Half Board Plus question

ThBa

DIS Veteran
Hi....its me again....:rolleyes1

Here is my question:

2 adults and 2 children which are 16 and 11 years old

When I book the UK offer with half board free then my 11 year old daughter would get half board voucher for children.

When I "make her one year older" at the booking she would get half board voucher for an adult.

The complete booking amount would be 21 GBP more and I would get more valued vouchers.

Will this work??

:disrocks:

I called disney before I booked as my 2 year old wasn't going to be included in the free dining offer. I suggested making him a year older so he could get food aswell and the Lady on the phone said this was perfectly ok and many people do this. So I don't foresee any issues going from child to adult in the same way. Just don't book travel as part of the package as this would cause massive problems.

But surely you will be charged adult price for her Thorsten rather than child? Will this make up for the difference in value of the meal vouchers?

But surely you will be charged adult price for her Thorsten rather than child? Will this make up for the difference in value of the meal vouchers?

Yes...when I make a dummy booking with her as 11 years and then again with 12 years old the difference will be only 21 GBP.

Due to the official Disneyland Paris flyer for Half/Full Board options you have to be 12 and up for an adult.

But I am afraid that they will see all of our personal id´s at the check-in.

On the other hand: She is old enough and has hunger enough "like an adult" and I´m paying the whole stay for her "like an adult" so why not make her one year older?

Ok....I could use her child voucher and pay the rest for her but why if I could do the other way?

:scratchin

My family are never with me when we check in, they only ask the lead passenger to fill in the forms etc so I don't think there will be a problem. Also, you're actually paying more than you need to by paying an adult rate. If it were the other way, i.e: trying to pass and older child as an adult then there might be an issue.

I'm sure it'll be fine x

I think this will be fine as well. I know it's not quite the same, but many people do it at WDW for disney dining packages and it's perfectly OK to do. I would do this if I needed to - you are paying the extra. I've never been asked for passports for my family upon check in at Disney hotels - just mine as the 'lead name' on the booking.

I would only say not to bother if you're planning on eating at buffets as children can eat the same as adults there! Otherwise go for it if your 11 year old wants to eat from the adult menus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter