Guest Test of Magic Bands (Official Notice)

Has getting an invitation to be a tester been tied to whether or not you've attached park tickets to an existing (DVC) reservation? My trip is in mid/late October. I haven't purchased my park ticket yet, but 60 days is coming up in a few weeks. I don't want to miss out on the chance to be a tester because I haven't yet purchased my tickets. But I'd rather wait until October to buy for cash-flow purposes (2013/14 preschool check has to be written soon).

Thanks!

A couple questions that I hope somebody can answer:

1. Is there any central place/thread that has a list of scheduled tests?

2. Has getting an invitation to be a tester been tied to whether or not you've attached park tickets to an existing (DVC) reservation? My trip is in mid/late October. I haven't purchased my park ticket yet, but 60 days is coming up in a few weeks. I don't want to miss out on the chance to be a tester because I haven't yet purchased my tickets. But I'd rather wait until October to buy for cash-flow purposes (2013/14 preschool check has to be written soon).

Thanks!

The ONLY scheduled test right now is for check-ins from August 2-25 at Pop Century, AKL, YC, and the Contemporary. That is all we know of right now. Of course there are rumors of other tests/complete roll-out after August, but these are just rumors.

I was scheduled to stay at Pop with an AP room only reservation (technically APs weren't tied to my account), and I was still selected.

A couple questions that I hope somebody can answer:

1. Is there any central place/thread that has a list of scheduled tests?

2. Has getting an invitation to be a tester been tied to whether or not you've attached park tickets to an existing (DVC) reservation? My trip is in mid/late October. I haven't purchased my park ticket yet, but 60 days is coming up in a few weeks. I don't want to miss out on the chance to be a tester because I haven't yet purchased my tickets. But I'd rather wait until October to buy for cash-flow purposes (2013/14 preschool check has to be written soon).

Thanks!

1) There is no known test I am aware of past this month - but things are also pretty vague. This test seems more like a controlled rollout more than a test.

2) DVC has been left out of most tests so far, because they have a separate reservations system. There was just this past week the first DVC test, with select guests at BLT. DVC is not part of the August test.

However, making Fastpass+ selections, even as part of the test, does seem to require having park tickets registered with your profile, and is limited to the number of days on the tickets.

The ONLY scheduled test right now is for check-ins from August 2-25 at Pop Century, AKL, YC, and the Contemporary. That is all we know of right now. Of course there are rumors of other tests/complete roll-out after August, but these are just rumors.

I was scheduled to stay at Pop with an AP room only reservation (technically APs weren't tied to my account), and I was still selected.
Thanks.

You might notice that I edited my post while you were responding. I found a thread that had the tests listed, but now I've lost it.:badpc: if anybody can point me back there, please do so.

1) There is no known test I am aware of past this month - but things are also pretty vague. This test seems more like a controlled rollout more than a test.

2) DVC has been left out of most tests so far, because they have a separate reservations system. There was just this past week the first DVC test, with select guests at BLT. DVC is not part of the August test.

However, making Fastpass+ selections, even as part of the test, does seem to require having park tickets registered with your profile, and is limited to the number of days on the tickets.
Thanks.

Hi,

We are staying at CR right now and are testing the Magic Bands. As I have teenagers who are not interested in RD, we thought it would be a good way to get all the big rides later in the day.

We have had no problems so far...knock on wood. Our bands were shipped to us. Upon check-in we rec'd KTTW cards as back-ups in case the bands did not work.

Yesterday we used them to get into MK, no problems. We had pre-booked our fast passes (we had 4 for MK) one hour apart. We also booked them in a path...so not running across the parks. We found we had a bit of wait at some points, so it would be nice if you could overlap times by say 15-20 minutes. Pretty smooth otherwise, we scanned our bands at the FP entrances and only had one not accept DD once. Only one CM called us by name as we entered but I don't really care if anyone calls me by name. Kinda of freaks me out ... I think I should know them from somewhere!

We have not seen tons of people with the bands.

We did not try to use the old FP system as we went stand by later in the evening when it was not really busy. May try another day, but so far we have all the big rides booked on FP at each park, so may not need to have another FP unless they want to ride something again.

Off to AK today.

:cool1:I just got an email today asking our family to take part in testing the new magic bands of course we said yes!!! Can't to see how it goes! :cheer2:

I'm at AKL. Arrived yesterday via ME. My band worked at ME! Worked fine at room door. Today is my first park day with my band. This may be interesting. But so far I am so smitten, I had to bling out my band. LOL!

I'm at AKL. Arrived yesterday via ME. My band worked at ME! Worked fine at room door. Today is my first park day with my band. This may be interesting. But so far I am so smitten, I had to bling out my band. LOL!

:) enjoy! Looking forward to more reports.

We just returned from a week at WDW, staying at CR, and part of the MagicBands testing group. We had some problems in the first two days, but we eventually figured out (with the help of several trips to Guest Services), that the problems all stemmed from an error in the way Disney booked our trip. Our names were misassigned within the reservation, thereby messing up the MagicBands assigned to each of us (DH's assigned to me, DD's assigned to DH, and one not assigned at all). However, CMs everywhere were incredibly accommodating, and we got into the parks easily and onto the FP+ rides easily. We were offered several non-inventory FP+s along the way for our troubles, and on the third day, when we finally figured out the problem completely, our concierge gave us each 3 non-inventory FP+s to use on ony ride, in any park, for each remaining day of our stay (5 more days). These were just added to our bands, so super easy to use. Also, they gave us VIP seating (a FP+) for the Electrical Parade. We never waited more than 5 mins for a ride or show that we had a FP+ for. We didn't see many bands at all throughout the parks, though obviously we saw more around CR. The first two days of glitches aside, the bands were a dream. So comfortable (even in the pool), easy to get into your room, use dining credits, charge to the room, etc. I really loved the experience!

Where was your FP+ viewing area for the electrical parade?

Where was your FP+ viewing area for the electrical parade?

VIP seating on Liberty Bridge, in a roped-off section with benches. There were about 20 people total. It was amazing!

Sorry if this is a repeat questions....there is just so many pages and entries regarding FP+ it is almost impossible to read all of them....

Are they 3 FP+ allotments include the parade and fireworks? Or are the parade and fireworks FP+ in addition to the 3 allowed for rides?

Thanks!

Just thought I'd copy this info over from the Port Orleans Riverside thread for those interested:

I was asked to hold back on posting this until today, but Magic Bands will be issued to all Port Orleans Riverside guests for stays commencing 3rd September onward.

Emails and letters will start going out today to inform guests arriving in 18 days that they can pre-book their FastPass+ times (up to 60 days out in fact) and customise their Magic Bands (colour and name) via the My Disney Experience site. It may not be possible for Disney to contact all guests (e.g. those who have booked via some travel agents) but the new system will still apply to everyone regardless.

Continental USA guests should be able to get their Magic Bands mailed out in advance, others will need to pick them up at the Front Desk when they check in. Key cards will still be issued as a backup for the foreseeable future.

While this is still officially classified as a "test", the general expectation is that unless there are major problems this will most likely remain permanent from now on.

French Quarter will follow within the next few months.

Andre

Sorry if this is a repeat questions....there is just so many pages and entries regarding FP+ it is almost impossible to read all of them....

Are they 3 FP+ allotments include the parade and fireworks? Or are the parade and fireworks FP+ in addition to the 3 allowed for rides?

Thanks!

I'd like to know this as well. Also I keep hearing that there are fast passes to meet characters too now (didn't have this when I went in 2010). Are these part of the 3 as well??

VIP seating on Liberty Bridge, in a roped-off section with benches. There were about 20 people total. It was amazing!

That's what those seats were for - looked a wonderful place to watch from when I walked past, more like a VIP private party.

Andre

Just an FYI, saw VERY little of MagicBands today at AK. Only saw two families with them, and one was at Everest apparently having an issue (but don't know if this was due to Everest being down for the first hour or so)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter