• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guests on Multiple Reservations Question

MeridaMonkey

Mouseketeer
I'm in the beginning stages of planning a rather large trip for my family (9 people, multi-generational group) and have a question I haven't found the answer to yet. Villa is already booked (CCV Grand Villa for 6 days, so excited!!) but two of our party will be staying at a separate resort (SOG, they like their own space). Can I still include them on the CCV reservation, just to make booking dining and Genie+ stuff easier? Or will the Disney system reject the same person on multiple reservations?

SOG is a Disney hotel, so this is a bad idea. Disney IT does not like this at all.

Dining doesn't care. Just leave the guests blank.

G+ doesn't care what hotel they are in, the system will populate their tickets and privileges, like the EMH. You need to friend their MDE, which needs to have their tickets and their SOG reservation.

That's what I was thinking, thank you for confirming!!! I'll get their reservation number and plug it into their MDEs (I manage all that stuff anyway) and see if that helps me see them (I can't see my Father in Law right now and I want to be sure that's fixed before we go).

Thank you!!

Yes, this is potential problem, and we've experienced it. It can cause a mess with MDE, room keys, magic bands, etc. You having them link their reservation in their MDE and then becoming your Friends/Family will help you see them!

I'm in the beginning stages of planning a rather large trip for my family (9 people, multi-generational group) and have a question I haven't found the answer to yet. Villa is already booked (CCV Grand Villa for 6 days, so excited!!) but two of our party will be staying at a separate resort (SOG, they like their own space). Can I still include them on the CCV reservation, just to make booking dining and Genie+ stuff easier? Or will the Disney system reject the same person on multiple reservations?
You can make dining reservations, Genie+ stuff, and even park reservations for them without adding them to your CCV room. You just have to add them to your MDE account as family and friends who share all activities. :)

I have read that people have had problems with things like their MagicBands and charging to them when they are listed on more than one reservation. I would just keep them separate. :)

If you want them to simply have access to the GV, you could give them one of your old MBs (make sure it’s still Active in your MDE), and they’ll be able to open the door. If you want them to be guests in the CCV GV so they can “legally” swim there and get other Disney Resort privileges (SOG isn’t actually a Disney resort, so sometimes their privileges are a little different), that might involve adding them to your resort reservation under an alias with a separate profile in your F&F list (the alias profiles don’t have to have an MDE account of their own) and getting them room key cards to unlock the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter