guest assistance card?

nickiclour

Earning My Ears
To get an assistance card I have to go to???????? is this inside the parks? or can I get it BEFORE the park opens? I hate to have to waste time standing in line to get this card.Much easier if I could get one while waiting for the park to open.

One more question about the assistance card.....what do I want my daughters card to say? She will be in a w/c but can transfer out of it.She gets very overheated & can not be in the sun for too long but since we are going in Nov./Dec. I don't think that will be a major problem. Should I mention it just in case?

Thanks for the help! I am sorry for all the questions.I have so many, but I want to be sure I have covered everything:-)

Click on the link in my signature, dear. Look for the GAC information page. :)

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

You don't need a GAP if you have a wheelchair. However, my oldest DD who is also in a wheelchair overheats also. Guest Relations is just outside the gates at the MK so that is where I got her GAP. I told the CM that even though she doesn't need the pass because she uses a wheelchair she can't wait in the sun for long periods of time so her pass said use alternate enterances. We also went in Nov/Dec so it really wasn't an issue for us this year because it was so so cold.

Fastpass will help you too because you can do your waiting somewhere else than in the line.
Guest Relations will most likely want to see your child before issuing you a pass, so plan on both of you going to Guest Relations.
If you have more questions, ask away.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Thanks so much for your help.(The link helped me understand it better) I will definitely be getting a GAC for the sun exposure issues.I know you said guest relations is outside the gates of MK, but are G.R. open BEFORE the park?

Nicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter