• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hagrid's Before Close - Estimated Wait Time

cdnSpinalTap

Mouseketeer
Hello,

For those of you who have gotten into the Hagrid's line just before close lately, how long have you been waiting in line?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

following.....do they shut it down before close or at close?
The line gets shut down right at park close. So as long as you are in the line before the park closes, you can ride the ride (assuming it does not go down).

Is the consensus that riding before close is better than EE, setting aside the risk of it going down at close?

Is the consensus that riding before close is better than EE, setting aside the risk of it going down at close?
I’d say it’s a coin toss.

While there is the risk of it going down at close, you run the risk of it being delayed at EPA, too, and then you’ve missed your chance to ride other things with a low wait.

EPA is great with two caveats: you’re at the entrance before the crowds arrive, and you walk fast. I’d say about 80% of rope-droppers head to Hagrid’s. Despite the announcements not to, people WILL run to get there, and it can be a mass of people jockeying for position. The wait climbs really fast, and it’s not worth it if you’re towards the back of the rope droppers.

When I was there last week I waited in a Hagrid’s line that was 100 minutes and ended up being 60. (And it would have been less but the ride went down in the middle of that). Then a 60 minute line that was 25 in reality. Then a 75 minute line that was 35 in reality.

You don’t need to wait till park close. The posted wait times are not accurate. When the ride is running the line is not slow,

Smh I hope you get a ride on it. I'm still salty it was down for at least 4 hours on my only day I could go.

I don’t mess with it during early entry anymore. It takes awhile for them to get it running in the mornings and a lot of times it doesn’t open when early entry begins. Then the line instantly builds up to 2 hours. The big positive to doing it early is that you avoid the chance of it closing for weather later in the day.

We usually do it about 2 pm. Seems like the waits drop a little in the afternoons (I just looked and it’s a 65 minute wait right now at 12:30 on a Saturday in August). Before close is a good strategy too.

It seems like half the time we try to do it at EE, it doesn’t open on time. And you’ve already spent quite awhile waiting in a line at the gate. Our usual strategy now is watch the app. There will be a lunchtime lull, when the wait time drops, we grab a Frozen Butterbeer, hop in line and wait it out. Which usually turns out to be 45-60 minutes.

We hopped in line 30 minutes before park closing in July. Posted wait was 60 minutes, we waited 50. It seems they don’t inflate the closing wait times to the same extent Disney does. You can expect fairly accurate posted wait times at night.

We got lucky and practically walked onto it one night right before closing. But all the other nights, they closed the line down a full hour before official park close when the wait was still over an hour. So YMMV, and if you really want to ride it with a short wait and you qualify for EE, I would plan to do that at least one morning of your trip instead.

We got lucky and practically walked onto it one night right before closing. But all the other nights, they closed the line down a full hour before official park close when the wait was still over an hour. So YMMV, and if you really want to ride it with a short wait and you qualify for EE, I would plan to do that at least one morning of your trip instead.
Is it common for the Hagrid’s line to close an hour before official park close?

We are going next month and love that coaster, but are hoping to sleep in and hit it after the EE lines go down and again before park close.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter