Halloween at theme parks

MicknMinnJen

Mouseketeer
specifically I'm interested in Knotts Berry Farm and Universal Hollywood. I wont be attending the special events, but am wondering if any of the 'scary' stuff is out during the day? Would it be scary or disturbing for young children?

At Knotts, they try their best to cover up and hide anything that is gory or violent during the day. However you will still see plenty of skeletons and spider webs on the buildings and trees. There is also the Mine Ride which they sometimes do an overlay to and turn it into the "Witches Keep" for Haunt. When they do an overlay, the daytime version of the Mine Ride will be the Haunt version-minus the scare actors jumping out at you.

At Universal, they make no attempts what so ever to cover up anything gory or violent during the day. You will see very graphic props and sets throughout the park during the time Halloween Horror Nights is occurring. Other than the props around the park, Universal does nothing for Halloween during daytime park operations.

These videos will give you an idea of what you would see during the daytime at Universal. Just remove the fog, music, and actors roaming and jumping out at you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter