Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticket prices are gonna kill me :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: For hubby and I to go on Halloween (which was our plan since we'll be down there) it will cost us $290, what's with no AP discount?! Even a slight one. I'm gonna seriously reconsider going to the party.

I think the title of this thread should be altered to reflect the party move to DCA. That is a major, highlight-worthy piece of info that people should see before getting to page 2.

Ticket prices are gonna kill me :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2: For hubby and I to go on Halloween (which was our plan since we'll be down there) it will cost us $290, what's with no AP discount?! Even a slight one. I'm gonna seriously reconsider going to the party.
Last year there was only an AP discount on 3 of the parties.

Holy smokes...this is several months earlier than usual. I don’t even know when we’re going yet...aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Looks like we need to fly down on Thursday now... no party on Friday or Saturday the weekend we were planning on. How late do you all think DCA will be open on party nights... at least 11 you think?

I need my Disney people who will understand my 1st world problems. :rotfl: DH just says to plan it how I want to. Not helpful. LOL.

With the dates announced for the Halloween party, I need help! We will be on the San Diego DCL Wonder cruise Oct. 14-18 with plans to go to Disneyland afterwards 18-20. I was really hoping for a Friday night party! We're driving from the Bay Area, so if we were to go to the party on Sunday the 20th, we'd have to take an extra day off work to drive back on Monday the 21st. :eek: It's hard for both DH & I to get that extra day off having been off the week prior, but possibly doable.

The other option is to reverse our plans and stay in Anaheim the weekend prior to the cruise, Oct 12-13. We had planned to spend that weekend in San Diego and Disney the following weekend, but could swap it. How bad is the drive from Anaheim to San Diego late Sunday night after a Halloween party or early-ish Monday morning with rush hour traffic? What would be your preference?

A few thoughts:
I knew it was going to move to DCA this year..but I am still sad it is not at DL. That Main Street pumpkin during the party just gives me such a warm feeling. Plus Halloween screams fireworks are my favorite out of any fireworks at DL..so I hope they have it on weekends or something during regular hours.

Interesting that there are no Friday parties. Only Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I guess that makes sense. The Friday crowds were complete insanity on party nights. Back in 2017 when I went to the party for the first time, I was glad I didn't have to be in DCA all night. It was pandemonium!

I'm unsure if I am going to go. I'll see if my aunt wants to go again since she loves the parties. I'm glad I was able to go 2 years at DL before the switch!

Unless i missed it, it also looks like they got rid of the park-hopping ability with party tickets this year.
That may influence my decision not to go. I began going when they allowed the tickets to be hoppers, so I felt that the higher price was worth it...now not sure.

I need my Disney people who will understand my 1st world problems. :rotfl: DH just says to plan it how I want to. Not helpful. LOL.

With the dates announced for the Halloween party, I need help! We will be on the San Diego DCL Wonder cruise Oct. 14-18 with plans to go to Disneyland afterwards 18-20. I was really hoping for a Friday night party! We're driving from the Bay Area, so if we were to go to the party on Sunday the 20th, we'd have to take an extra day off work to drive back on Monday the 21st. :eek: It's hard for both DH & I to get that extra day off having been off the week prior, but possibly doable.

The other option is to reverse our plans and stay in Anaheim the weekend prior to the cruise, Oct 12-13. We had planned to spend that weekend in San Diego and Disney the following weekend, but could swap it. How bad is the drive from Anaheim to San Diego late Sunday night after a Halloween party or early-ish Monday morning with rush hour traffic? What would be your preference?
I’d do Anaheim first, party on Sunday, drive down to San Diego that night (it just adults/older kids) or the next morning (if littles are involved), and then enjoy the cruise!

You’re going to have such an awesome trip; we did the Wonder out of San Diego twice last year!

I'm just shocked that there are no Friday parties. I always plan to go to a Friday party as there has always been one. I know they can change it but I guess I just assumed they would have a Friday party. I'm just grateful I planned an extra day this year which I don't usually do....

The dates are really hard for us, since we need to travel down. This is all on school nights except for the Sunday of Columbus Day, which will be a nightmare I am sure. Oh well, I guess it's a no this year for us, darn it.

I’d do Anaheim first, party on Sunday, drive down to San Diego that night (it just adults/older kids) or the next morning (if littles are involved), and then enjoy the cruise!

You’re going to have such an awesome trip; we did the Wonder out of San Diego twice last year!

Thanks for the quick response! I think that'll be our best option too, after typing it out. DS will be 11 and has no problems sleeping in the car and I like the idea of already being in SD and sleeping in the morning we have to get on the ship. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter