• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Had to cancel our trip due to illness. How do I handle rescheduling?

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
So my jerk coworker got me sick with a nasty sinus infection and I had to cancel the trip we had planned over this past weekend. I've never had to do this before, so I'd like some info/advice here. I still have my tickets in the app, if there are no price increases by our rescheduled trip in November (lol, I know), can I just make new reservations to link my tickets to? If there are price increases, how do I handle this? Do I have to call Disney or what? I like to make reservations asap when they open up.

Any help is appreciated! I'm practically mentally unwell from having to cancel this trip. :-(

DLR tickets are good through a certain date, usually mid-January of the next year (or even two; I just upgraded tix we bought a couple of years ago and the new tix don’t expire until January 2025!). If you go this year, it shouldn’t matter if prices increase because you still have valid tix.

So my jerk coworker got me sick with a nasty sinus infection and I had to cancel the trip we had planned over this past weekend. I've never had to do this before, so I'd like some info/advice here. I still have my tickets in the app, if there are no price increases by our rescheduled trip in November (lol, I know), can I just make new reservations to link my tickets to? If there are price increases, how do I handle this? Do I have to call Disney or what? I like to make reservations asap when they open up.

Any help is appreciated! I'm practically mentally unwell from having to cancel this trip. :-(
Did you purchase single day tickets or a 2 day/3 day/4 day etc multi-day ticket? If you purchased a multi-day, you can use those tickets any time up until they expire regardless of whether or not the price changes. If the price of tickets goes up, you will not need to pay the difference.

Did you purchase single day tickets or a 2 day/3 day/4 day etc multi-day ticket? If you purchased a multi-day, you can use those tickets any time up until they expire regardless of whether or not the price changes. If the price of tickets goes up, you will not need to pay the difference.

Yes, I should have said multi-day tickets in my answer above.

Ugh, I feel your pain. I don't have anything to add from what has already been said but wanted to wish you pixie dust for your next trip. Bugs are caught so easily around the office.

They are two days, one park per day tickets.

I don't see an expiration date on my tix in-app, but maybe my printed ones at home state the expiry date (or my confirmation e mail)? So I can just go and make reservations when my window opens up this summer, then? I've only made reservations when buying my tickets since they started those.

I don't see an expiration date on my tix in-app, but maybe my printed ones at home state the expiry date (or my confirmation e mail)? So I can just go and make reservations when my window opens up this summer, then? I've only made reservations when buying my tickets since they started those.

Tickets that I bought last July had the following expiration information included in the confirmation e-mail so refer to the confirmation e-mail from your ticket purchase.

Multi-Day Ticket Expiration
Tickets expire 13 days after first use or on January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first. The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. Nonrefundable.

Tickets that I bought last July had the following expiration information included in the confirmation e-mail so refer to the confirmation e-mail from your ticket purchase.

Multi-Day Ticket Expiration
Tickets expire 13 days after first use or on January 12, 2024, whichever occurs first. The amount paid for an unused, expired ticket may be applied towards the purchase of a new ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. Nonrefundable.

Fantastic, this is exactly what mine say, too, and our rescheduled trip occurs beforehand, so we're good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter