Had to reschedule trip due to pneumonia and it’s WAY more in Feb

ChicagoJ

Mouseketeer
so I sadly had to reschedule our trip (we were supposed to leave this coming Saturday and stay until thanksgiving) bc I now have pneumonia. I was sad enough because I literally had orchestrated the best plans for ADRs and FP+. I couldn’t hafe planned a more perfect trip. I knew rescheduling to Feb (valentines week) would mean we won’t have the same success with ADRs since were under 180 days. But to top it off, it’s costing us $485 more!! How on earth can Valentines week cost more than Thanksgiving week by $485 for a 5 night stay at Poly?? We have the dining plan and 3 day tickets. Also, in order to do CRT, I’ll have to now add park hopper (or skip CRT) bc of ADRs bring all over the map (literally) now. I’m gutted. We had this trip paid for and worked so hard to pay it off. I haven’t even tried to move our airline tickets and I’m aftaid to do so-making that call tomorrow. All things equal (except suckier ADRs and schedule and it’ll be colder so may not even be able to use the poly pool) and it’s $485 more??

Increase in price if you had originally booked before priced changed.
New ticket set up.

this seems tough. Hopefully you're recovering quickly and I'm glad you didn't get sick while you were actually on vacation already... that would be more costly in terms of suffering and missing out on the fun you planned.

Your airline will likely need to charge a change fee (usually about $200 per ticket plus any fare difference if it's a U.S. legacy carrier). If you booked your vacation with a credit card that offers travel insurance, you may already be fully or partially covered since the reason is medical. I'd call your credit card company to confirm what travel insurance benefits they offer. Good luck and get better! By the time February rolls around, the whole price increase will be a distant memory and you're going to have a great time!

Looks like the answer was given to you, but it was the price increases. You were originally grandfathered in to your price, because you most likely booked before all the increases took place. Sorry you had to cancel, that has to be such a big bummer :( At least February will still not be insanely hot!

so I sadly had to reschedule our trip (we were supposed to leave this coming Saturday and stay until thanksgiving) bc I now have pneumonia. I was sad enough because I literally had orchestrated the best plans for ADRs and FP+. I couldn’t hafe planned a more perfect trip. I knew rescheduling to Feb (valentines week) would mean we won’t have the same success with ADRs since were under 180 days. But to top it off, it’s costing us $485 more!! How on earth can Valentines week cost more than Thanksgiving week by $485 for a 5 night stay at Poly?? We have the dining plan and 3 day tickets. Also, in order to do CRT, I’ll have to now add park hopper (or skip CRT) bc of ADRs bring all over the map (literally) now. I’m gutted. We had this trip paid for and worked so hard to pay it off. I haven’t even tried to move our airline tickets and I’m aftaid to do so-making that call tomorrow. All things equal (except suckier ADRs and schedule and it’ll be colder so may not even be able to use the poly pool) and it’s $485 more??

So sad that you had to move your Dec trip! and I hope that you feel better soon!

I feel your pain as I had a very similar situation. A family issue caused DH and me to have to change our second week of Dec trip (perfectly planned/set up with extra CL FP+, dining, everything the way I wanted it) to the Valentine's week in Feb, where I am still trying to get everything all over again. UGH! And, yes, it is much more expensive. AND no Christmas decorations and activities...:sad:

It's a good thing that I 'like' to plan Disney trips! LOL! :)

I hope that everything works out and you enjoy a perfect Valentine's day in WDW.

But hey....at least you still get to go right??!! ::yes:: And it sounds like you were able to afford the increase. Some Disers unfortunately would have to cancel a trip because that near $500 is just too far out of their budget. :guilty: I am so glad the pneumonia didn't hit you on your trip, can you just imagine? Rest, get better soon and try to look at the bright side...you're still going to Disney! pixiedust: And don't let the weather in February fool you! I've lived her for quite awhile and I can carely remember some 60 or 70 degree mid day weather during the month. More towards the end of Feb...but still. I'm up here in the Panhandle where it's colder, you'll be down in Central FL where it is much warmer to begin with! :beach:

I do suspect that most of the delta is ticket prices plus maybe a different resort promo. Maybe you can watch for better ones?

I do want to give you hope though on the ADRs - people change or cancel them all the time! I highly recommend the free service touring Plans offers to find dining reservations.
Also - you will be shocked to see what pops up regularly from now until the day before! Just remember to reset your search if you don’t get or don’t like the time.

Sorry you are ill and had to change your travel plans - that's a bummer!

Tickets are more now with the new ticket structure, but looks to be only about $20 more per person. So most of the increase must be the room rate -- maybe you were booked with a promo and now have rack rate? Or maybe you had a standard room and now are paying for a view? I'd keep checking for a discount.

Hope you are feeling better soon, and enjoy your vacation in February!

We've gone 2nd weekend in Feb and it's been chilly. But the pools are heated, so while you won't want to hang out by the pool after a dip at night, it's not to bad during the day. (but we're from PA, so our "warm enough to swim" may differ from yours)
The hours will be shorter, but there's not parties to plan around for MK and you'll be at Epcot for the Arts Festival which is kind of cool

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter