Guide me to when and how to buy AP DVC and then link to MDE

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
I have been waiting for the DVC AP discount but looks like it might not happen before I go to DW. SO I am close to my 60 day mark and hope to get to use FP+.

How should I order my DVC AP so that I can link my AP to MDE. Do I ask for a voucher or do I ask for email? Do I call to order or go online?
Seems like last time I bought an annual pass I got nothing in advance and they said to go to Guest relations and just give them my name. I did not like this at all especially when it took a few minutes to find my purchase when I got there.

I ordered mine over the phone for pick up at Will Call. I have never had an issue doing it this way. I was given the number linked to this pass and used this to link it to MDE. Easy

I ordered mine over the phone for pick up at Will Call. I have never had an issue doing it this way. I was given the number linked to this pass and used this to link it to MDE. Easy

I ordered mine online through the link form the members' website. I also chose the will call option and have had no trouble linking the pass (using the will call number) to my MDE account. The FP+ selection process worked just fine with the will call number.

I ordered online because I wanted an email confirmation of the will call number. I wasn't sure MS would be able to send one or if I would get it if they did. Some have reported trouble getting emails from MS.

A couple years ago I was concerned when I did not get a email or confirmation number. I did call prior to arrival and was told they showed having it. Then it took a little while to find it when I got there. When I order will they give me the will call number over the phone or will I just have to hope for a email.

Newbie question here -- if I buy our APs for our February stay over the course of the next few months, they are not activated until the first park use, correct? We have MagicBands already from our stay last week and would like to connect APs to the bands, but I don't want to accidentally launch them and not be able to use them for our second trip next October.

I ordered mine online through the link form the members' website. I also chose the will call option and have had no trouble linking the pass (using the will call number) to my MDE account. The FP+ selection process worked just fine with the will call number.

I ordered online because I wanted an email confirmation of the will call number. I wasn't sure MS would be able to send one or if I would get it if they did. Some have reported trouble getting emails from MS.

:thumbsup2 This is exactly how I order mine too! I like having a paper email confirmation that I can print. You can actually scan the barcode of this confirmation into your MDE account with you smart phone. I just typed in the confirmation number and it linked right to my husband's account.

We ordered online as well, through the member website. We did Will Call and received a confirmation email. When I was at WDW this month, I took the email to Guest Relations at Epcot and had no trouble getting our APs. Also had no trouble linking to my MDE account, using the Will Call confirmation email.

Newbie question here -- if I buy our APs for our February stay over the course of the next few months, they are not activated until the first park use, correct? We have MagicBands already from our stay last week and would like to connect APs to the bands, but I don't want to accidentally launch them and not be able to use them for our second trip next October.

Going through the turnstiles for the first time activates them. At that point they are indelibly linked to you and your fingerprint.

Going through the turnstiles for the first time activates them. At that point they are indelibly linked to you and your fingerprint.

I had this question today for the CM when I called MS to purchase my AP's. We got the official invite to try MB's and FP+ for our Nov stay and I wanted to get set up. But our 2014 dates are still liquid and I didn't want to take the chance of activating them too soon and not be able to use them on a possible 2014 trip.

The CM, after talking to a manager, told me there is no guarantee that they WON'T activate when you link them to MDE and suggested I hold off purchasing them to allow myself the wiggle time in case they activate immediately.

We ordered online as well, through the member website. We did Will Call and received a confirmation email. When I was at WDW this month, I took the email to Guest Relations at Epcot and had no trouble getting our APs. Also had no trouble linking to my MDE account, using the Will Call confirmation email.

Did you buy more than one AP and attempt to use the same Will Call number for both? The CM I spoke to today suggested I buy my 2 AP's separately to avoid this.

I bought 4 ap's for my family yesterday. I can't link them to MDE. I called member services and they told me they couldn't be linked with my will call number. Now I am completely confused since several people were able to link the aps to MDE. Were you all also able to make fastpass+ reservations? Thanks!

I bought 4 ap's for my family yesterday. I can't link them to MDE. I called member services and they told me they couldn't be linked with my will call number. Now I am completely confused since several people were able to link the aps to MDE. Were you all also able to make fastpass+ reservations? Thanks!

I linked my Will Call number to my MDE and was able to get fastpass+ reservations. I think MS is wrong when they tell you it can't be done.

I was able to link our APs with no issue. And link MYW tickets for DS and girlfriend. But suddenly 2 days ago, both MYW tickets showed up linked to DS. Been on the phone with IT all weekend but no luck fixing.

I think MDE is particularly flaky this week. Bad install maybe. Things that were working are now broke. Tickets that were linked to one person are suddenly linked to someone else. Reservations are creating extra friends and family (and believe me, I don't need any extra family, esp ones who want to come with us to Disney!) Maybe the moon is full or something. If you have time you may want to sit it out for a few days and let things calm down. :badpc:

I can't link our PAP will call number either and I have been trying for months. We check in on Nov 30th and won't be able to make FP+ reservations until we get there and pick up our PAPs from Guest Relations.

I have been given three different explanations, none of which make sense to me as I know other people have linked their will call numbers without a problem.

1) Will call numbers can't be linked to MDE.

2)They can't be linked because there are 3 tickets on the one will call number and the system can't recognise this.

3)They can't be linked because DVC APs do not have ticket numbers associated with them until they are redeemed.

Needless to say I am not very happy with Disney right now!

This is what I did, without any problems at all.

That is not correct, many of us have linked our annual pass Will Call number to My Disney experience and then booked our Fastpass+

Does your will call # have 4 Letters then numbers?

The vouchers are the only thing I know has been giving them problems.

Some problems using MDE are on the side of the users, browser issues. I used Google chrome and found it works best and it has to be the most current edition.

Hmm... reading here has me a bit worried. Hope I'm thinking about this correctly. This whole MDE process is completely new to me.

I just bought APs, and they are being mailed to me. I was planning to try to link them to MDE once I received them in the mail. But if they will activate once linked, I won't be able to do that, because they'll expire before our stay next fall.

Has anyone had an issue linking APs received in the mail? Or does it seem I would be able to do this, and they wouldn't activate till our first visit to a park? I'd hate to have to wait till we actually got there to try to make a few fast pass selections. As it's my understanding you cannot make any till you have linked tickets to MDE.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

Hmm... reading here has me a bit worried. Hope I'm thinking about this correctly. This whole MDE process is completely new to me.

I just bought APs, and they are being mailed to me. I was planning to try to link them to MDE once I received them in the mail. But if they will activate once linked, I won't be able to do that, because they'll expire before our stay next fall.

Has anyone had an issue linking APs received in the mail? Or does it seem I would be able to do this, and they wouldn't activate till our first visit to a park? I'd hate to have to wait till we actually got there to try to make a few fast pass selections. As it's my understanding you cannot make any till you have linked tickets to MDE.

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

You don't get the actual pass in the mail, they send a voucher, if you elected not to do Will Call.

Either way you still have to take that voucher to a Park Guest Services or Downtown Disney Guest service and get it activated there.

It won't be active until you take it to Guest Services.

Vouchers have caused some problems in linking to MDE. Will call #s have been easy to set up for most everyone.

You don't get the actual pass in the mail, they send a voucher, if you elected not to do Will Call.

Either way you still have to take that voucher to a Park Guest Services or Downtown Disney Guest service and get it activated there.

It won't be active until you take it to Guest Services.

Vouchers have caused some problems in linking to MDE. Will call #s have been easy to set up for most everyone.

Okay, thank you for the info! I won't try to link them then I suppose, and just go without fast pass selections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter