• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Horror Night Question

SKIIT56

Earning My Ears
DID ANYONE GO LAST YEAR ON HALLOWEEN? HOW WERE THE CROWDS? I CAN EITHER GO TUES,WED,OR FRIDAY NIGHT THIS YEAR. OCT. 30,31 OR NOV2. WHICH DAY IS BEST? NEED YOUR HELP!

I did not go on Halloween last year, however I have friends that did and said it wasn't too bad. The weekend b4 Halloween is almost always sold out. Halloween itself generally isn't. I know thats not to specific, but I hope it helps a little.

Jim

we went last year & it was PACKED. there were 2 hour waits for the haunted houses, so we didn't get to do any of those, everything else was just a huge wait, IMO, not that much fun for a whole lotta money.
Good idea, but needs to be tweeked, the fog & dark were very cool, the parade was to short, I doubt we will go again.
(thats hard for me to say because I LOVE both parks & going there)
please note : your experience may vary & i hope it does !!!

They had a hard time with crowd-handling last year. Attendance was over the forecast and many were unhappy. This surely won't happen this year.

I went last year and I had a great time. The rides were better than years before and the night we went the crowds were not busy at all. We went the 2nd week it was opened on a Wednesday. During the week is a good time. Forget the weekends. I have been to 2 others in the past and they were terrible. So bad that I got my money back. But this one has caused me to go back this year.

Originally posted by IOATech
They had a hard time with crowd-handling last year. Attendance was over the forecast and many were unhappy. This surely won't happen this year.

what won't happen this year.
A) high attendance
B) bad forcast
C) hard time handling crowd
D) unhappy crowd
E) none of the above

:D

I unfortunately had no choice but to go the Saturday night before Halloween last year and the crowds were completely unbearable. At one point we were exiting the Earthquake maze heading towards Amity and actually got stuck in the middle of a huge crowd. People couldn't movie and everyone was basically forced to stay where they were for 15 minutes! I'd never seen anything like it before.

To answer MIB999999's post:

The Friday & Saturday night before Halloween week, the park reached it's capacity and - in error - the pass sales booths continued selling tickets and allowing people into the park. It was an awful weekend, for both guests and employees.

What won't happen again?

Universal won't allow that many guests into USF again. Pass sales booths will be closed earlier and the "gates" will be shut earlier if attendance for Halloween Horror Night gets anywhere near capacity. Trust me - Universal will be MUCH more conservative this year in the number of tickets it sells and the number of guests it allows into the park for this event.

i knew there was a reason i like US/IOA. the people learn and accumulate knowledge, and then put it to use;)

Sorry I wasn't descriptive enough in my response. Thanks for the assist CoasterFEV. My answer would be no unhappy guests. I am usually one of them during HHN and experience the pains and joys right along with everyone else.

That is good to hear, maybe we will have to give it another shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter