Halle Bailey from the Live-Action "The Little Mermaid" Performs 'Part of Your World' at Disneyland

I haven't loved any of the live actions, but boy does this girl have a fantastic voice!
The people they hired on all the projects are talented but I feel like most the films they are remaking are near prefect and I have no need to watch a new version to be disappointed again

After Aladdin, I was done. They Changed an almost perfect ending with a chase around the city. Since then I've stayed away and only heard bad things about the films I've skipped

They haven’t put out full reviews of any previews yet, but the buzz is that Halle is great, and the CGI not so great. So while it is possible that she will give a great performance as Ariel, we will have to wait and see if the rest of the movie is any good. I have not liked any of the live action movies very much, so I will wait to form an opinion on this one.

I really hope people give her and this movie a chance. It shouldn't be a controversy that she is the choice to play Ariel. She is a fantastic singer. I'm not big on these live action remakes but I definitely plan on going to see it with my two girls.
I hope this movie doesn't get review bombed negatively, but that's a hard ask in 2023. I like her version of the song. So I think she'll be a good Ariel.

Breathtaking display. The dress design and of course Halle, is Beautiful.
The power, control and story telling in her voice is amazing, just magical.
I noticed they have the old fashioned 90's light sticks! I hope they bring them back for purchase for nostalgia.
WOW! I had no interest in seeing this film but her performance and voice are stunning, jeez.

She performed the song beautifully, IMO. Remains to be seen whether or not I like the movie, but I have no issue with Halle as Ariel. She's amazing.

Honestly, I tend to prefer the originals, probably because that's what I grew up with and so did my kids.

She performed the song beautifully, IMO. Remains to be seen whether or not I like the movie, but I have no issue with Halle as Ariel. She's amazing.

Honestly, I tend to prefer the originals, probably because that's what I grew up with and so did my kids.
Also the animated films are tighter

It costs way more to animate then to just film, so the animated films can't waste much time or else the budget gets insane.

If you watch Beauty and the Beast, the pacing is amazing every scene has a purpose and just flows very well

I am not big on Princesses, but I have a soft spot for Ariel. I LOVED "The Little Mermaid" when it came out in 1989, and I watched it multiple times in the theater as a kid. I, too, have not been a fan of the remakes, so am cautiously looking forward to seeing it. I feel weirdly sentimental about the live action remake - like the passage of time, and now a new generation (like my own daughter) will be experiencing the disney storytelling magic in their own way. I think Halle is a great choice for Ariel.

I am not big on Princesses, but I have a soft spot for Ariel. I LOVED "The Little Mermaid" when it came out in 1989, and I watched it multiple times in the theater as a kid. I, too, have not been a fan of the remakes, so am cautiously looking forward to seeing it. I feel weirdly sentimental about the live action remake - like the passage of time, and now a new generation (like my own daughter) will be experiencing the disney storytelling magic in their own way. I think Halle is a great choice for Ariel.
Also the animated films are tighter

It costs way more to animate then to just film, so the animated films can't waste much time or else the budget gets insane.

If you watch Beauty and the Beast, the pacing is amazing every scene has a purpose and just flows very well
I saw a few clips from the movie, not enough to form a true opinion, but to me it looked very distorted. Of course, part of that could be an attempt to evoke the under-sea atmosphere, but I didn't like it. It was neither this nor that, if that makes any sense.

I'll have to see the whole movie before I can make a definite statement, but the clip I saw was just...odd looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter