Hair Wrap ???

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
Does anyone know if there is Hair Wraping at the All-Stars.?
We will be there Dec 9-15th and i am sure my DD would love to have
this done.. she is 8.. Or do you know if they do it inside the parks??
we will be starting our vacation off-site Dec 1st.. Thanks

I think I read that they have this at Boardwalk?? My daughter wants one too, she got one when she was younger on a trip to Sea World. Of course, at that time her hair was below her butt, and we didnt' ask the price until AFTER all 18 inches were wrapped. *grin* Now its shoulder length so we said if we find it, we'll do it. :)

We've gotten ours done at the water parks and at the Beach Club.

I had mine done the last week of November last year, and it's STILL in. It's almost down to my waist now, and my hair is just below my shoulders. Looks ridiculous, but I'm curious to see how long it lasts. :D

They were doing hair wraps at the All Star Movies right outside the food courts. They have them pretty much everywhere I think. We saw a few people wrapping outside a gift shop at Animal Kingdom too.

Does anyone know if any of the hair wrap carts take room charges for payment?

Thanks.

Erika

They take about 1/2 in of hair, frequently from behind the ear or the top of the head (depending on how much you want it to show...mine is behind the ear because I'm 40-something!) and wrap it with different colors of embroidery floss.:D

Ah I see!!! Thanks Mary Ann. I doubt my daughter would sit still long enough for that. :D Anyone know if they have this at Disneyland????

My DDs had their most recent ones done right outside the Disneyland Hotel in June.

As far as sitting for it...how long it takes depends on how good the person is. The one that did mine in WDW last November was great. The one that did one of my DD's at DL was sssooo slow, that the person doing my other DD's finished 3 people during the same amount of time...and it wasn't just a hair length issue.

Depending on hair length, I generalize it SHOULD take about 20 minutes or so. I recommend getting a haircut before the trip, to save time AND money. ;)

Ohhhhhh I'm excited now!!! Hope they have it in March when we go. Do you remember the cost at all?

$1.50 an inch. The beads are an additional $.25 - $5.00, depending on size/style. We always get the cheap ones. :rolleyes:

Glad it didn't go up since then! :) Of course, now it will be cheaper anyhow, with DD's hair MUCH shorter...cost us over $30 with her 18 inches of hair and one bead! LOL! If ONLY we had asked the price before she sat down, huh?

Thanks for the info.. We may have it done in the AK rather than at the hotel..
My dd has only shoulder length hair so hopefully she will chose the "cheap" beads.Hee Hee

May I suggest that when you get the wrap done ask for an alligator clip. If the wrap comes out or you decide to cut it out you can attach it to the alligator clip so your child can always use it.

Good idea on the Alligator clip. My daughters stayed in and was still nice 4 months after she got it last year. I would have loved to save it - just didn't hink of it before I started unwrapping.
phinz_jazy, my daughter was just 6 last year and sat very quietly for 25 minutes while her's was done. It was the highlight of her trip.

And for others planning, you must buy for entire length of hair - you can't just say "do 2 inches, then add the beads" So if you're thinking about it, measure from the scalp to the end of the hair and mulitply by $1.50 then add about $5.00 for conservative beads. DD has shorter hair this year (just shoulder length) so I'm hoping we can get away with under $20.00 Measure can be done from top of scalp to end of hair, or from just behind top side of ear to end of hair.

Actually, I was thinking maybe buy a book on it, and pick up thread and beads before leaving and do it on the plane. Only trouble is, she NEVER sits still for me!

FYI-they also do hair wrapping by the pool at Wilderness Lodge--there are only specific times that they are there so be sure to check!!!!!

Hi,

You can also get hair wraps done at the CBR and Poly amongst other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter