Halloween Dining Packages are out!

Has anyone done the plaza inn dining package yet? I just got a reservation for Saturday, but I haven’t seen any reviews yet, so I may end up cancelling.
I saw someone do a live on YT. They sat her with a stranger, and she had a couple of heaters blocking her view. She asked if they would move the one right by the table, but they said it was screwed into the ground. The hedges seemed shorter than videos from last year, but I still ended up cancelling my reservation after watching her live.

Any reviews on Goofy’s Kitchen Halloween dining yet?? I know it’s only been a day LOL but curious what people think!!

Any reviews on Goofy’s Kitchen Halloween dining yet?? I know it’s only been a day LOL but curious what people think!!
Here now. So far not great. Food is just ok, which we knew, but 45 minutes in and only one character walking around. When we got seated Pluto came over almost immediately. We saw Chip and Dale come out but I don't see them anywhere. We are also at the darkest table I can imagine. The lighting in here is terrible. Very yellow and unflattering for photos let me tell you!

Hopefully characters will be coming around, we are surrounded by children so it isn't just us not seeing characters. We have 5 other tables in our area and no one has seen anyone but Pluto and they were all here before us.

Just an update I went and walked around, there is not one character on the floor other then when you first walk in and get the complimentary photo pass photo by waiting in line. Spoke to a man in a suit (felt like a Karen, but this is crazy). Explained we have now been sitting an hour and only seen one character. Everyone is very apologetic, but I don't understand why there are not characters at a character breakfast!

Manager is super nice, sending Chip and Dale to see us. Very accommodating if you complain politely. Glad to see it, but not sure why they aren't wandering more.

Back at hotel before we head out for home. I wonder if there was a situation with the characters. They keep saying Goofy was coming out for the official photo but it was only ever Minnie. Several people left the line when she showed up again. Chip and Dale were very subdued, even with the kids the characters were not playful or energetic as usual. And not just in our section (I was worried it was because they heard that I was complaining). I could see 75% or the restaurant and all the tables around me, but they were just very subdued. The table next to us asked about the dancing thing with napkins and they said 820, but we left at 9 and they never did it. That table left looking disappointed. Before I spoke to the manager (who was extremely nice) 3 servers had him cornered and I heard them ask where the characters were. I couldn't hear his response so that is when I asked him.

Hopefully our thing was just a fluke and it'll get better. I am so wonder if there wasn't the regular characters in the clothes and these were like quick replacements or something they just seemed really off. But whatever you do ask for a table by the window so you might at least get decent photos!

Oh, and all the food that was listed for Brunch was available except for maybe a carving station. Lots of good options, just was very mediocre.

We had an 11:00 for Goofy’s Brunch. When we still weren’t seated by 11:40 (and had seen characters come out and go in twice) we decided to bail. I think the lack of characters this morning (and people waiting a long time) led to a cascade of delays.

We saw some cute character moments while we were waiting. I was already disappointed they were using last year’s costumes, and the place was so chaotic, with the significant delay we decided it wasn’t worth the price.

We had an 11:00 for Goofy’s Brunch. When we still weren’t seated by 11:40 (and had seen characters come out and go in twice) we decided to bail. I think the lack of characters this morning (and people waiting a long time) led to a cascade of delays.

We saw some cute character moments while we were waiting. I was already disappointed they were using last year’s costumes, and the place was so chaotic, with the significant delay we decided it wasn’t worth the price.
Yikes. I know we were there over an hour which is long for a character buffet I think. People were definitely lingering waiting for characters in my section.
One thing we noticed is that when the characters did start moving they didn't seem to follow any sort of route. At one point 3 were in one section. And when they left our section they didn't all head to the next logical (to me) area. They all went different ways.

Yikes. I know we were there over an hour which is long for a character buffet I think. People were definitely lingering waiting for characters in my section.
One thing we noticed is that when the characters did start moving they didn't seem to follow any sort of route. At one point 3 were in one section. And when they left our section they didn't all head to the next logical (to me) area. They all went different ways.

Thanks to your reports from earlier, we weren’t entirely unprepared. But the delay was just too long. We didn’t feel like giving Disney the significant cost of this meal for an underwhelming experience.

Thanks for reporting. The characters not following a logical, orderly path around the restaurant would drive me nuts. Hopefully these issues are just because it is a new offering, but if I keep seeing reports like this, we might go to Storytellers instead.

Thanks for reporting. The characters not following a logical, orderly path around the restaurant would drive me nuts. Hopefully these issues are just because it is a new offering, but if I keep seeing reports like this, we might go to Storytellers instead.
Yes, it seemed super weird to us too. It isn't like they aren't used to doing character meals there. This is the same thing they do everyday, just in costumes. The actual character handler was oddly only visible the first 10 minutes or so we were there. He completely disappeared until right before we left again. He actually was the one who walked with Minnie to the photo opp area when Goofy was supposed to be the one coming out.

Yes, it seemed super weird to us too. It isn't like they aren't used to doing character meals there. This is the same thing they do everyday, just in costumes. The actual character handler was oddly only visible the first 10 minutes or so we were there. He completely disappeared until right before we left again. He actually was the one who walked with Minnie to the photo opp area when Goofy was supposed to be the one coming out.
Thanks for the honest review, but super disappointing. :(

Just watched a video of this experience. Looks like Pluto is one of the "Halloween themed" characters here. Why bother since they don't really put him in costume?

I had the same thought. I don't get why this would be different.

Went to the Halloween Screams dining package at Plaza Inn on Saturday. Upon checkin they give you the warning that fireworks are not guaranteed and there are no refunds. You are given the option to back out. I also asked about a fish option for those who don't eat red meat (for my daughter). I was directed to ask the chef for "allergy" options. Once inside asked about the food options. Was told there is no fish option. The only substitute allowed is penne pasta with marinara sauce, breadstick and side salad. Unfortunate. The tables are packed in so tightly you really have to squeeze into your chair to sit down. Hedges are trimmed down very low. You are able to easily see everyone walking by and view the castle. Fireworks view was partially blocked by Plaza Inn signage. I was able to see some projection towards the top of the castle.
They did take walk ins for this package. I also noticed at least 10 empty tables
I did see the back section of Plaza Inn seating was open for regular Plaza Inn customers and I think they had a better view than I did. Probably wouldn't book this package again.

This same thing happens at storytellers and plaza inn as well. I've seen it first hand. It's quite annoying when you pay these prices for the exclusive photo opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter