Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Will be curious to see how early in the morning you'll have to line up to get in the park -- to get a spot using the virtual queue :duck: .... I'm half serious and half joking.

I too did the whole 5:00am special a couple of mornings to check out Gringotts a month or so after it first opened .... that was both fun, and not so much fun.

5 am? My FOMO gene isn’t quite that strong. No thank you, but i guess it’s nice to have that sort of option. Even better to have a few trips planned later this year, hopefully when things may simmer down

After seeing the above pic of the fencing they are rolling out, have a feeling it’s going to be a hard pass for me during upcoming trip in a few weeks. Even with the VR access, it’s just not the vibe I want at U, especially when paying for onsite accommodations/FOTL. Nice to know there should be detailed reviews here posted by more intrepid souls that me lol

YIKES! :scared:
Hope they get that resolved and make sure there will be no accidents.

There wouldn't be accidents. They will just need to replace parts more often and a rougher ride. I was wondering how the unbalanced ride vehicles were going to hold up. Would not be surprised to see them change the cars to a more balanced setup in the not so distant future. Especially if they are having to keep replacing wheels and brakes at an abnormal rate.

The Virtual Line -- can one member of my family get a time for the 5 of us? Could I send my family to go ride Rip Ride Rocket, which I don't ride, while I go to IOA to try to get a time for the 5 of us?

Thank you, @atricks for including my tweet! ;)

Does anyone know how rough it is? I can do Everest, but not Thunder Mountain, or Seven Dwarfs, for reference (neck issues). Also no 0-60 launches (Hulk, Rock'n'Roller Coaster).

It is quite smooth. Click below for more details:

There are 7 launches, but I don't know how fast the launches are. They feel kind of like Hulk's launch, maybe not so much as RnR? If you have neck issues, I would be hesitant - so I would definitely read more reviews once it opens to guests and consider watching a POV?

Last edited:

Tom Felton and Rupert Grint (Draco Malfoy and Ron Weasley from the films) are at Universal right now, I may stop by there later tonight. But still very iffy for any soft openings (I.e. it most likely won't open).

To follow up I didn't not wind up going to Islands tonight as I realized it wasn't going to happen.

Last edited:
Word from those who were there today and taking to people in the know is not to expect any softs before the ride opens

Does anyone know how rough it is? I can do Everest, but not Thunder Mountain, or Seven Dwarfs, for reference (neck issues). Also no 0-60 launches (Hulk, Rock'n'Roller Coaster).

Rode it twice a few hours ago. I'll put in spoilers below, just in case anyone wants to ensure it's a total surprise, but I won't spoil the fun stuff...

It really is hard to compare it to most anything out there as the launches that are mentioned happen while you are already moving, so it's an extremely smooth acceleration. Unlike Rock'n Roller Coaster that launches from a dead stop. It also doesn't have large big drops like Everest or Mine Train (which is tame to begin with). There are elements of Tower of Terror, but I won't spoil that. This ride should not be missed. If you can handle Everest, you can absolutely handle this ride. I waited 5 hours on Sunday night and did the whole queue before it was shut down for weather and then twice today very quickly with no queue, due to the fast moving line, and I would absolutely recommend taking standby line at least once. Universal has knocked it out of the park with this ride and if it is indication of the things to come, all other theme parks should step up their game. Would be happy to answer any specific questions, if anyone is interested.

Rode it twice a few hours ago. I'll put in spoilers below, just in case anyone wants to ensure it's a total surprise, but I won't spoil the fun stuff...

It really is hard to compare it to most anything out there as the launches that are mentioned happen while you are already moving, so it's an extremely smooth acceleration. Unlike Rock'n Roller Coaster that launches from a dead stop. It also doesn't have large big drops like Everest or Mine Train (which is tame to begin with). There are elements of Tower of Terror, but I won't spoil that. This ride should not be missed. If you can handle Everest, you can absolutely handle this ride. I waited 5 hours on Sunday night and did the whole queue before it was shut down for weather and then twice today very quickly with no queue, due to the fast moving line, and I would absolutely recommend taking standby line at least once. Universal has knocked it out of the park with this ride and if it is indication of the things to come, all other theme parks should step up their game. Would be happy to answer any specific questions, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for this! Leaving in two weeks and so excited to ride this! Appreciate the info coming in 👍

Thank you. It's good to know. I have a bit more confidence now.

The Virtual Line -- can one member of my family get a time for the 5 of us? Could I send my family to go ride Rip Ride Rocket, which I don't ride, while I go to IOA to try to get a time for the 5 of us?

Also interested in finding out the answer to this question in the coming days.

Two virtual line questions that I would be interested in knowing as well:

1. What's the booking limit when placing a virtual pass ride order? Is it single rider ... parties of 5 or 7 etc.? Are your tickets linked somehow (I know it's location based).

We have a party of 9 going - staying at the Porto-Fino ... but as someone stated no front of the line (understandably) for this ride :worried: yet.

2. If I show up / line up at 5am ... (bring a few phones with me 8-) ) could I book a virtual line pass for my party -- then leave the park location (grab a few ZZZZsss) and come back? ... Is there some kind of location based monitor that negates your passes if you leave the park and come back?

I work in IT/Wireless ... I think of crazy things like this :drinking: --- yes I know I need help.

Cheers

The vertical drop they mentioned when they first released the ride details, is it just one drop? I'm assuming so. If so, do you have an estimated distance on what you think it is by how
Also interested in finding out the answer to this question in the coming days.

Two virtual line questions that I would be interested in knowing as well:

1. What's the booking limit when placing a virtual pass ride order? Is it single rider ... parties of 5 or 7 etc.? Are your tickets linked somehow (I know it's location based).

We have a party of 9 going - staying at the Porto-Fino ... but as someone stated no front of the line (understandably) for this ride :worried: yet.

2. If I show up / line up at 5am ... (bring a few phones with me 8-) ) could I book a virtual line pass for my party -- then leave the park location (grab a few ZZZZsss) and come back? ... Is there some kind of location based monitor that negates your passes if you leave the park and come back?

I work in IT/Wireless ... I think of crazy things like this :drinking: --- yes I know I need help.

Cheers

It is kind of vague in terms of description as it just simply states select the amount in your party (no mention of linking tickets). When looking at a blog about it, it shows a picture of the select process and it went up to 10. Once again, didn't show anything about linking tickets.

As for booking, you have to be in that park, not even near it. As I believe I read somewhere that someone asked if they were at USF (for example) and tried to book it would it work and someone else stated no. However, someone else can let me know if I'm wrong, or not. As I would imagine there must be a starting proximity point.

As for leaving, the only thing you need to be on site for from what I've read and heard is booking. Just in case, you might want to call to verify with Universal, unless someone else has an experience in the past with booking F&F (for example) and can confirm, or not on whether they were able to leave and keep their spot. However, I would imagine so, because the whole point of doing this is so you can do other things while you wait to go back into the VL.

Also, understandable, as I work in a similar field.

I have a feeling how this ride works as far as lines/virtual queue is going to change often at first before it settles down. There's also the sidecar vs bike seating arrangement, which may make it difficult to sit parties of 2 together, and no row requests. I'd expect how it works to change nearly day to day while they work it out, especially without any soft openings.

Here's a "review" from someone who did a preview ride yesterday:

http://orlparkpass.com/2019/06/review-spoilers-hagrids-magical-creatures-motorbike-adventure/

Last edited:
I forgot about that... Does anyone know if it is like "fire" and "ice" with the original DD where everyone splits at the end? How does that work? Cause I forgot that they do mention you get to choose in the end which one you ride in.

From the early reports it looks like Universal has another really good ride. Cannot wait to try this coaster on our September trip.

The vertical drop they mentioned when they first released the ride details, is it just one drop? I'm assuming so. If so, do you have an estimated distance on what you think it is by how

I put my answer in the blurred section:
It is just one drop. 17 feet vertical drop. It was over really quick and it's not that bad. :) And still fun!

There's also the sidecar vs bike seating arrangement, which may make it difficult to sit parties of 2 together, and no row requests.

Parties of two will be able to sit together, as long as one person wants the sidecar, and the other one wants the motorbike.

I forgot about that... Does anyone know if it is like "fire" and "ice" with the original DD where everyone splits at the end? How does that work? Cause I forgot that they do mention you get to choose in the end which one you ride in.

Before the last leg of the queue, you are given a card indicating sidecar or motorbike. The last queue is one hallway with a line down the middle. Left for sidecar, right for motorbike.

Before the last leg of the queue, you are given a card indicating sidecar or motorbike. The last queue is one hallway with a line down the middle. Left for sidecar, right for motorbike.
If a party of two can sit together by one being on the bike and one on the side car how does it work when the line is split?

Will be at universal in September. Looking forward to this one. But it does sound like it might be a rough ride. Have a family member that had a C2 neck fracture, I think it sounds like a no go for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter