Halloween Horror Nights 2013

dedex13 said:
I usually carry a stainless steel filtered water bottle when I'm in the park. I was just taking a last look at the HHN website and noticed:

"No food, drinks, bottles, recording, flash photography, flashlights or laser pens are permitted in the haunted houses. Screaming and sobbing are perfectly fine, though."

Does that mean you aren't allowed to have water bottles? I get a little panicky if I don't have my water...

If its empty they are usually ok with it. I had my red refillable cup with me all night and a popcorn bucket with no issues. I'm sure if you aren't swinging it around or causing trouble you should be fine

Will there be cabs at 2am when the party ends?

I've never had a problem getting a cab after HHN, they will be lined up at the drop off area. They might not be at the hotel at that hour but the staff will call one for you and I'm sure it would arrive quickly. There are no shortage of cabs in that area.

Will I need express pass for Nov. 1? Is the price the same online and at the park? If so, can I purchase at the park if needed?

You can buy express pass in the park. There are plenty kiosks selling the express pass only inside and outside the park. The locations: after the bridge before the security check point on the left side, after you enter the park in front of the big gate in the middle, next to Resident Evil house entrance and a couple more I don't remember. I am not sure about the price. It is usually cheaper online than buying it in the park. There is always online discount for the tickets.

Normally there are no discounts for Express passes for HHN or the parks. However, this year at HHN they have been discounting EPs after 11PM...if they are still available. I wouldn't count on a discount though. In the years that I've gone after Halloween, HHN is still pretty busy.

I may be reading this wrong, but are those who are asking about cabs just going from the parks to Hard Rock? I thought it was within walking distance. I know Royal Pacific is. :confused3

I may be reading this wrong, but are those who are asking about cabs just going from the parks to Hard Rock? I thought it was within walking distance. I know Royal Pacific is. :confused3
The poster who asked that question is staying onsite at Disney not Universal. I read it wrong too but I think they have their answers now.

Aaaahhhh, 1 more day for HHN 2013 and last in-park assignment for Legendary Truth. Most excellent, dude. What a relief cause my feet can't take it anymore. To all LT players, don't forget to attend tonight. I was told by someone in the LT registration that it will be epic. Party on.

Since HHN is over for another year, I'm going to unstick this thread.

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations from posters!

Was a good last night! Sad that it's over already. Feels like it went by so fast. :( Lots of house runs and good memories though.

Did the afternoon tour and had lots of fun. Definitely something I'll be doing every year from now on.

End of haunt season :sad1:

I have to say they had some really strong houses this year. Several went back and forth as my favorite. I know some people weren't crazy about the all Walking Dead scare zones but I thought they did a good job of making each one a different part of the show. The scareactor that was Bicycle girl did a great job. He had to be blind by the end of each night considering how many people were surrounding him taking his picture.

Houses in order of my favorites (1&2 went back and forth as did 3&4):

1-American Werewolf in London
2-Cabin in the Woods
3-Evil Dead
4-TWD
5-La Llorona
6-Resident Evil
7-Havoc
8-Afterlife

This may be a silly (dumb) question, but we're first timers going there in 3 weeks.

Will any of the props used from HHN still be around? In particular, I was wondering if they'd have some Walking Dead stuff lingering around the park.

This may be a silly (dumb) question, but we're first timers going there in 3 weeks.

Will any of the props used from HHN still be around? In particular, I was wondering if they'd have some Walking Dead stuff lingering around the park.
No...all HHN props are removed and/or stored behind the scenes so the public can't see them.

Props are removed starting the day after the last event night.

I was at the studios last week and all props had already been removed and extra set ups dismantled. It suddenly looked extremely empty in some places...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter