Gunpowder Pete... the next David S. Pumpkins??

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
Ok so I've heard mixed reviews about the addition of Gunpowder Pete to POTC at MNSSHP. I can't help but relate it to the SNL David Pumpkins sketch. "...yes, but WHO ARE YOU?! ...is he from a local commercial?"

I suppose my real question is... is the addition of Gunpowder Pete worth waiting to ride POTC during the party, or should we schedule POTC as one of our pre-party fastpasses and pass on it during the party?

Oh, if you don't know what I'm talking about...

:rotfl2: I saw a YouTube video by Tim Tracker and didn’t see the point of it! I wouldn’t wait.

That's one of the ones I saw too, his and Lou's with Panda. It just seemed like it drew a lot of crowds, for a "what/who was that?" moment. :confused3

I suppose my real question is... is the addition of Gunpowder Pete worth waiting to ride POTC during the party, or should we schedule POTC as one of our pre-party fastpasses and pass on it during the party?

I didn't think it is something you must see... if you were going to ride anyway it's something. Maybe future parties will have more going on than the first.

I wasn't all that impressed with the characters added to the Pirates ride during the Halloween party.

Actor # 1 startled me, which was fun. Actor # 2 kept repeating himself over and over again but I pretty much tuned him out because I was focusing on getting in the boat. Actor # 3 yelled down at us and the people behind me yelled back, but it wasn't particularly fun.

If you do decide to do it, remember that you can get wet on that ride. I got wet. My tote bag got wet. My candy bag got wet. My shorts got wet because there was water on the seat.

I wasn't all that impressed with the characters added to the Pirates ride during the Halloween party.

Actor # 1 startled me, which was fun. Actor # 2 kept repeating himself over and over again but I pretty much tuned him out because I was focusing on getting in the boat. Actor # 3 yelled down at us and the people behind me yelled back, but it wasn't particularly fun.

If you do decide to do it, remember that you can get wet on that ride. I got wet. My tote bag got wet. My candy bag got wet. My shorts got wet because there was water on the seat.

That's a good point- the last few times we've been on it we got wet, too.

I had completely forgot about David S. Pumpkins!
Now I'm laughing out loud, alone in my living room, like a crazy person!
THANK YOU! (not ironic)

So I'm thinking that we'll bypass POTC during the party. I watched ResortTV1's stream last night... and that pretty much solidified it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter