Had a medicore Disneyland day What Happened!!!!

Panzer bob

Earning My Ears
So my job sent me to San Diego for a week, with one day off. Grabbed a pair of tickets for the wife, and we get an unscheduled day at Disneyland!!! Sat through my training all week, super excited. Got to Disney, started hitting rides. Had fun, but not the usual Disney outstandingly great time. Crowds weren't bad, lines were short, the magic just wasn't working. Ended up leaving a bit early, choosing sleep over more park time. Didn't even get the post Disney blues. Done if it was exhaustion, or just burnout.

So anyone else ever have a disney day that just did the work? Hoping the magic returns when I take the kids in November.

Never at Disneyland (yet), but I've had several disappointing days at Walt Disney World mostly due either to the weather (unbearable humidity or all day rain) or the crowds (ridiculously long waits.) Hey, it happens.

So my job sent me to San Diego for a week, with one day off. Grabbed a pair of tickets for the wife, and we get an unscheduled day at Disneyland!!! Sat through my training all week, super excited. Got to Disney, started hitting rides. Had fun, but not the usual Disney outstandingly great time. Crowds weren't bad, lines were short, the magic just wasn't working. Ended up leaving a bit early, choosing sleep over more park time. Didn't even get the post Disney blues. Done if it was exhaustion, or just burnout.

So anyone else ever have a disney day that just did the work? Hoping the magic returns when I take the kids in November.
Maybe you needed to have the kids with you?

I guess November will be the test. Sounds like you had a busy and exhausting week leading up to this visit, so hopefully that was the culprit

I had a short trip like that a few years ago. It was Disney World though. It was extremely hot, much more crowded than I expected and two nights of downpours (we were only there for 4). It was September and really disappointing. Ended up getting a good deal on airfare so we went back in November. It was much better.

Never at DLR. Our last at WDW was such a turnoff that we have no desire or plans to return.

Maybe you're suffering from a bit of burnout due to so many visits? We only visited every handful of years and yet WDW was quite stale last time.

September was the worst month weatherwise in which I ever visited WDW and I've been there every month except January.

Maybe it was you. You said you were tired. Were you otherwise in a bad mood? That can make a day anywhere less than magical.

Maybe it was you. You said you were tired. Were you otherwise in a bad mood? That can make a day anywhere less than magical.

Tired and in a bad mood? That describes a lot of families going to amusement parks. I thought the whole deal with Disney is that they manage to overcome people feeling tired and pick people up from bad moods.

Tired and in a bad mood? That describes a lot of families going to amusement parks. I thought the whole deal with Disney is that they manage to overcome people feeling tired and pick people up from bad moods.

OP himself said he didn't know if it was exhaustion or burnout. But when you go into a Disney park ALREADY feeling that way, you will likely not have the "best day ever." Disney doesn't actually sprinkle people with pixie dust, you know.

Welcome to the DIS!! :welcome:

Stick around....you'll have some great days 'round here!!! :sunny:

OP himself said he didn't know if it was exhaustion or burnout. But when you go into a Disney park ALREADY feeling that way, you will likely not have the "best day ever." Disney doesn't actually sprinkle people with pixie dust, you know.

Well - the commercial I saw showed the fairy wings kind of popping out a CM's back. You mean it's just a fantasy?

Never at Disneyland (yet), but I've had several disappointing days at Walt Disney World mostly due either to the weather (unbearable humidity or all day rain) or the crowds (ridiculously long waits.) Hey, it happens.
Same here. And of course Disney can't control the weather. But for a park that has been operating for close to 50 years, I could not believe how poorly some of the concession stands were built that they had to be closed when it rained.

Well - the commercial I saw showed the fairy wings kind of popping out a CM's back. You mean it's just a fantasy?

They don't make the Mickey clouds anymore either, just regular old clouds you could see anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter