Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you go early and get into Disneyland with costumes, we have APs. Want the pumpkin picture

If you go by the book no. I have seen people with costumes in Disneyland on party days though, and quite a number. So it does not look like they are enforcing the rule really hard.

Just a reminder, now that we are in the home stretch of the parties:
OBB tickets clearly state that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale. Please do not try to sell them here or anywhere else. You can give them to a lucky someone or donate them to a charity (try Children's Hospital of Orange County, CA or Make a Wish) for a tax deduction.
For those still looking for tickets, try calling the ticket line to see if there are any tickets left for the last two parties. Or, if you are an on site guest, go to the front desk first thing on the morning of the 29th or the 31st to buy tickets (available to registered on site guests only). Whatever you do, do not buy OBB tickets through a third party vendor. Disney does NOT authorize Halloween party ticket sales through third party vendors, so the risk of getting scammed and ripped off is real. We get reports every year of people being turned away from the gates with scam tickets. Don't be one of these people and don't support the scammers.

I don't want to get into the argument of who is correct or incorrect here, but this is the exact wording on my ticket from the OBB that I purchased directly from Disney this year, cut and pasted from the actual eTicket that they sent me:

"Not for resale. Non-refundable. Non-transferable. Void if altered. Revocable. No cash value. Disney is not responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused by computer error, or unauthorized duplication or sale of Disney eTickets. In the event that duplicate Disney eTickets are presented for theme park admission, Disney reserves the right to refuse entry. Not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or property. Not valid for admission to certain events and activities. Obey all safety signage, instructions and rules. Parks, entertainment or attractions may change operating hours, close temporarily, or may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the parks. Entry into any park constitutes consent for Disney to use any film, video or reproduction of image and for voice of bearer for any purpose whatsoever without any payment to the bearer. Applicable ticket and valid photo identification confirmation are required for same day readmission to same park. It is agreed between the owners of the parks and ticket users that all claims for injury or loss arising incident to presence on owners’ property shall be litigated in the state where the incident occurred. Subject to capacity and other restrictions. ©Disney"

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the interactive trick or treat trails, thought that was a great idea but hope that the party is back at Disneyland next year. I missed the fireworks and riding some of the rides, Haunted Mansion in particular.

Not going to lie I’m a little sad tomorrow is the last day for Halloween at Disneyland. Christmas is my favorite but Halloween is just so fun!
Totally agree! And I'm going to miss this superthread and all the camaraderie -- we've been hanging out here since the end of January! And today is the last OBB... It feels like just yesterday we were so impatient for the party tickets to go on sale!

Did anyone go to the OBB on the 31st? Any reviews?

Overall, we enjoyed the OBB more than we thought we would -- it was really fun! But we definitely missed the charm of MHP and the cohesive, immersive feeling of DL. DCA had some real highlights (e.g. immersive treat trails, Villains Grove, rare character M&Gs, etc.), but then there were large gaps between party attractions that needed to be filled/decorated/etc. We really missed the Cadaver Dans and thought a few live music acts might have been fun, instead of the relentless music loop (which was okay, but made us miss MHP's loop). Loved that the CC Lounge stayed open -- a nice, grown up party break. If the Halloween Party returns to DCA next year, I hope Disney adds on to it and develops it more fully -- lots of potential this year and next year could be even better. (But I do hope the party returns to DL!)

Last edited:
I want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread! It really helped me enjoy the Party so much more than if I’d gone in blind! I don’t know if I’ll go next year, no matter where it is held. The price for one night is more than a monthly payment on my AP. That math just doesn’t work out. I’m glad I went, but I don’t see it being an annual thing.

I really enjoyed living vicariously through everyone in this thread. We are 75% sure we will be there for a party next year. This was the first year in the last three we haven't went down and I regretted it all month. I loved it at Disneyland but wouldn't mind going to DCA for it. I just think I'd miss the Dapper Dan's so much, that is my daughter's and my favorite part. She was 4 the first time she saw them coming out of the fog singing one of her favorite songs (This is Halloween) and she still tells people about how cool it was.

This was a most helpful and enjoyable planning thread. Thanks to everyone for their input. I'm going to miss it! I was pleasantly surprised by our OBB experience on Halloween. My db and I had more fun at the OBB than we did last year on Halloween at MHP. We found the interactive treat trails to be a blast. I went as an aging Queen Ravenna and he was the Huntman (I realized after I chose this as a good sibling theme that this is Universal not Disney but it was a fun one). And security didn't have a problem with his ax or the knives in his belt. And both Queens had great fun interacting with us and with him in particular--especially when he said to Malificent that he was going to slay her.

We also really enjoyed Villains Grove; we went during the beginning of the parade and pretty much had it to ourselves and we found it delightfully well done and magical. I see how crowds would have diminished this quite a bit. We caught the tail end of the parade from the Sonoma Terrace and found it lackluster because of the bright lights from Paradise Pier. Like The Lucky Rabbit I hope that next year includes additional mood setting lighting and sounds like Villains Grove around DCA.

... I just think I'd miss the Dapper Dan's so much, that is my daughter's and my favorite part...
The Dapper Dan's were still at DL singing Halloween songs during Halloween Time. They just weren't dressed as the Cadaver Dans. They sang on Main Street and by the firehouse. So it wasn't exactly the same as at MHP, but at least they weren't completely MIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter