Halloween Horror Nights 2013

Just wanted to thank Metro for his mapped out plan on how to tackle the houses. I went last night and it worked out great! My experience will be brief since I'm mobile. Showed up at Finnegans by 4:15 and it was standing room only. No matter as long as I had a beer I was fine not having a table. They let us out at 5:45. Followed Metros advice for the order of the houses, only flaw was that US let everyone in the gates at 6, not 6:30. I was able to knock out 4 houses by 8 and that was without EP. Longest wait of the night for us was 110 minutes for WD. Another long wait time seemed to be Cabin in the Woods. Lucky for me that took 20 minutes because we knocked it out early. For Hell week it wasn't at all that bad. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice here!
You're welcome...I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Thank you Metro West and to Macraven and everyone else with their tips.
Glad you had a good time.

We are staying onsite and are taking a cab to HHN. Would it pay to get a cab at the end of the party at the hard rock hotel instead of walking all the way to the front entrance?

We are staying onsite and are taking a cab to HHN. Would it pay to get a cab at the end of the party at the hard rock hotel instead of walking all the way to the front entrance?
I'm confused as to why you are taking a cab if you're staying onsite. It's much faster to walk or take the boats plus it's much shorter. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking?

Are you staying onsite at Universal or Disney?

There's a big difference.

I'm confused as to why you are taking a cab if you're staying onsite. It's much faster to walk or take the boats plus it's much shorter. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are asking?

Are you staying onsite at Universal or Disney?

There's a big difference.

Ooppps so sorry we are staying off site this year at the yacht club. after HHN we need to take a cab back since we are familiar with the hard rock hotel since we have stayed there plenty of times would it just pay to walk there and get a cab from the lobby of the hotel ?

Ooppps so sorry we are staying off site this year at the yacht club. after HHN we need to take a cab back since we are familiar with the hard rock hotel since we have stayed there plenty of times would it just pay to walk there and get a cab from the lobby of the hotel ?
That should work and is a shorter walk than going to the taxi area...I think. I don't know if cabs are waiting outside the lobby for fares but you shouldn't have to wait long.

Took all the advise from the board and while sitting at the S&S in Finnegan's talked with our waitress Ann (she was great) and she gave us a couple more ways to plan our attack. We had the EP and ended up doing all the houses and the rides. Could not have gone better. We had a blast. They do a wonderful job on the park. First time for all of us and we certainly did get scared out of our wits. Thanks to all for the invaluable advise, it made all the difference in the world. Can't wait till next year.:thumbsup2

That should work and is a shorter walk than going to the taxi area...I think. I don't know if cabs are waiting outside the lobby for fares but you shouldn't have to wait long.

how would you get to the lobby of the hotel. we use to cut thru the pool area but we had a resort key..what would your sugggestion be?

We didn't go this year but learned last year to never go to HHN on a busy night without Express passes. We still had to wait at times but I felt so bad for those in the endless regular lines. It's pricey but well worth it IMO!

We also had to wait a while at Finnegan's but I expected that since they were slammed by so many people around the same time. The event is just so extremely popular that I don't see any way around it.

how would you get to the lobby of the hotel. we use to cut thru the pool area but we had a resort key..what would your sugggestion be?
Now that I can't tell you. I never stay onsite since I live so close so I'll let someone who stays onsite answer that question.

They do have cabs at Hard Rock till what time at night I do not no I would just go to CW hub to be sure you can get one for sure.It's not that much further of a walk.IMO

First I'd like to say thank you Metro West and to Macraven and everyone else for their advice...

I have to say..my friends and I were there on the 18th and 19th....with NO express pass at all and got everything done...the first night we didn't even get there until 7:30pm (we stayed on property too but were just too tired after being in the parks all day to do stay and scream or even get to the event on time...LOL) and we were able to get 4 houses done AND the Rocky Horror Show...I was very impressed..most we waited for a house was an hour....The 2nd night same thing we actually saw Rocky Horror again and managed to see the other 4 houses...Oh and I forgot...both nights we rode all the rides that were open too...I seriously couldn't believe we got everything done WITHOUT the express pass....

I didn't do the cabin in the woods house (it was our last house to see) and I'm regretting it...as I heard that one was the best....I loved AWIL, Evil Dead scared the bejesus out of me...LOL....and I did enjoy Havoc...while not super scary I have to say one of the scareactors got me after I left the house...just when I thought it was safe one of them came up behind me and yelled IT'S NOT OVER YET...and I went running/screaming...ha...ha...

The entire experience was great for my friends and I and I'd definitely do it again.... :)

Ok gang, it's time for my yearly post yo ask for hunts for HHN wimps!

I've been several times but I'm a huge wimp! No houses for me normally!

A few questions....I haven't been since they did away with scare zones . DH tells me that this year even though there are no scare zones per se, there are areas where there are walkers and areas where there are no walkers. Is this true? DH has only been one night this year so I wanted to check with the pros!

Also, since this may be our last HHN because we're moving I told DH I might do a house. Which one is the least scary? I thought about Resident Evil because even though it's based on the games, I like the movie franchise so I'd at least know some characters!

Any other tips for wimps besides don't go?

Feel free to PM me too!! Thanks!

lili1126, all the homies that are addicted to HHN, love to help others.
glad you had a great time!.

ilovefh, i know there are some peeps that are terrified of the unknown in the houses.

the 3-D house, Afterlife, is not scary but does have surprises.
SA blend into the walls and when you see them move, it can be exciting if it has not caught you off guard.

read up on that house on the hhn website and see if you can handle it.

you will see the WD SA moving in areas that have lots of people in it.
the front of the park, the long avenue in front of Mummy, and around the walkway to MIB, and by the 'burning barn' kitty corner from Horror make up show, are the places i encounted walkers.

i didn't think Havoc Derailed was scary but very loud.

hope you will able to try hhn before you move.

Ok gang, it's time for my yearly post yo ask for hunts for HHN wimps!

I've been several times but I'm a huge wimp! No houses for me normally!

A few questions....I haven't been since they did away with scare zones . DH tells me that this year even though there are no scare zones per se, there are areas where there are walkers and areas where there are no walkers. Is this true? DH has only been one night this year so I wanted to check with the pros!

Also, since this may be our last HHN because we're moving I told DH I might do a house. Which one is the least scary? I thought about Resident Evil because even though it's based on the games, I like the movie franchise so I'd at least know some characters!

Any other tips for wimps besides don't go?

Feel free to PM me too!! Thanks!

I was terrified before we went. I really don't like Haunted Houses and was afraid that I would be hounded all over the park and have to hide in the bathroom. We did an RIP tour as my DD and DH LOVE haunted houses! I decided to do the RIP tour to and just see what I could do.

I went in every house, except the 3-d one as I can't handle the spinning tunnel.

Our haunted houses are different here, they let you go in about 6-8 people at a time. At HHN, you go thru as a constant line. I was able to see some of the scares ahead of time and saw security through out the houses. It really helped me. I had a blast.

The only places we saw walkers was in the "scare zones", there were lots of places that we did not see any scary people.

We loved HHN and can't wait to go back. I am so glad that I tried the 1st house and then was able to do all but one. I am pretty claustrophobic and did not find any claustrophobia issues.

I would try a house and if you don't like it, then you don't have to do any more. I thought they were all about the same as far as scares, but the werewolf house had some amazing werewolf costumes and sets.

Now that I can't tell you. I never stay onsite since I live so close so I'll let someone who stays onsite answer that question.

We stayed at HRH Oct 2013:

We had to show our room key to get through security at 1:20AM after HHN to walk to HRH. I am not sure if they would have let us though if we were not staying at HRH or Portifino.

If you can't cut thru the pool gate, keep walking on the path and you can get to the boat drop off area. I think that door is open with out a key. I think the path keeps going on to the front of HRH. I never go that way, so hopefully someone knows for sure.

We did the whole day at USF/IOA on Oct 20 and then did the RIP tour at HHN. I cannot say enough about the tour. We had a great guide, Seth, and we would have had a hard time manouvering the park without him as it was quite dark. It was great getting back door entry into the parks and it really saved my feet, especially since we had done the parks all day. Certainly, it would have been best not to do both together but we couldn't spare the extra day. Thanks again, Metro, for the sound advice! :)

I usually carry a stainless steel filtered water bottle when I'm in the park. I was just taking a last look at the HHN website and noticed:

"No food, drinks, bottles, recording, flash photography, flashlights or laser pens are permitted in the haunted houses. Screaming and sobbing are perfectly fine, though."

Does that mean you aren't allowed to have water bottles? I get a little panicky if I don't have my water...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter