PTR
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4

Day 5

Thursday 8 October

Last day :sad1:

I had planned our last morning in my head from the minute I'd booked the flights. We were being picked up by Ezyshuttle at 11.30 so didn't have much time. Plan had been to do EMH, Studios for 9.30 opening for Crush and then back to the hotel for 10.45 to have breakfast before being picked up. When I learned that breakfast times had been changed to 10.30 I had a re-think. I'd also seen Crush go down a couple of times and knew the queues would be really long so we soon decided against visiting the Studios today.

In the end we agreed we'd check out before 8 and just spend the rest of our time in the park, stopping at Salon Mickey for some breakfast, so no hotel breakfast this morning.

I was up at 7am and got myself organised as the others started to wake. I'd done most of the packing the night before so was pretty organised. Or so I thought.....turns out we'd bought so much stuff I was struggling to get it in our bags and wished I'd put that extra case on our flight. I ended up leaving some toiletries and snacks we'd never eaten. No big deal but annoying to have to rejig everything at the last minute. Anyway, we were all sorted and out of the room by 7.45 - bye, bye lovely room :wave2:

Socks for today

We checked out very quickly and left our bags at the bag check.

It was nice and dry outside, no wind and perfect conditions for a Disney day :)

The gates in front of the DLH weren't opened until just after 8am by security and there were about 20 others at the gates with us. Yesterday we'd been waiting under the DLH at 8, so don't know what time they should be open.

Town Square looked great

Most people went to meet the characters so we had an empty Main St

Chip and Dale were all alone so Lewis went over to meet them as we'd missed them yesterday

Abbey wanted to have a picture with her Vans beside the castle

Next we went inside the castle and upstairs for a look as we'd missed this last year. It's so nice up here and so quiet we had the place to ourselves.

We could really hear the snoring guards today

Lewis then took charge and wanted to make sure the DH and Abbey stuck to the EMH routine :lmao:

First up was Peter Pan followed by Dumbo

Then the Teacups

And finally The Carousel where Abbey was a princess and chose a carriage all to herself :flower1:

We popped over to Discoveryland and did Buzz - photos not working this morning. Then we did Orbitron. DH and I were in the same rocket and we had a bit of trouble fitting in comfortably....I think my bahookie is a bit too big :lmao::lmao::lmao:

We went back to the hub and DH and Abbey both commented that they couldn't believe how much we'd done already and it wasn't even 9am yet! The penny had dropped :laughing:

Back at the hub there we hopped on one of the Main St Motors

Town Square was getting busier now and we made our way towards the exit so we could go to Salon Mickey.

I forgot to say that yesterday Lewis and I couldn't get out the exit as the gates were closed and there weren't any CM's there. We had to walk over the entrance and ask a CM to let us through. We had to do the same today which actually benefited us as we were closer to Salon Mickey :)

Last edited:
I knocked on the special door and soon we were inside enjoyed some muffins, doughnuts and hot chocolate. We were the only ones in the whole time and stayed there a good half hour.

We had some time to spend before rope drop and wandered the shops again and looked through the arcades. The kids discovered the souvenir medallions and picked a couple from Liberty Arcade.

Time for some pics at the meet area beside Casey's Corner.

The sky was a beautiful blue and I just had to take another photo of the castle :love:

We stood at the rope beside Liberty Arcade so that we could get a chance for BTM.

There wasn't anyone else with us, just the CM from Frontierland, who was actually the same CM who we'd watch draw the Mickey on the ground yesterday. He waited for the announcement that the park was open to finish in total and then delayed opening the rope to go and tell another guest not to use a selfie-stick :rotfl2: He came back shaking his head saying 'there's signs everywhere and they just ignore it'

Anyway he dropped the rope and then walked in front of us, not allowing us past until we reached the main entrance of Frontierland. Another CM came from the direction of the hub with a swarm of people walking behind. Gone are the days that they let you make a run for it thank goodness. Very controlled :thumbsup2

We were then allowed to merge with the swarm and were on the first train leaving the station :banana: Such a good tip to use the Liberty Arcade entrance instead of the hub :thumbsup2
We loved our last ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness - fantastic :jumping1:

Kids wanted to do Pirates next pirate: It was really a beautiful morning and we enjoyed Adventure Isle on the way.

Pirates was our final ride of the day and was fantastic :goodvibes

Stroll back to Main St and stopped at the Genie's lamp to see if we could get the smoke to work

Some last minute shopping in Main St. Abbey got a blanket and Lewis got a Phantom Manor lanyard for all his pins. I just love Main St.

We waved bye bye to the park and headed back to the hotel through the village.

The balloon was flying today for the first time we'd seen this trip

Inside HNY - would love to have all these ornaments

We handed our ticket to the bell boy at bag check and he brought our bags outside where Ezyshuttle were already waiting for us.

Time to say goodbye now, after what was another fabulous holiday at Disneyland Paris :love:

Final thoughts

Hotel New York has been a favourite of our for years and still is. It definitely needs a wee bit of a touch up now and if I'm honest I think that I often think of it fondly and overlook any little flaws it may have as it feels so much like home when we're there. Again, for a first time visitor they might not be happy with the bulky old tv and small safe in the room but for us we just expect and accept it.

Wait times - it was so quiet this visit that I think we'll be spoiled in future if BTM isn't a walk on or we need to wait more than 10 minutes for anything. It was a really fantastic time to go.

Half Board Plus Vouchers - we got these included in our package. I did like that I didn't need to budget for food costs but would have loved not have had a starter at each meal, it felt such a waste for us.

Pause Gourmande - why only between 3-6pm and why so little choice of where to pick up your stuff? Good idea but could be better with extra choices other than doughnuts and quick service restaurants to pick up.

Halloween - a wonderful time to visit! Love all the decorations around the park, just stunning and lots more effort put into character meets, interactions and fun in general. Really loved everything about it!

Refurbs - there are already quite a lot in progress and lots of green fences around. It didn't bother us really but I do think a first time visitor may be put off by it a bit. I know they need to be done and the place always looks better when they're finished. The one that stood out the most were at the entrance to the Studios and the station in the main park.

I often worry that one day we'll come home and I won't feel the urge to go back.....luckily that's never happened yet. I always want to go back and hope we always will :love:

Once again, thanks to everyone on Dis for being so nice :disrocks:

Last edited:
The Swag:

We bought so much more than I thought on this trip, so in no particular order, here goes...

Star Wars mug that Lewis picked to take home for Mark

Another present for Mark - Hercules t-shirt, he's still a big fan!

Attraction posters - the kids got a massive canvas of the castle for my Christmas last year and I was delighted to see the rest of them available

2016 Calendar that I hunted for for ages and found on our second last day. Once I'd found it I started seeing it everywhere :rotfl2:

Keyring I'd spotted that Lewis bought for me as a surprise one night

Minnie lanyard. I don't collect pins but I realised that the bottom section would be perfect for me to attach my work ID to. It'll keep me happy :goodvibes

Lewis' lanyard

Lewis' pins

Minnie pencils

My Marie pen

Minnie jumper for me

Build your own Light Saber

I'd been searching for a nice watch for myself. Abbey has a beautiful Winnie the Pooh one from a few years ago but I didn't see any I really liked. In the village shop there was an offer to buy a watch half price is you spent a certain amount and I saw Minnie and took it. It wasn't until I put it on I realised it's a kids teach watch :rotfl2: It fits and I like it anyway so I'll be wearing it proudly :laughing:

The souvenir medallions the kids chose around the park and village. They're 2E each and we used up our change to get them.

Minnie ice cube tray that Abbey adores

Folding shopping bag. I have another of these in a similar style that I use almost daily, so had to get another one

Ice Cream Scoop

Salt and pepper shakers

Olaf and Donald mugs

Abbey's Alice mug

Gusteau/Remy recipe book

And the big hitter - the Mad Hatter Mug that I only seen in Lily's Boutique

Abbey also got a blanket, present for her BF, mirror, some hair bands and a Monsters Inc shopper bag - don't have pics.

And we bought the dreaded ponchos which were actually very good, totally waterproof. A new Mickey brolly which is a Totes make and automatic, very well made.

That's it folks :goodvibes

Last edited:
Wow Julie, what a brilliant trip! Just read your entire trip report and it has me so excited for my quick visit in 12 days time.
However, I definitely won't be as lucky as you were with the queue times/lack of crowds - seems like we'll be there on one of the busiest days possible! I've been spoiled in the past with amazing trips like yours where 15 mins seems like a long wait time....but I guess we just need to adjust our expectations with each visit. Can't believe how many times you rode BTM! Impressed.

I bought that Hercules Tshirt for my boyfriend as a gift from my trip last November, he loves it and wears it to the gym. He's never actually seen Hercules :rolleyes1 or a lot of Disney movies! We're making our way through them. Need to make him watch Ratatouille before our trip so he gets it when we go on the ride.

Thanks as ever for sharing your amazing pics and stories.
Lisa

Great TR Julie. You got some great souvenirs - love that Mad Hatter mug - but I love anything Alice. I met both her and the Mad Hatter (and he was totally mad!) this summer at WDW and I couldn't keep the smile off my face for the rest of the day! I've always missed them at DLP so was really pleased to finally meet them.

I'm really glad Abbey did decide to go with you in the end - looks like she had fun! As did you all - I can't believe how quiet it looked - lucky you!

Thanks for sharing!

Great report Julie. I felt like I was there with you. You're such a smiley bunch! You've gotten me all excited for my Halloween trip.
Loads of great photos too. I love the ones of Salon Mickey. I've never been there and probably never will either!

Wow Julie, what a brilliant trip! Just read your entire trip report and it has me so excited for my quick visit in 12 days time.
However, I definitely won't be as lucky as you were with the queue times/lack of crowds - seems like we'll be there on one of the busiest days possible! I've been spoiled in the past with amazing trips like yours where 15 mins seems like a long wait time....but I guess we just need to adjust our expectations with each visit. Can't believe how many times you rode BTM! Impressed.

I bought that Hercules Tshirt for my boyfriend as a gift from my trip last November, he loves it and wears it to the gym. He's never actually seen Hercules :rolleyes1 or a lot of Disney movies! We're making our way through them. Need to make him watch Ratatouille before our trip so he gets it when we go on the ride.

Thanks as ever for sharing your amazing pics and stories.
Lisa

It's wonderful that Lewis now loves BTM - he spent years hating it and refusing to go on it but the last few trips he's completely changed - he would go on it all day if he could, lol.....and Pirates of course!

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time Lisa - and make sure he watches Ratatoullie!

Great TR Julie. You got some great souvenirs - love that Mad Hatter mug - but I love anything Alice. I met both her and the Mad Hatter (and he was totally mad!) this summer at WDW and I couldn't keep the smile off my face for the rest of the day! I've always missed them at DLP so was really pleased to finally meet them.

I'm really glad Abbey did decide to go with you in the end - looks like she had fun! As did you all - I can't believe how quiet it looked - lucky you!

Thanks for sharing!

Oh, I'm so glad Abbey changed her mind. In the end I think she was the most excited of us all and she said she really enjoyed it. I'd have been distraught going without her if I knew she wanted to go.

Great report Julie. I felt like I was there with you. You're such a smiley bunch! You've gotten me all excited for my Halloween trip.
Loads of great photos too. I love the ones of Salon Mickey. I've never been there and probably never will either!

Thank you! We don't make good use of Salon Mickey as we normally have a later breakfast, but we did enjoy our time in this special wee place this time. Hope you have a lovely trip and manage the queues ok.

Enjoyed reading about your trip - thanks for sharing! It looked lovely and relaxing and lots of fun :thumbsup2

I've really enjoyed this and particularly liked knowing what socks you wore each day! (My favourites are the Marie ones). Your enthusiasm really comes through and I love the details you notice, Oliver is going to love going through your photos with me. Thank you so much for posting. :goodvibes

Enjoyed reading about your trip - thanks for sharing! It looked lovely and relaxing and lots of fun :thumbsup2

It was fantastic, thanks :goodvibes

I've really enjoyed this and particularly liked knowing what socks you wore each day! (My favourites are the Marie ones). Your enthusiasm really comes through and I love the details you notice, Oliver is going to love going through your photos with me. Thank you so much for posting. :goodvibes

Lol, the Marie socks were my favourite too which is why I left them for the last day :rotfl:

Glad you've enjoyed reading along - hope Oliver enjoys it too :goodvibes

I'm another "sad it's finished" person. What a lovely trip. You made the best of the weather and you were so lucky with queue times. :thumbsup2

It's wonderful that Lewis now loves BTM - he spent years hating it and refusing to go on it but the last few trips he's completely changed - he would go on it all day if he could, lol.....and Pirates of course!

I love how in all the BTM photos Lewis is watching for the camera - he looks quite serious in a couple. :rotfl2:

I am so sorry it will be closed in January. I have never been on the Paris one as Catherine won't do it.

I've really enjoyed this and particularly liked knowing what socks you wore each day! (My favourites are the Marie ones).

Glad I'm not the only strange person with a Disney sock fetish. I liked the Marie ones best too. I found some in our Primark after you mentioned them in your PTR so thank you for that. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing. :grouphug:

I'm another "sad it's finished" person. What a lovely trip. You made the best of the weather and you were so lucky with queue times. :thumbsup2
I love how in all the BTM photos Lewis is watching for the camera - he looks quite serious in a couple. :rotfl2:

I am so sorry it will be closed in January. I have never been on the Paris one as Catherine won't do it.

Glad I'm not the only strange person with a Disney sock fetish. I liked the Marie ones best too. I found some in our Primark after you mentioned them in your PTR so thank you for that. :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing. :grouphug:

Thank you Anne. We were very lucky with queue times and had a really lovely time. Lewis and Abbey would chat about what face they'd make on BTM :laughing: I hope you get to experience it one day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter