Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time no posting! My friend and I have decided to make her inaugural trek (We're in our thirties eek!) to Disneyland and the Oogie Boogie bash will be going on. She says she wants to go to this, and I don't want her to be disappointed if these Halloween parties are more geared towards kids (I mean, I know Halloween is geared towards kids in general...). Is it worth it for two thirty some-odds to spend the extra to go to the party? We'll be getting three day park hopper tickets and will likely be in the parks the day of the event. We'll be there the first week it's on, and likely be going to the Thursday Party.

Is it a waste to use our Park Hopper Ticket during the day and then go to the party at night? Are we better off just going to the party and using our ticket for a different day?

Thanks for any advice anybody might have!

Long time no posting! My friend and I have decided to make her inaugural trek (We're in our thirties eek!) to Disneyland and the Oogie Boogie bash will be going on. She says she wants to go to this, and I don't want her to be disappointed if these Halloween parties are more geared towards kids (I mean, I know Halloween is geared towards kids in general...). Is it worth it for two thirty some-odds to spend the extra to go to the party? We'll be getting three day park hopper tickets and will likely be in the parks the day of the event. We'll be there the first week it's on, and likely be going to the Thursday Party.

Is it a waste to use our Park Hopper Ticket during the day and then go to the party at night? Are we better off just going to the party and using our ticket for a different day?

What we've done in the past is if we're planning to go to the parks for 4 days and 1 is a Halloween party day, we buy a 3 day hopper ticket and then a Halloween party ticket for the 4th day. For us, using up one of our park ticket days on the same day as a Halloween party isn't worth it, and also makes for a loooong day in the park. We like to take the morning of the Halloween party off to relax, enjoy the pool, have a nap before entering the park, etc.

And as far as being in your 30's, don't worry! The Halloween parties are for all to enjoy! Some elements are more geared towards kiddos like the trick or treat trails, the dance parties, etc. But there is plenty for two solo adults to do as well - meet characters, WoC Halloween show, the Halloween parade, enjoy everyone's costumes, and of course, the rides!

Like @jammyjam25 , we are not going to have a park ticket the day of the party. Since you can be at DCA 3:00-11:00 for the Thursday party (2:00-11:00 Sundays and some late Oct dates I think), you still get a good chunk of time in the park. When we go in early Oct, we're getting 2 day PHs Fri and Sat, and then Sun doing the party. We're planning to sleep in and then spend Sunday before the party hanging out at DTD. So in your case, I'd do a 3 day hopper and then a fourth day for the party, if you can swing it. Or you could do what we're doing if, like us, you only have 3 days total.

I've never been to a Halloween party, admittedly, but isn't this really why Disney is so amazing? People of all ages get to be kids for awhile! DH and I are in our early 30s too, and from reports here and from people we know in person, I know we won't feel out of place at all. Our friends, also in their early 30s, have done the party for a couple years and they still come home with big bags of candy. I really think the whole appeal, to me, is that I get to celebrate Halloween like a kid again, and at Disney, which makes it even better!

I don't want to say i'm in my 30's too because i am barely at 30 so not considered iinnn my 30s lol but my point being that in our party of 9 only 1 is an actual kid. 2 are teens and 6 adults. Trust me the reason we are going to the Halloween party is not for the kids/teens its for us the adults. We have never done one and we are very excited. I would absolutely go as with just another adult.

About the tickets, i got 2 day hoppers and if we need more time we will upgrade to 3 day.

Disnry events are geared toward all ages. My daughter and I go every year and I'm 47 and shes 22. This will be our 6th party and were not the only adults without kids. It's meant so all can experience it and enjoy it. It's the only time adults can dress in costumes as well. So, go have fun and forget about how old everyone is. You guys will have a blast!

I'm honestly super surprised about this.
Me too! Maybe because there are no Friday parties or because it's not in DL... who knows. If they dont get the amount of people going that they want hopefully it will move back to DL next year. One could hope...

Me too! Maybe because there are no Friday parties or because it's not in DL... who knows. If they dont get the amount of people going that they want hopefully it will move back to DL next year. One could hope...

Better yet, cut the price back to reflect what they are offering. The value isn't there for the price they are asking for a ticket.

Better yet, cut the price back to reflect what they are offering. The value isn't there for the price they are asking for a ticket.
Agree! I have no doubt that the party will be fun. But I just can’t bring myself to purchase a $100+ ticket for DCA. I expected them to move it to DCA and raise the price, and knew that I most likely wouldn’t go because of it.

I completely agree. If they were doing the party the way it was the last couple of years I would have paid the inflated price. I’ve never done the DL party, only the WDW one. With the details I’ve read so far for this year, I am not inspired. I will be there, but will likely spend the party time in DL. The main inspiration for this trip is HMH.

I agree, and I'm sure you're right. But... hard to say because we just dont have anything to go off of yet. Who knows? This event COULD (it wont) blow the socks off of the DL party. I'm in TX, so I cant just hop on over IF the reviews are great. I'll pay up front and hope for the best. If it does suck, I'll just walk on over to Disneyland and continue on to another magical day in paradise. :)

But damn, I'm REALLY gonna miss Jack MC'ing the Halloween fireworks :( Not excited about WOC.

I think the parade will still be great, with hopefully better viewing since it’s a longer route. I think WOC could be a lot of fun if they use a lot of the fire effects. The biggest thing though could be wait times of the major attractions. If wait times are like 30 minutes or less then this might still be really worth it to the older ages (that aren’t just going to be excited over candy). I usually only get to hit those major attractions once a day, and sometimes might skip one of them just because fast passes are gone and it’s way too long of a wait. If I can hit them two or three times, that’ll be nice.

Also, DCA has a lot more dining options. If Disney was smart, they would theme a couple different dinners and decorate the locations a little, offer a preferred viewing area and then also a seated area for the parade (tied to a dinner package) and of course offer WOC dessert party, Halloween themed. Now that all might leave some early teens to early 20s feeling a little disappointed, but little kids will love the candy and characters and adults might enjoy a fun Halloween dinner, some lower wait rides, and the parade and show.

Disney needs to up their “all in” game though since they don’t have the attractions and fireworks really driving the show this year...

I think the parade will still be great, with hopefully better viewing since it’s a longer route. I think WOC could be a lot of fun if they use a lot of the fire effects. The biggest thing though could be wait times of the major attractions. If wait times are like 30 minutes or less then this might still be really worth it to the older ages (that aren’t just going to be excited over candy). I usually only get to hit those major attractions once a day, and sometimes might skip one of them just because fast passes are gone and it’s way too long of a wait. If I can hit them two or three times, that’ll be nice.

Also, DCA has a lot more dining options. If Disney was smart, they would theme a couple different dinners and decorate the locations a little, offer a preferred viewing area and then also a seated area for the parade (tied to a dinner package) and of course offer WOC dessert party, Halloween themed. Now that all might leave some early teens to early 20s feeling a little disappointed, but little kids will love the candy and characters and adults might enjoy a fun Halloween dinner, some lower wait rides, and the parade and show.

Disney needs to up their “all in” game though since they don’t have the attractions and fireworks really driving the show this year...

well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter