Hagrid's Single Rider Line

teeeera

Earning My Ears
How has the single rider line for Hagrid's been since reopening? Is the wait much shorter than the standard line? I've seen conflicting info. Trying to decide between single rider and rider swap for myself & my husband (none of our 3 kids will ride).

Last week, I got on the regular line, because I didn’t see any single line. After half way through, they asked how many were in my party. When I said 1, they ushered me to another line, and I passed between 50-100 people. It was about 5 more minutes before I got on the ride. But just understand, if you go single rider, you will probably be in the sidecar, not the motorcycle.

Last week, I got on the regular line, because I didn’t see any single line. After half way through, they asked how many were in my party. When I said 1, they ushered me to another line, and I passed between 50-100 people. It was about 5 more minutes before I got on the ride. But just understand, if you go single rider, you will probably be in the sidecar, not the motorcycle.
Thank you, that's helpful! How long do you think you waited before the single rider line started?

My DS13 and I used single rider last week after waiting standby the day before. Queue was posted at 65min and we were on the ride in 50. Assuming the 65 min posted time was accurate, we shaved off 15 minutes. However, we were in direct sun for a large portion of single rider queue and the line went SO much more slowly. We both agreed that it would've been worth the extra time to be in shaded areas with fans, and see the decor in the standby queue than to save 15 minutes in the single rider line. Not to mention we would rather be walking slowly almost constantly than to be standing still for most of the line.

My DS13 and I used single rider last week after waiting standby the day before. Queue was posted at 65min and we were on the ride in 50. Assuming the 65 min posted time was accurate, we shaved off 15 minutes. However, we were in direct sun for a large portion of single rider queue and the line went SO much more slowly. We both agreed that it would've been worth the extra time to be in shaded areas with fans, and see the decor in the standby queue than to save 15 minutes in the single rider line. Not to mention we would rather be walking slowly almost constantly than to be standing still for most of the line.
Thanks! I've heard other people say this as well. I guess it just depends on the day. I guess I will have to play it by ear

I would say about 30% of my trips using single rider I have gotten the motorcycle. These have been with an older woman and one who was just rather timid, and once with a young-ish child. I have always assumed I would be in the sidecar but let my companion choose.

Is this the ride that is only for smaller adults? I had a friend that went and he said the new ride at universal was too small for him to fit in and hes not that large?????

Is this the ride that is only for smaller adults? I had a friend that went and he said the new ride at universal was too small for him to fit in and hes not that large?????

Think maybe he was referencing the new coaster Velocicoaster, though I didn't really notice it being unusually problematic for larger folks? Especially because there aren't confining overhead restraints, I would think it would actually be more accessible, but I'm not positive.

Think maybe he was referencing the new coaster Velocicoaster, though I didn't really notice it being unusually problematic for larger folks? Especially because there aren't confining overhead restraints, I would think it would actually be more accessible, but I'm not positive.
I'm a bit bigger and I've not yet had a problem with Velocicoaster or Hagrid's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter