Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, friendly reminder of the Disboards policy on Political talk. There is to be none of it. Not in favor or against any political party or person.
This is not an ego trip on my part, I have been told by the Webmaster to start deleting posts and issuing warnings to repeat offenders.
Like the stormtroopers say "I don't make the rules I just enforce them"

I trust your aim is better. ;)

Disney has released a statement regarding Hall of Presidents.

The attraction is now said to open in Late 2017 according to Disney. They said the delay is due to extensive work being done to the theater.

Disney has released a statement regarding Hall of Presidents.

The attraction is now said to open in Late 2017 according to Disney. They said the delay is due to extensive work being done to the theater.
Can't wait! I am one of those weirdos who loves HOP and looks forward to it as more than just a break from the heat and a chance to get off my feet. Looks like I'll likely get to see it in December. :banana:

I would think that with Iger stepping down from the WH advisory council after the statement to drop out of the Paris Climate Accord that it might be a long wait for it to reopen.

Don't see why that should impact anything -- and sounds like it won't. Hopefully Iger isn't petty/political that way... he has a business to run.

According to http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/06/disney_denies_hall_of_presiden.html, Disney says Trump will be in Hall of Presidents and have a speaking role just as every other sitting president has since 1993.

Not a valid site for news - I mean really, what connection does Cleveland have with Orlando, or DC?

Actually from the CM who was posted outside of the HOP to answer the question.

Same as a bus driver, LOL!

no opening date has been given. Here is the OFFICIAL post from Disney https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...the-hall-of-presidents-at-magic-kingdom-park/

This I trust a little bit more. Mot sure why they felt the need to post about rumors though.

Don't see why that should impact anything -- and sounds like it won't. Hopefully Iger isn't petty/political that way... he has a business to run.

There are things I want to say about this, but would be too political for the DIS, apparently. But my guess is Disney is covering their butts for lawsuits, etc.

From the Disney link above, it mentions including more US history. It would be nice if they emphasized more women and people of color in that history.

There are things I want to say about this, but would be too political for the DIS, apparently. But my guess is Disney is covering their butts for lawsuits, etc.
Not sure I understand this, but I'm outta' here before this gets overtly political. :)

Not sure I understand this, but I'm outta' here before this gets overtly political. :)

Bias lawsuit, copyright lawsuit, etc. Hall of Presidents is a form of advertising, in a way. There are laws in the US that state equal access to media, etc. It can be twisted by the vagueness of the language used, that every president has to be presented in an equal way.

This I trust a little bit more. Mot sure why they felt the need to post about rumors though.

Because it was published and, following Disney's statement, 2 articles were retracted. So, good on Disney. They have a right to defend/control their truth no matter who/what's involved.

From the Disney link above, it mentions including more US history. It would be nice if they emphasized more women and people of color in that history.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new show, however, the emphasis will/should be presidents. The American Adventure in Epcot addresses these subjects plus more...well, as best they can in 28 min.

Bias lawsuit, copyright lawsuit, etc. Hall of Presidents is a form of advertising, in a way. There are laws in the US that state equal access to media, etc. It can be twisted by the vagueness of the language used, that every president has to be presented in an equal way.

I wouldn't be worried about lawsuits, unless the content of the show was overtly political leaning enough to risk the perception of favoritism in an election. Sure, someone could try to sue, but it would be very hard to win under equal time laws. Besides, there's no way Disney would overtly wade into bias in a theme park show. They have a business to run and it doesn't make sense to alienate Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Greens (or Communists for that matter, given their investment in China). They want everyone to visit their magical parks and spend.

Given all the recent rumors, they probably had to make a statement in order to show that Disney was carrying on with standard tradition, and not making a political statement either way.

Because it was published and, following Disney's statement, 2 articles were retracted. So, good on Disney. They have a right to defend/control their truth no matter who/what's involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new show, however, the emphasis will/should be presidents. The American Adventure in Epcot addresses these subjects plus more...well, as best they can in 28 min.

I wish they'd redo American Adventure to make it less white-male-centric. But why not squeeze in some non white male history in HoP as well?

I wouldn't be worried about lawsuits, unless the content of the show was overtly political leaning enough to risk the perception of favoritism in an election. Sure, someone could try to sue, but it would be very hard to win under equal time laws. Besides, there's no way Disney would overtly wade into bias in a theme park show. They have a business to run and it doesn't make sense to alienate Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Greens (or Communists for that matter, given their investment in China). They want everyone to visit their magical parks and spend.

Given all the recent rumors, they probably had to make a statement in order to show that Disney was carrying on with standard tradition, and not making a political statement either way.

I'm thinking specifically about copyright infringement, as our current president is really big on that. Disney has to tread very carefully, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this 'downtime' had been spent with back and forth lawyer crap.

Seriously? I think you are completely over thinking this.

I wish I was - but my explanation of why I think this way would be considered political and removed.

Past speeches have been generic and apolitical appeals for unity, celebrating freedom and the American spirit (and other buzzwords like that). Hopefully the next speech will carry on that tradition.

I thought the "current president speaking role" is the presidential oath of office. Did I imagine that? I admit it's been a few years since I've seen it.

FYI, the equal time laws don't apply to all media, just broadcast stations because the airwaves are considered a public resource.

I wish they'd redo American Adventure to make it less white-male-centric. But why not squeeze in some non white male history in HoP as well?

I'm thinking specifically about copyright infringement, as our current president is really big on that. Disney has to tread very carefully, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of this 'downtime' had been spent with back and forth lawyer crap.

I wish I was - but my explanation of why I think this way would be considered political and removed.

1. Because it's the Hall of the Presidents, not the Hall of historical figures
2. The president will be a willing participant and therefore would no be able t sue for "copywrite infringement".
3. As far as election laws and exposure/ advertising prior to an election. Every president that was living during the time of HOP has run for reelection, with the exception of Johnson. Free advertising has never been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter