Halloween Party for Adults

BippidiBoppidi

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning a super quick trip to Disney in October for our first wedding anniversary. Because my parents are letting us use their beach condo for the whole week, we are only planning on two park days, staying at the resort one (possibly two) nights. When we booked, I didn't even think about it being during the MNSSHP. Then when I started looking at reserving dinner at CRT, where we got engaged, I found out that we couldn't eat there without tickets to the party. We are trying to decide if it's worth the cost for us to go. One of the things we were looking forward to were EMH, but with the party, MK will close at 7:00 to us. I have never been to the Halloween party, so it's hard to know if it is worth the money for two adults. We love Halloween (it's hubby's favorite holiday). But looking at the activities and offerings, it looks like it might be something that would be more worth our money later on with kids in tow. Currently, we have a Cali Grill dinner reservation for 9:30 the night of our anniversary (and also plan on watching the firework show there), so if we chose to do the party we would forego that dinner experience. We're also planning on spending most of the next day at Epcot for the F&W Festival. Just curious if any of you have attended MNSSHP as adults only/a couple and if we would regret not paying the extra $200 for 5 more hours at MK over dinner and fireworks at CG? Thanks for any tips or advice to make this trip super magical and romantic, even though it will be quick!

I find the MNSSHP to be great for adults, but only if you are into Halloween in general. You might not get much out of it if you could take or leave Halloween, but if your favorite attraction i Haunted Mansion, and you like The Nightmare Before Christmas and other manner of macabre things, the most likely you will enjoy it. Hallowishes is the best fireworks show too.

If you do the party I would not waste party time with a sit-down dinner.

Have fun!

I went with two friends and we are all 30+. We had a great time! I loved the parade and stage show, and meeting some rare characters. I was not too impressed with the fireworks but I'm not a big fireworks fan in general. I did not collect candy (trick or treat) but my friends did so you can certainly trick or treat as adults. We dressed up and loved seeing all the other costumes as well (but I'm not sure if that will be allowed this year or not).

My husband and I did MNSSHP last year and LOVED IT. I actually think it was better without kids in tow.. we aren't as big on meet and greets (though if that's your bag, there are definitely unique ones happening) so we collected candy (we ended up with an INSANE amount - I'll post the pic if I can find it) and rode ridews. The lessened crowds were almost like having FP to all our favorite attractions. The special shows were awesome (we watched Hallowishes, the parade and the Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular -- the latter was super nostalgic. I would emphatically recommend it.

Found the pic!! We (two adults) only used the bags they provided and didn't go out of our way to get candy and still ended up with a good assortment of candy - hope the pic works!

That's a lot of candy!!

As of right now, we're planning on saving MNSSHP for the next trip. If our trip this year was longer, we'd definitely go for it. But we are both romantics and have a super mushy gushy evening planned out for 10/10 (our actual anniversary). We ended up booking another night so we could do F&W at Epcot and not worry about having to drive after a long day of drinking (well, and eating, I guess, haha). However since we did decide to stay, we may end up giving in and getting tickets for 10/11 last minute.

Either way, all of your input has convinced us we need to go sometime! We've already decided to put a Disney trip in the books for our 5 year anniversary (I know it's far off, but at least we'll have another date in sight so I'm not in tears again when we leave not knowing when I will be back again). Next trip, we're planning at least a full week there so we can spread everything out and enjoy it all. It's way to hard deciding what to eliminate with only two days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter