• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said, were I ever to go to a Halloween party in one of the parks (sadly I haven’t & probably won’t any time soon), I would probably take full advantage of the adult costume prohibition‘s being temporarily lifted and would go all the way out with my outfit.
That’s kind of what I’m torn about. This is the only chance adults can wear a full costume. I can Disney bound whenever. Money-wise Disney bounding is better. But to get into the spirit of Halloween, wearing a full costume would be better. Hmm decisions 🤔 if I have time to go Saturday evening to the park, I might try on the dress. I’ll also look at some accessories that they have.

Anxiously awaiting more news. What's left to be revealed?
-Anymore Halloween Merch?
-Dining Packages?
...and of course photos/videos of the new stuff in DCA this year.

Anxiously awaiting more news. What's left to be revealed?
-Anymore Halloween Merch?
-Dining Packages?
...and of course photos/videos of the new stuff in DCA this year.

When I called earlier this week the CM on the phone said that there will be NO dining packages offered during the party. :/

When I called earlier this week the CM on the phone said that there will be NO dining packages offered during the party. :/

I've been afraid of this... my friends definitely enjoyed the dining package at BB for the parade. I wonder how that'll work out this year between them wanting to do the parade and WOC... The joys of being the "planner" in the group. 😩

Does anyone know if they had out trick or treat bags to use or do you need to bring something?
Do they frown upon adults trick or treating at all?

Does anyone know if they had out trick or treat bags to use or do you need to bring something?
They do hand out bags for candy and adults can get candy too. However depending how “all in” you plan to go with candy you may want a larger bag or with sturdier/more comfortable handles.

So question for the party veterans: So as far as costumes go, do you see a lot of non Disney costumes or is everyone draped in Disney?

So question for the party veterans: So as far as costumes go, do you see a lot of non Disney costumes or is everyone draped in Disney?
I've mostly seen disney costumes. And it's all types of Disney: Pixar, Disney Channel, One Saturday Morning. Off the top of my head, the non disney costumes I have seen are Scooby Doo, Pokemon, and Harry Potter.

They give you a small bag, but I always bring a larger one because you end up with a ton of candy and snacks. Each trail will have multiple candy stations. And adults can trick or treat without judgement :)

Hi everyone! This will be my first trip to Disneyland but we are leaving on the 7th. What can I expect to see Halloween at the parks on the 6th? I know the website says it starts on the 6th. Will haunted mansion be open? I hate that we won’t be attending a party.

There's definitely a mix, at least on the nights I've gone. Two years ago my best friend and I went as the Wicked Witch and Glinda. 🎃
I've mostly seen disney costumes. And it's all types of Disney: Pixar, Disney Channel, One Saturday Morning. Off the top of my head, the non disney costumes I have seen are Scooby Doo, Pokemon, and Harry Potter.

Thanks for the input. I’ve been trying to come up with a costume for myself. But it’s hard to come up with ideas to work with my mustache. Lol

Hi everyone! This will be my first trip to Disneyland but we are leaving on the 7th. What can I expect to see Halloween at the parks on the 6th? I know the website says it starts on the 6th. Will haunted mansion be open? I hate that we won’t be attending a party.
The 6th is the first official day of Halloweentime so all decorations in the parks will be up (you’ll see them going up over the course of previous days. It’s kinda neat to go each morning and see what showed up overnight). HMH will open that day (and expect lines to be long. Grab a MP/FP early if you want to ride it).

The 6th is the first official day of Halloweentime so all decorations in the parks will be up (you’ll see them going up over the course of previous days. It’s kinda neat to go each morning and see what showed up overnight). HMH will open that day (and expect lines to be long. Grab a MP/FP early if you want to ride it).
Thanks! Will the Halloween merchandise be out then too?

Main themes: Disney of all kinds (TV, movies, anime, rides, foods, CMs, etc.), unique costumes -- emphasis on originality and handmade over store bought (you'll see plenty of store bought, but the original, obviously not store bought costumes always win major points from the crowd! -- e.g. there was a family dressed as the traffic cones from "Toy Story 2"), emphasis on family friendly (the horror, gore costumes do get raised eyebrows and stick out in an odd way -- that's more for Knott's and USH), lots of cosplay, and lots of low key fun (the mom who decked out her kids, then wore a black t-shirt that said "Cheapo Ninja Costume" got applause!).

Straight from the Horse(handler)'s mouth: we got to meet the horse who has been the Headless Horseman's horse for the last 2 years this morning at CHOC Walk (she's beautiful!). The handler said that this horse will be back again this year and that they are training another horse who will start doing his first parties this year. Should be fun!

Last edited:
emphasis on family friendly (the horror, gore costumes do get raised eyebrows and stick out in an odd way -- that's more for Knott's and USH),
Someone last year posted a pic of someone dressed as Pennywise. That would've scared me if I saw it lol
I appreciate the wholesome atmosphere of the Halloween parties. I enjoyed going to Hollywood Horror night last year, but I screamed the whole time lol. I don't have to scream at Disneyland lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter