Guest Services in terminal or on ship (moving people to different rooms)

MiddKid

Mouseketeer
Party of 11, three staterooms. Of the 11, need to move three of the people to different staterooms (moved people around for castaway status). I've seen people reference needing to talk to Guest Services. Can I do that in the terminal at check-in or is that something I need to do on the ship once I board?

Thanks!

Party of 11, three staterooms. Of the 11, need to move three of the people to different staterooms (moved people around for castaway status). I've seen people reference needing to talk to Guest Services. Can I do that in the terminal at check-in or is that something I need to do on the ship once I board?

Thanks!
Depends on how official you want the move to be.

First cruise, we went to Guest Services right at check in and had people officially moved and new cards issued.

Most recent cruise, we just went to Guest Services on-board and had them give us blank cards. We didn't want to officially move anyone because of free Palo/photo package arrangements.

You could also do an official move once you're on-board, too.

Obligatory note because that's this board: If you're rooms are across Assembly stations and you aren't officially moved, you need to go to your assigned station.

Depends on how official you want the move to be.

First cruise, we went to Guest Services right at check in and had people officially moved and new cards issued.

Most recent cruise, we just went to Guest Services on-board and had them give us blank cards. We didn't want to officially move anyone because of free Palo/photo package arrangements.

You could also do an official move once you're on-board, too.

Obligatory note because that's this board: If you're rooms are across Assembly stations and you aren't officially moved, you need to go to your assigned station.
That helps, thanks. I think we'll try to just officially do it in the terminal. We don't have any incentives to keep them the way they are as we have two golds and two silvers...so no Palo or photo benefits for us.

That helps, thanks. I think we'll try to just officially do it in the terminal. We don't have any incentives to keep them the way they are as we have two golds and two silvers...so no Palo or photo benefits for us.
When is your cruise? I'll be interested to hear about your experience as we need to do the same. DH and I booked a cruise using placeholders for his parents to go with us. So, we currently have his mom with me and his dad with him. We'll want to switch when we actually sail.

When is your cruise? I'll be interested to hear about your experience as we need to do the same. DH and I booked a cruise using placeholders for his parents to go with us. So, we currently have his mom with me and his dad with him. We'll want to switch when we actually sail.
July 1-8. I’ll report back!

We had the same situation and we didn't want to officially change people in rooms as we thought it would then take away the Palo perk so we just got blank keys to each of the rooms and each couple slept in their own rooms.

MJ

We had the same situation and we didn't want to officially change people in rooms as we thought it would then take away the Palo perk so we just got blank keys to each of the rooms and each couple slept in their own rooms.

MJ
That makes sense, the only reason we have it that way was to apply our placeholder discount on each room.

That makes sense, the only reason we have it that way was to apply our placeholder discount on each room.
Yes, if it was just for the placeholder/initial booking, life is easier to officially switch.

I didn't forget my blank card too many times (but thankfully when I did, the room attendant was around or I had my son's card too). Going through the in-laws' room was an option too, but I didn't want to do that unless there was no other option.

As a fellow cruiser, please don’t try it at the check-in desk. There should be a Supervisor’s desk after you are checked in. Or Guest Services.

As a fellow cruiser, please don’t try it at the check-in desk. There should be a Supervisor’s desk after you are checked in. Or Guest Services.
I can’t imagine that moving 3 people would inconvenience my fellow cruisers too much but I’ll make sure to evaluate in the moment.

Piggybacking on this question.

I booked my daugher and her family in one room and myself in another, we have different assembly stations. If i book one of the grandkids with me, to save having to pay the double occupancy, can I move them back to the parents room at the port?

Key cards are no longer given during check-in. They are waiting at your room. If you need new or additional keys, you will probably need to visit Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter