• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haircut in MK

DisKim

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how much it is to get a haircut in the babershop on Main St. in the MK? My DH is holding out to have his hair cut there.

The cost (as of when I was there last in March) was $15.00 + tip.

I do the same as your husband as I always get a great haircut. I also like wathcing the families bring in their kids to get their first haircut. Also, tell you husband to watch out as he may get something unexpected dumped into his hair...pixie dust. My daughter had a good laugh when they did it to me.

It sounds like fun! I think I'll keep the pixie dust a secret from him and see what they do! His look of suprise would make a great picture! I didn't think the cost would be so reasonable! Thaks for the info? By the way, is there a long wait for a haircut? I don't want him to go first thing in the morning because getting on rides with little wait is our priority in the morning, of couse.

The lines are the least at rope drop (opening) but you might find the line less of a wait during the mid afternoon hours (2pm to 4pm). Just don't show up at 4 as from then till closing at 5 the place is a zoo and they will close and lock the door when they have enough waiting that will last until closing.

We took our youngest for his first haircut while we were on our trip last month. We went at ~11 a.m. on a Tues (non-EMH day)and had a 15 min wait. They can either spray coloring on your husband's hair (think interesting punk rock) or sprinkle pixie dust confetti/sparkles....then again, you could go for the "whole look" like the teenage boy in front of us did.....spiked pink and blue hair with a Mickey sprayed onto the back of his head and topped by the sparkles...it was a great picture for his family and he was definitely a good sport!

spiked pink and blue hair with a Mickey sprayed onto the back of his head and topped by the sparkles...it was a great picture for his family and he was definitely a good sport!

I'd love to see my DH with a hairdo like that! Knowing him, he would love it. He's probably a slightly bigger Disney fanatic than I am. Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like a lot of fun. We're definitely going to do it.

Got my dd first haircut there. It was so cool. She got mickey ears that said first haircut and a really cool certificate. The memory was well worth the wait.

My DS 9 and DD 4 got their hair cut on MS. They did a great job. Best hair cut my son has ever had. DS's hair was spiked in good and a hidden mickey sprayed on to the back of his hair. It was awesome. My DD got princess pink and mickey shaped glitter applieed to the top of her head. Her hair was banded with a min. mickey. She love it. Got some great pictures for our scrapbook. The kids had a blast.

Ok everytime I have been I have not noticed a barber shop. Can someone tell me where it is? I know it is near the entrance, but by what exactly?

You know, I'm not positive about where it is. I think I saw it on the left on Main St as you walk in, but I could be very wrong here. Can someone else help?

When you first enter the MK, the barbershop in on the left hand side past city hall and next to the fire station and entrance for the parade. It is tucked away but you can see the barber pole if you look for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter