Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really fouled up... I had ordered tickets for the first day on Monday... or so I thought!... but realized I hadn't gotten a confirmation so when I saw it was sold out I went and logged back into my account and saw the tickets were still in my cart, yikes! Not sure what I did and of course when I tried to complete the purchase the tickets were removed. The really sad part is I had spent a couple weeks talking my family into it and then told them I got the tickets and oh boy is it a sad day today. Now my family doesn't even want to go at all, crazy. I feel so bad... can't believe I messed that up, if only I hadn't been so convincing - when I first mentioned it they all thought it sounded not worth it.
I was in a similar situation, everybody on here advised me to call them ASAP just to make sure it is in fact sold out. I know there was tickets for that day earlier today. I was out of luck, but maybe call them ASAP to just make sure.

I was in a similar situation, everybody on here advised me to call them ASAP just to make sure it is in fact sold out. I know there was tickets for that day earlier today. I was out of luck, but maybe call them ASAP to just make sure.
I called in a major panic at 1pm just trying to figure out what the glitch was... I was checking out the Disney Visa offer so I must've just navigated away before it finished processing.. and we confirmed I did not have the tickets and there were no more available.

I’m assuming it’s because it’s cheaper. That’s why I’m going in September.
Yup! Especially for a bit of an “unknown” experience with DCA, I can see people going for the cheaper option rather than sinking even more money into an October date.

I’ll be there September 17th with some adult friends, assuming I’m recovered enough from an upcoming surgery to be out and about. Haven’t done a party in a few years, but I’m intrigued by what they’ll do at DCA and want to check it out! I’ll report back for future guests.

I called in a major panic at 1pm just trying to figure out what the glitch was... I was checking out the Disney Visa offer so I must've just navigated away before it finished processing.. and we confirmed I did not have the tickets and there were no more available.
Any chance you'll be staying at the Grand Californian? They have historically sold same-day tickets to hotel guests, seemingly without limit. My stepmother has always gotten them that way, never buying them ahead of time. Last year I personally heard a guy walk up to the front desk and ask for a bunch of tickets (like 8 or 10, I can't remember the number but remember thinking it was a lot) for that night's sold-out party and the CM just cheerfully sold them. No mention of "Let's see how many are still available," etc. I don't know if all 3 on-site hotels do/did this, or if they'll continue to this year, but for sure GC did in the past.

Any chance you'll be staying at the Grand Californian? They have historically sold same-day tickets to hotel guests, seemingly without limit. My stepmother has always gotten them that way, never buying them ahead of time. Last year I personally heard a guy walk up to the front desk and ask for a bunch of tickets (like 8 or 10, I can't remember the number but remember thinking it was a lot) for that night's sold-out party and the CM just cheerfully sold them. No mention of "Let's see how many are still available," etc. I don't know if all 3 on-site hotels do/did this, or if they'll continue to this year, but for sure GC did in the past.

I can confirm Disneyland Hotel guests could try to purchase same day tickets to sold out parties. Since I had no idea what to expect, or how many tickets they had, I was down there at 5:45am (I think sales started at 6am). I felt super stupid when I was the ONLY one standing in line in the empty lobby, but 6am there were at least 15 people behind me. I have no idea how many tickets were available but I was able to get two for myself and a guest I had.

Ran into some bad luck when I went to purchase our Oogie Boogie Bash tickets. My bank account was cleaned out by someone skimming my card. Couldn't get my account unfrozen until yesterday. Checked the site and the date we needed was sold out. Really heart breaking. I emailed disney. They havent responded but I'm really hoping they do or can help in anyway? Anyone thing I have a chance on some disney magic?

If you stay onsite, you may be able to get tickets the morning of the party. The hotels try to hold tickets for onsite guests. (Some people line up as early as 5am to get the tickets). Sorry about your bank account. I hope you can get tickets.

A few people have mentioned having luck calling and getting tickets to sold out parties. Seems that it needs to be pretty soon after it sells out, though. Good luck to you. Bank fraud is so frustrating.

Last edited:
I am really surprised there hasn't been more information about treats, food and Halloween items yet. The season is in just a few short weeks. Disneyland, what are you waiting for? How do you expect to get people really excited and wanting to crack open their wallets without showing some "sizzle"?

I am really surprised there hasn't been more information about treats, food and Halloween items yet. The season is in just a few short weeks. Disneyland, what are you waiting for? How do you expect to get people really excited and wanting to crack open their wallets without showing some "sizzle"?

I think its pretty typical for us to not get some of the info till literally the day of the first party. But a LOT of the food and treats (if not all) have already been documented. I think its on the first page of this thread. But here it is, credit to The Laughing PlaceScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.36.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.36.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.36.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.36.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.36.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.35.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.35.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-24 at 5.34.03 PM.png:

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2019/07/31/new-disneyland-resort-halloween-time-foods-for-2019/

Last edited:
Thank you, Jacobking. I wonder if they will have the spice bundt cake at Jolly Holiday again this year as well as the vanilla ice cream with warm apple pie filling at Gibson Girl, as well as others that family and friends loved from last year.

@Drew Perri: Disney does not authorize third party vendors to sell Halloween party tickets, so your best options for tickets to sold out parties are 1) call the ticket line ASAP (as other posters have said, this works but you have to move fast!), 2) ask at the booths ASAP (if you know someone local who can ask for you, this can work), or 3) stay on site the day of your party and try to get tickets first thing in the morning at the hotel desk/concierge desk. Do NOT use unauthorized vendors to get tickets -- the risk of getting ripped off or scammed is real.

Last edited:
@Drew Perri: Disney does not authorize third party vendors to sell Halloween party tickets, so your best options for tickets to sold out parties are 1) call the ticket line ASAP (as other posters have said, this works but you have to move fast!), 2) ask at the booths ASAP (if you know someone local who can ask for you, this can work), or 3) stay on site the day of your party and try to get tickets first thing in the morning at the hotel desk/concierge desk. Do NOT use unauthorized vendors to get tickets -- the risk of getting ripped off or scammed is real.

I know Disney is expensive and people will do whatever they can to save $10-20 on a $200-300 ticket, but it just blows my mind that people take the risk of buying bad tickets on craigslist or wherever just to save a few dollars. I know OP isn't trying to save money by going 3rd party here, but PLEASE do not buy 3rd party tickets.

Does anyone know if you need fast passes for the World of Colour Halloween Party showings? I would assume it’s just first come first served but wanted to be prepared. Also, once the parties start would love to know how crowded the World of Colour viewing is during parties :)
Thanks!

Does anyone know if alcohol will be available for purchase during the party? If I recall from the last Halloween party I attended at DCA 10+ years ago was they did NOT sell alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter