the first part with yes, more standing.....then even more standing, followed by more standing and then even more. I don`t think we even took much notice of the show we were so whooped.

I believe our memory of the show was distorted by the stronger memories of being too hot, too tired and knowing me, probably hungry too certainly may have affected our opinions.

Our lovely @keishashadow has for many years said we should give it another go as it is very tongue in cheek and full of dry humour, and we didn`t listen.

But, since we heard it was closing and they finally announced the date, we knew it had to be done, although Kyle had already told us we would be doing it, but strangely we were now looking forward to it.

The exterior has always been one of the most stunningly beautiful buildings in the park and it is huge!!! The replacement for this is going to be something else with all the space they have.

i-zmMVsLQ-X2.jpg

i-nfGfBV2-X2.jpg

i-hs3vhC7-X2.jpg

I did wonder why they gave the exterior a revamp last year when they knew it was going to close, but of course the exterior could fit for many a replacement which is more or less going to be Zelda, something I know absolutely nothing about. But the building is very pristine and colours are sharp and vivid.

i-nVC4xsD-X2.jpg

i-Fmt6bcw-X2.jpg

i-rdWP5dw-X2.jpg

When we walked in to the interior I was amazed to see the regular line was almost back to the entrance, again, super happy to have EP as we walked past scores of people.

I had no memory of this part of the building at all, and didn`t remember anything to be honest till we got into the first room.

i-4vdxdnN-X2.jpg

This was where we had a vague memory of the last time we were here, but there were some bells ringing and as we walked through to the other room, incredibly...I had no memory whatsoever of this show.

But, it was endearing and the humour was almost dad like humour but we did like it so far.

i-mwgmXSR-X2.jpg

i-87S5JPW-X2.jpg

Of course everyone remembers and talks about the water vortex and that was probably the only thing we all clearly remembered and it was impressive.

i-Vr8XTTB-X2.jpg

We held back towards the end of the group and let everyone go in front of us so we could hopefully get a picture with no-one in it.

Visually it is incredible and I`d forgotten how loud it was, but it is something to see, and hear.

i-xnPG9Hr-X2.jpg

And he managed it.....he is patient at times!

i-bMwgnVW-X2.jpg

This last room was good, there was a lot going on and again.....no memory of it. I think I was getting mixed up with what was the Sindbad Show from several years ago, but it was fun.

i-Qt8Cnnh-X2.jpg

i-3S5vqth-X2.jpg

i-kbtRbRg-X2.jpg

i-Cz4dFBc-X2.jpg

i-7d49F9r-X2.jpg

Ms @keishashadow ........I should have listened to your wise and sensible words.......

i-78tSQRt-S.gif

We loved it!!!! And of course we regretted not setting foot back in it all these years....and now, it was too late!! It was funny, camp, interesting and filled with a lot of fun!

I don`t mind admitting when I`m wrong......now and again......lol......

i-7h5bCCD-S.gif

😉

More to come........

1) Finally caught up-work has been crazy!

2) Did not realize the Andretti experience had bowling (my dad always wants to go kart but I would rather just be in an open area to drive as fast as i want lololol! Although he is still shocked I want to do Top Golf :rotfl2: )

3)I have heard mixed about Amistista's but that breakfast looked delicious!

4)Tostones are always a win

5) that dessert OMFG a coquito cheesecake :love:

We used to love racing many moons ago, but Karting is not a bad second choice. Now golf has never interested me on any level......well, maybe apart from mini golf now and again.

Amatista is amazing for any meal, in all our visits we`ve never had a disappointing meal there and service has always been exceptional, I think you`ll like it.

Tostones wouldn`t be my first choice as they are incredibly dense, but yes, they are lovely with certain dishes and I`m sorry that cheesecake is off the menu now too, it was my favourite dessert.

Good to see you, life does get busy at times.

Hahaha I’m glad u enjoyed it, better late than never!

Have tried to send an email your way, keeps ‘failing’? When u have a chance send me one so I can try to tag into it please

Hahaha I’m glad u enjoyed it, better late than never!

Have tried to send an email your way, keeps ‘failing’? When u have a chance send me one so I can try to tag into it please

lol.....yes, we just made it before they closed it down.

I just replied to the one you sent.

Yes, our internet supplier was dodgy all over the UK last few days, some since Friday, we were lucky it was only our email that was disturbed, we had internet, but very frustrating.

Should be good now Janet :thumbsup2

We used to love racing many moons ago, but Karting is not a bad second choice. Now golf has never interested me on any level......well, maybe apart from mini golf now and again.

Amatista is amazing for any meal, in all our visits we`ve never had a disappointing meal there and service has always been exceptional, I think you`ll like it.

Tostones wouldn`t be my first choice as they are incredibly dense, but yes, they are lovely with certain dishes and I`m sorry that cheesecake is off the menu now too, it was my favourite dessert.

Good to see you, life does get busy at times.
Mini golf is always a major yes lol! I think I just want to attempt actually golfing and that’s why top gold would be good for me-that way I know if I should stick to mini😂

The worst part about any theme park is menu changes and additions and deletions. 😭😭 and while I love tostones if you gave me plantain chips or good old sweetened plantains (some would argue it’s the small as tostones and coming from a town with a high Latinx population it is not) I’m good!

Yes life is crazy! Was good to be back on the boards the last couple of days!

Now it was time for some Velocicoaster......

I skipped this today, for no particular reason, and I wanted to grab some pictures of them on the ride if I could, and I knew the best vantage point for getting a close up. Yes, you have the ride picture, but I do like our own too.

They left me with all their stuff and I told them to go on as often as they wanted, I would be fine here till they came back and I really was quite happy to stand and watch the world go past me as I waited to catch them on the ride.

i-CDcQ6NV-X2.jpg

i-qjJZgdj-X2.jpg

i-RNZRxH7-X2.jpg

i-vm37g9x-X2.jpg

Well, I`m not sure the whole world did go past me, I`d never seen this so quiet since we did the Orlando Informer event in 2021, the place was deserted that night and it didn`t feel so different today.

The odd person came past, but I was guessing everyone was coming in through the JP side as they certainly weren`t wandering in over the bridge.

I watched carefully every ride vehicle that came past me, but I heard Tom before I saw them......as they came down the giant and unmissable Top Hat section I heard him yell....come on....lol........and managed to capture them on both rails here as they flew past me both times.

i-4nKBHhj-X2.jpg

i-sRzjLz2-X2.jpg

Seeing them enjoying this one is fabulous, we had waited so long for Kyle to enjoy it and he really loved it thank goodness!

Although I did wonder where the faraway guy on Row 3 thinks he`s going.....he does look as if he`s trying to climb into the row in front!

I think they went on 3 or 4 times times and eventually decided to come off as they knew we were heading offsite for lunch but I think they could have gone round another 10 times easily.

i-Z9GJthk-X2.jpg

There is only one castle as far as we`re concerned that`s amazing......and this one is impressive. I always said I wished they had put in a Suite you could not purchase, but be chosen to stay in, similar to the Castle in Magic Kingdom, but themed as Hogwarts common room and bedroom, maybe a little more luxurious than the dorms they sleep in, but that would be truly amazing.

i-tZ6hpG4-X2.jpg

FJ, excellent as always, usually a one and done for me, but not one you want to miss as it is a wonderful ride and probably one of the best themed lines anywhere, it`s certainly our favourite.

You can just wander through of course and not ride, some call it the Castle tour, but it`s really just walking through and seeing what everyone else sees, you just tell them you`re not riding.

When we stop to take pictures we always tell everyone to go around us, we don`t want to hold anyone up as we meander our way through.

Hogsmeade is always impressive and we love wandering around and just taking in all the details, and there are so many details in everything Potter.

i-HXFFkp2-X2.jpg

i-bL462PX-X2.jpg

We headed out towards the entrance and planned to stop at The Talking Fountain as he is hilarious at times, but he was "sleeping" so we never got the chance today.

It was also annoying to see they had closed the gates off behind the fountain, we used to wander through there and get some beautiful pictures and a little tranquility as there were very few folks ever went up there, but I hope it opens back up again as it is lovely.

And it was a stunningly beautiful day again.

i-VQHtZHg-X2.jpg

One ride we wanted to get out of the way was Cat in the Hat. It`s not a bad ride in any way and it is quite fun, but it`s just weird. Very weird.

For folks that hadn`t been brought up with Dr Seuss, it is quite illuminating to learn his works through books and movies, and although we did love The Grinch, the one with Jim Carrey, the rest of his works never really caught on much with us.

I often thought if they had ET in IOA straight after this one your brain would really start to wonder what planet you were on as they are both extremely mind melting in parts, certainly the second half of ET is something to behold.

We walked straight on, although we did have to wait for a family to come off after they got on. Their toddler who was maybe 3 was screaming blue murder and didn`t want to go on at all. The TM asked her although the now irate mum was insisting she would be fine, she was genuinely screaming not just the wah wah for show......the TM eventually told the woman she couldn`t let her go as the child was so upset.....the mother was furious and dragged the poor child off with dad trailing behind, the TM tried to explain they could do the child swap so they could ride, but I think the woman had a definite rage in her as she wasn`t hearing anything and stormed off. Poor kid.

So, we got on in their place and dutifully set off for the oddest ride in the park.

i-Fp8L24x-X2.jpg

i-MZFGhWv-X2.jpg

i-JXQxBfk-X2.jpg

We do like this ride, I`m being slightly unfair, but if we never rode it again, it wouldn`t bother us.

They were keeping the Caro-seuss-el and the Trolley Train for another day.

We popped very quickly in to the Christmas store on the way out of POE, always a favourite and today the aroma had a very strong cinnamon scent. It is lovely and certainly awakens Christmas memories as you wander around.

i-5png54B-X2.jpg

i-Wpwk5CX-X2.jpg

i-GpZ3874-X2.jpg

You are spoiled for choice in here with all kinds of merchandise from The Grinch to Minions to traditional baubles and other types of decorations and of course Potter, their selection is very good. Our main tree is like a homage to Universal Orlando as it is adorned with so many items from here and then surrounded by white, purple and silver with the odd splash of red, definitely one tree we love decorating every year as it is a little like a memory tree from all our visits over the years including ones Kyle has bought us from here too as a surprise.

Now we headed back home to get showered and changed before we headed to Mall at Millenia or Muzzle Mania as it was now known!

Mini golf is always a major yes lol! I think I just want to attempt actually golfing and that’s why top gold would be good for me-that way I know if I should stick to mini😂

The worst part about any theme park is menu changes and additions and deletions. 😭😭 and while I love tostones if you gave me plantain chips or good old sweetened plantains (some would argue it’s the small as tostones and coming from a town with a high Latinx population it is not) I’m good!

Yes life is crazy! Was good to be back on the boards the last couple of days!

I tried real golf once as a lot of my friends play for real and they are very good, but I was so bored and I wasn`t very good at it, meaning I was rubbish!! Almost damaged a man for life, but that`s another story......lol.....I`ll stick to the bar in the 19th hole I think! But, Top Golf is very good, we know folks who go regularly and always enjoy it and I wouldn`t say they are the biggest fans of real golf.

I`ve never tried sweet plantains, it`s not something we see a lot of over here generally.

It`s nice to be able to chill after a busy time, we`ve been enjoying some gorgeous weather over here recently so chilling has become an art form!! But, good to see you and hope you enjoy some down time for a while.

Carole, I got a lot of chuckles from your last posts. :D I confess that we never went into the Poseidon Adventure walk through. I don't even know why??? But it looks like fun to me; maybe a one and done.
While I'm confessing, we didn't ride ET:confused3. I don't think we found it for some reason. There is so much to see and do and can't wait to get back there, but will experience it through your pictures and TR:)
BTW: I sent you another without pics today!

Great update and morning at IOA! I agree with you on the Gringott's lockers...those are awful! Most other ones are ok to deal with, but I will say what they did at Velocicoaster is hopefully what they will do from here on out. There is a learning curve to that system, but it worked so well when we were there!

Glad you got to see Poseidon's before it's gone. I went on it back in February and am glad I did. I was like you, the first time several years ago I wasn't sure what was going on, but this time I actually enjoyed the special effects.

Can't wait to read some more!

Carole, I got a lot of chuckles from your last posts. :D I confess that we never went into the Poseidon Adventure walk through. I don't even know why??? But it looks like fun to me; maybe a one and done.
While I'm confessing, we didn't ride ET:confused3. I don't think we found it for some reason. There is so much to see and do and can't wait to get back there, but will experience it through your pictures and TR:)
BTW: I sent you another without pics today!

Glad to hear it!

I think you’d probably have enjoyed it as a show, I can say that now after loathing it for years……..lol…….I’m sorry its gone now, but what’s going in there I’m sure will thrill many folks.

ET is kinda hidden away in an area that’s now being revamped, but it’s still there. I did read many folks mentioning they didn’t go into that area due to it being kiddie rides, but you have to go on it when you go back, you’ll love ET…..it’s cute.

Glad you’re enjoying it Ruth and yes, I did get the email…..think the email issues seem to be ok now! :)

Great update and morning at IOA! I agree with you on the Gringott's lockers...those are awful! Most other ones are ok to deal with, but I will say what they did at Velocicoaster is hopefully what they will do from here on out. There is a learning curve to that system, but it worked so well when we were there!

Glad you got to see Poseidon's before it's gone. I went on it back in February and am glad I did. I was like you, the first time several years ago I wasn't sure what was going on, but this time I actually enjoyed the special effects.

Can't wait to read some more!

I do hope the Velocicoaster lockers are followed for every ride in the future, it is a much better system than the regular lockers. I blame people though for crowded lockers…….lol……

I wish we’d done Poseidon more often now, yes, we did appreciate it a lot more and we loved the effects, even the dodgier ones…..lol……yes, now I’ll miss it!

Glad you’re enjoying it!

Awesome pictures of the boys on the Velocicoaster!! Love it!!

I think the guy in row 3 is leaning forward to puke! 🤮🤣🤣

Oh God I never even thought about that! Now that’s all I can see……:rotfl:

I was rather pleased with capturing then in such a good way as my pictures are sometimes a little “less than perfect“ I really should wear my glasses when I offer to take pictures 🥴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter