Halloween Candy ideas

FairestOfThemAll37

DIS Veteran
I love Halloween. I’m too grossed out by things that have been outside coming back inside and have no desire for storing things so I don’t decorate, but I love the handing out candy part.

I feel like Halloween will be back in a big way this year and m trying to think of what to do for candy as I’m behind in ordering!

A few years ago I did candy necklaces and giant lollipops. I might bring back candy necklaces this year as they were my favorite when I was a kid!

I’ve bought several places out of HP chocolate frogs and am trying to find more.

Any ideas on candy beyond the typical supermarket mixes? I wanted to do those gigantic pixie stix but I figured parents might not think that was so awesome:rotfl2:

give me some ideas! I also added giant cow tails one year, but that was a horrible idea because, total honesty, I ate most of them before Halloween arrived lol

When I was young I wasn’t allowed to eat Pixie Stix. My mother thought I would choke on the powder. When my dd was younger she had something similar to a pixie stix and spilled it all over the couch.
Ps. My dh loves cow tails

No candy suggestions now, just a Pixie Stix remembrance. When we bought them as kids from a corner store in the neighborhood, they seemed to be only 3/4 full, like potato chip bags. We accused the older woman (not to her face) who owned the place of eating some of each stix, then closing them back up to sell.

She was a bit of a crabby old crow, so it seemed likely to us.

My husband was in charge of the soccer concession stand for many years. There was a jar of plastic necklaces, no one ever bought one. They are now in my basement. My kids like the candy bars like snickers.

My mom bought those wax bottle candies that you can drink the liquid inside and honestly thought none of the kids would like them. Turns out they were the most popular candy that year.
I absolutely adored those! My dad used to buy them for me! My favorite part was chewing the wax! I don’t know if that’s still encouraged but that’s what my dad did when he had them and that how we ate them 🤷‍♀️

My husband was in charge of the soccer concession stand for many years. There was a jar of plastic necklaces, no one ever bought one. They are now in my basement. My kids like the candy bars like snickers.

Aw that sucks lol. They did seem to be quite a popular candy when I gave them out a few years ago. Especially slightly older kids went crazy for them!

Aw that sucks lol. They did seem to be quite a popular candy when I gave them out a few years ago. Especially slightly older kids went crazy for them!
Due to covid, spent last Halloween across the street on my neighbors lawn, there was a bunch of us, beer and wine, neighbors brought out fire pits from their backyards, ordered pizza, and I put my candy bowl on my walkway. Maybe I’ll put out some necklaces. It was the best Halloween ever, we are doing the same this year (I have a dog that barks like crazy when people approach our house do Halloween is pretty stressful).

When I was young I wasn’t allowed to eat Pixie Stix. My mother thought I would choke on the powder. When my dd was younger she had something similar to a pixie stix and spilled it all over the couch.
Ps. My dh loves cow tails

My daughter DID choke on the powder- it all clumped up in her throat and she was choking on it!

My mom bought those wax bottle candies that you can drink the liquid inside and honestly thought none of the kids would like them. Turns out they were the most popular candy that year.

So I buy a variety of full sized candy bars each year and also Fun Dip - that stuff is so gross but kids actually pick that over the full sized bars! Each year I hear kids walking up path saying "oh yeah! This is the fun dip house" LOL- my neighbors on either side of me give out the full sized bars too so I guess they take theirs and break it up with Fun Dip from me. This year I had a settlement from a class action suit from Mike and Ikes and got a bunch of Movie Theatre sized boxes of Mike and Ike free so I saved those for Halloween too.

I too give out full size candy bars. Costco had some on sale for $15 for a box of 30. I got 4 boxes. I just lay them out on a table and let the kids pick. I try and get something like animal crackers or something else that is good for the younger kids.

Ring pops are a huge hit in my neighborhood. I also get things that can be used as lunch box snacks--goldfish crackers, oreos, rice krispie treats, pretzels, etc.

I always have candy bars as well as some kind of bagged chips or crackers. Some kids go wild for the candy bars (I think mainly because of bar size). Others were thrilled with the chips, with some opening and eating them immediately as they walked to the next house.

I never tried any unique candy types, though that sounds like a good idea.

Man, you guys and your full bars - I know where I'm going trick-or-treating! 😎

Seriously, what's the deal with "Fun Size" - there's nothing fun about that! 🤣

Kids love toothbrushes! :rotfl::rotfl:Oh oh and pennies. Remember getting those as kids? The look you’d give your friend after saying “thank you” to the adult handing it out was one of can you believe I’m hustling my butt to get this?

Let’s not forget the McD’s coupon my parents would never take me to redeem. :rolleyes2
B05A5FCD-F54C-4AE8-BF51-06BE1B8CFD04.jpeg

OP, I loved getting gum when I was a kid trick or treating. Double Bubble, Bazooka. ::yes::

Man, you guys and your full bars - I know where I'm going trick-or-treating! 😎

Seriously, what's the deal with "Fun Size" - there's nothing fun about that! 🤣

I usually give out three different fun size bars. Might be more total weight than a full size one.

A friend of mine gives out glow stick bracelets. She says they're a big hit with the kids and parents.

I give out a whole lot of diff items. We don't get that many ToT's, (see Slo's ToT poll) BUT, I LOVE Halloween, love to decorate and spoil my neighborhood kids.
I love all of the candy ideas in here...I usually do full sized candy bars these days...I don't have a CostCo membership but several of my friends went out and bought up those buckets a previous poster mentioned!

I love to hand out fun trinkets in addition to candy. Many of them you can find at Target.
  • Spider rings
  • Temp Tattoos
  • glow in the dark vampire teeth
  • slap bracelets

We may have 4 TOTers on a good night. We live 250 feet off the road and it’s a sparsely populated road. The 4 we may have are DGS, nieces and nephew. I wish we had more but we don’t. I usually spoil them with full size treats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter