• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hair Wraps

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I just wanted to post that my DD got the Conair Hair Wrap for Christmas and it works great! I was real wary of getting it for her, we had purchased the hair braider and it didn't work worth beans. This works great, of course it is definately a 2 person thing,( it even says on the instructions it is). It only takes 1-2 minutes to do a strand of her hair (med length) and she absolutely loves it. We are going to go to the craft store and buy some embroidery thread before WDW so she can color coordinate her hair with her outfits. Not sure how much it costs at the parks/resorts to get it done, but thought I would share.

If I'm not mistaken the hair wraps were approximately $1.00/inch, which did not include the cost of the beads. Why not bring the Conair with you, some extra "thread" and set-up a station on the Bboardwalk and charge $0.50/inch --- see how long a Disney Rep. comes out and asks you to stop. Maybe you can take wagers?

How much did the Conair Hair Wrap cost? My girls want their hair done and I'm totally useless with something like that. I do good to put their hair in braids.

:earsgirl:

I bought my daughters at Claire's for 20.00. I have seen it advertised on tv for 29.99. I am wondering if Target is going to carry them because they carry the hair braider. Now you can't do alot of different colors on one strand unless the thread is different colors, but you might be able to do 3 or so different ones on a strand by stopping and tying off and starting another color, but it does come with thread that has 3 different colors on it and another thread that is teal with a silver metallic through it. The one thing I love about it is that my daughter is very tender headed and it is very easy to get out.

I can tell you we paid (at least) approx $26.00 everytime we go. This last time we had it done at US before going to Disney and it was alittle cheaper. I will have to take a look at one of these. Thanks for the info.

It is the very first thing my DD does everytime as soon as we check in the resort. She gets two strands done and the price has been around $60.00. They last for over a month though.

If you have the time and patience you can try going to the Rag Shop if you have one nearby. They sell a kit with directions for different types of wraps with the thread and beads. Just be forwarned: Your daughter's friends will all want one!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter